Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That's how it works? Interesting. Basically then, there are no hard and fast rules.
    Nope. Since her powers are magical, writers can do whatever they like and say it's because of magic.

BTW, is she limited to animals? That would put the STD thing to bed if true.
    It's LIFE/RED/MORPHOGENETIC FIELD of the Earth/Universe. She can mimic the abilities of anything that has ever lived

7000 tons though isn't even in the running with people who can bench the planet.
    True, though she could enhance her limit by pulling power from the RED. Though to me, 7,000 tons is good enough...there already to many people who can move the Earth. If she was in Marvel, she would be considered one of the elite. LOL

Still an interesting character though, maybe I'll try to read more of her stories.
    She can be really interesting and powerful, she just under used.

And yeah, a blue whale is the absolute strongest animal on Earth...it doesn't have to lift anything, one minor brush with an animal like that and you're tossed three hundred feet into the air, dead as a stone. It's sort of like how killer whales kill dolphins or seals, by hitting them so hard animals weighing hundreds of pounds go flying through the air. Hey, don't mind me, I admit I don't know how her powers work, that's just my feeling for how it should be.

She doesn't grow huge teeth if she happens across a T-Rex and copies it, does she? I don't know...I don't know if it's ever come up.
    She actually has some whale moments...

Against Flashpoint Aquaman
    20200713_183307.jpg
    Knocking a Submarine off it's course.
    20200713_183356.jpg

And Yes she can grow claws and Fangs if she needs them.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-13-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Her strength limits have never been clearly defined. At most, she is pushing Classic Thing level of 90+ tons...which is where I put Wonder Girl.

"cough"SHAZAM"cough"....sorry had to clear my throat.

I agree with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    She pulls her powers from animals. The strongest animal is the dung beetle, who can life the human equivalent of 80 tons. That would essentially be her power cap.
    SHAZAM is DIFFERENT...

Because SHAZAM transforms himself and he gets the new body and he uses than this strength of this body.
    So he then gets (I dont know how to say it better) a SUPERMAN body and he uses the strength which this body have.

Vixen doesnt have this strength in her body, but she pulls the strength from a source.

I dont know if its understandable, but it would be the same for me if Zatanna uses a magical spell to make her as strong as Superman.
    It is NOT a permament strength like SHAZAM have, but you just use a temporary spell.

Wonder Girl is difficult..
    Donna has various origins and the last what I heard is that she is like a younger Diana.
    Cassie is also difficult, because she mostly used strength given by Zeus and Ares instead of her own body strenght.
    Cassie discovered how to use her own powers in the fight with Lycus.

Supergirl. Candor arc, when they are suddenly shown out of the bottle city. As I said, there were extenuating circumstances, and PG meant right then, at that specific time, not in general. Just as Supergirl meant it that way at the start of her series. I will not that I do NOT like that version of Supergirl. She was violent, borderline nuts, and a pretty nasty piece of work who didn't seem to see other people as...people, but rather as objects. Either that, or she got off on hurting people. She had Power Girl in her biggest weakness, a full nelson, and threatened to break her shoulders...this right after she abandoned Power Girl to the bad guys and let her get tortured and nearly murdered. PG could not escape the hold because she apparently has brain damage and forgot everything she was taught about getting out of that move, every time someone uses it on her. PG commented on how strong SG was, and then SG noted it was lucky PG wasn't at full strength.

Regardless, SOMEONE has to teach Power Girl how to get out of that move. A person capable of fighting Wonder Woman very well shouldn't let that be everyone's go to move for beating her... Seriously, what's up with that?

As for the Supergirl stronger than Superman thing..they sort of retracted that fairly early on in the Supergirl series. Something like Superman always holds a lot back, while SG doesn't hold anything, or some such. Struck me as a belated realization that maybe they made a mistake.

Personally, I agree with you, Power Girl should be stronger than Supergirl...and a MUCH better fighter. Faster too. I'm just saying there isn't any real evidence one way or the other....YET! Hear that, DC? Bring back PG and then make it so!

The point being that there has been no definitive statement by either, even though they've both ventured an opinion.
    Ok-for Power Girl I only know the picture where Supergirl said that Power Girl is stronger.
    I dont remember in which issues it were, but I remember that also on other ocasions she often said Power Girl as the "better" Version of herself, being more mature or so.

For Power Girl I only know the panel which includes Jay Garrick and in which Supergirl tries to restrain Power Girl and Supergirl cant do that and Supergirl calls her stronger.

Power Girl is stronger, however Supergirl (PRE-FLASHPOINT) was trained by the Amazons so Supergirl has the better SKILLS because of training and POWER GIRL should be superior in strength and kryptonian abilities because of Sun.

I also only know scenes in which Supergirl also calls Power Girl "better"...If I remember right it was after Conners death, when she again encounters Power Girl.
    I remember that she brought CONNERS shirt to CASSIE and Supergirl also was wearing the Shirt for some time...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    SHAZAM is DIFFERENT...

Because SHAZAM transforms himself and he gets the new body and he uses than this strength of this body.
    So he then gets (I dont know how to say it better) a SUPERMAN body and he uses the strength which this body have.

Vixen doesnt have this strength in her body, but she pulls the strength from a source.

I dont know if its understandable, but it would be the same for me if Zatanna uses a magical spell to make her as strong as Superman.
    It is NOT a permament strength like SHAZAM have, but you just use a temporary spell.

Donna has various origins and the last what I heard is that she is like a younger Diana.
    Cassie is also difficult, because she mostly used strength given by Zeus and Ares instead of her own body strenght.

Ok-for Power Girl I only know the picture where Supergirl said that Power Girl is stronger.
    I dont remember in which issues it were, but I remember that also on other ocasions she often said Power Girl as the "better" Version of herself, being more mature or so.

For Power Girl I only know the panel which includes Jay Garrick and in which Supergirl tries to restrain Power Girl and Supergirl cant do that and Supergirl calls her stronger.

Power Girl is stronger, however Supergirl (PRE-FLASHPOINT) was trained by the Amazons so Supergirl has the better SKILLS because of training and POWER GIRL should be superior in strength and kryptonian abilities because of Sun.

I also only know scenes in which Supergirl also calls Power Girl "better"...If I remember right it was after Conners death, when she again encounters Power Girl.
    I remember that she brought CONNERS shirt to CASSIE and Supergirl also was wearing the Shirt for some time...
    It was either issue #1 or #2 of the first reboot Supergirl run in the 2000s. Power Girl WAS stronger...but it wasn't natural, and it was short lived. IIRC, something again was mentally controlling Power Girl, and amping up beyond SG. which was noted by several of the characters. After that, PG went back to normal for her...which at the time also IIRC was a bit before she was retconned back to Kryptonian. Though I may be off on that last.

The two simply haven't gotten together much post COIE. The bit you mention at the start of the Supergirl series in the 2000s. My feeling is issue 1 or 2. And the Candor arc. And a couple of issues in the nu52 Supergirl.

As far as "better", well, I would agree, but I don't recall ever seeing SG say that. Though there was some mildly amusing nu52 SG noting that nu52 Power Girl could actually wear the Power Girl costume a lot better than she could.

SHAZAM is DIFFERENT...

He does pull his strength from a source: Hercules. It's literally part of his name. His body doesn't give him his strength, the magic that transforms his body does that.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

SHAZAM is DIFFERENT...

Saying Shazam, gives Billy Batson the strength of Hercules, saying or thinking Rhinoceros beetle gives Vixen superhuman strength for as long as she wants it.

Let's not split hairs here sir. Its the same thing.

Extraordinary Member

Not pertaining much to this thread, but I was thinking if Vixen wanted to get nasty, she could do maybe an inland Tiger snake's venom or whichever. Not a character to underestimate, I should think. It was a funny bit, but in the Injustice 2 game, the intro between PG and Vixen had PG saying she liked Vixen's powers more, to which Vixen was incredulous, pointing out that PG has heat vision. Turns out PG is an animal lover. I liked Vixen's voice actress there, thought she made a couple of lines interesting. Does she have a solo currently or appear anywhere regularly?

Not pertaining much to this thread, but I was thinking if Vixen wanted to get nasty, she could do maybe an inland Tiger snake's venom or whichever. Not a character to underestimate, I should think. It was a funny bit, but in the Injustice 2 game, the intro between PG and Vixen had PG saying she liked Vixen's powers more, to which Vixen was incredulous, pointing out that PG has heat vision. Turns out PG is an animal lover. I liked Vixen's voice actress there, thought she made a couple of lines interesting. Does she have a solo currently or appear anywhere regularly?
    That's Megalyn Echikunwoke an American actress

She does Vixen's voice for the animate Vixen series and the first episode of Freedom Fighters. She also played Vixen on the Arrow.

Here she does an impress whale attack..

Extraordinary Member

That's Megalyn Echikunwoke an American actress

She does Vixen's voice for the animate Vixen series and the first episode of Freedom Fighters. She also played Vixen on the Arrow.

Here she does an impress whale attack..
    Interesting. Like I said, she's very good.

Mighty Member

It was either issue #1 or #2 of the first reboot Supergirl run in the 2000s. Power Girl WAS stronger...but it wasn't natural, and it was short lived. IIRC, something again was mentally controlling Power Girl, and amping up beyond SG. which was noted by several of the characters. After that, PG went back to normal for her...which at the time also IIRC was a bit before she was retconned back to Kryptonian. Though I may be off on that last.

The two simply haven't gotten together much post COIE. The bit you mention at the start of the Supergirl series in the 2000s. My feeling is issue 1 or 2. And the Candor arc. And a couple of issues in the nu52 Supergirl.

As far as "better", well, I would agree, but I don't recall ever seeing SG say that. Though there was some mildly amusing nu52 SG noting that nu52 Power Girl could actually wear the Power Girl costume a lot better than she could.
    Power Girl is complicated, because her origin changed over time (If I remember right she was even considered to be Atlantean at some point or?)

But in terms of strength I think it was always clear that she is superior to Supergirl (if both are Kryptonians).

For being "better" I know 2 ocasions:

1 was SUPERGIRL #19 (Pre-Flashpoint) in this issue Supergirl talks again with all people who she met on Earth (including Power Girl) and she tries to apologise etc.
    2 I dont remeber exactly but I think it was NEW52 when Supergirl was thinking about her adventures and she called Power Girl her better self or so...
    It could have been when she was posioned.

For 1 I am not anymore sure how it was, but if I remember right Power Girl was here the "mature" one and Supergirl there tried to apologize and talk to her etc.

For 2 I am also not sure, but I am pretty sure that there was something said like "better version of me" or so...

Saying Shazam, gives Billy Batson the strength of Hercules, saying or thinking Rhinoceros beetle gives Vixen superhuman strength for as long as she wants it.

Let's not split hairs here sir. Its the same thing.
    Its still different for me:

With saying Shazam Billy becomes a different person who has this strength...Yes technically he uses Hercules strength etc., but the new body has this strength permamently or?
    AND he can use this strength together with flying etc.

Vixen instead remains in her body, uses the strength of an animal and can only use one animal at the same time or?

With saying Shazam Billy becomes a different person who has this strength...Yes technically he uses Hercules strength etc., but the new body has this strength permamently or?

Vixen instead remains in her body, uses the strength of an animal and can only use one animal at the same time or?
    He doesn't become a different person. His body changes, but his mind is still Billy. It's why he's often portrayed as more childish with the Adult body.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Just for the record, I'm not trying to make this into a secondary Vixen thread...hell, truth be told. I king of forgot why I brought her up...lol

Vixen is not Ultra Boy, she can use more then one animalability at a time.
    20200715_093345.jpg .
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-15-2020 at 07:38 AM.

BANNED

SHAZAM is DIFFERENT...

supergirl beat up lobo and surpassed him in strength by stating she faked losing to him in arm wrestling. PG gets raped by lobo feat wise and a john perry parody proves that.

So supergirl >= lobo > pg=/=superman depending on his best showingms

It's kind of a odd conversation. Power Girl is an older version of Supergirl...so if you say Supergirl is stronger, does that mean that as she gets older she loses power?

To me, I'm fine with PG being stronger...it just shows off the potential of a future Kara.

It's kind of a odd conversation. Power Girl is an older version of Supergirl...so if you say Supergirl is stronger, does that mean that as she gets older she loses power?

To me, I'm fine with PG being stronger...it just shows off the potential of a future Kara.
    Except...they are alternate world versions of each other, not exact duplicates. There are differences, as noted by the height, weight and build variances. This means one could be stronger than the other always, or just now or maybe they will even out down the road. There are differences between Supergirl and Power Girl---but these have always been there from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Except...they are alternate world versions of each other, not exact duplicates. There are differences, as noted by the height, weight and build variances. This means one could be stronger than the other always, or just now or maybe they will even out down the road. There are differences between Supergirl and Power Girl---but these have always been there from the beginning.
    Other then the obvious one. What are the differences? Height, weight and build variances can be contributed to the age difference...though that's gonna be one hell of a growth sprout for Kara.

Dang it, now I'm trying to guess, how old is Supergirl?