Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

My fav scene. Poor out a lil' liquor, not for Buddy- he was an ******* but for his super sweet 1969 Marquette Camero.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

One of my favourite 80s cartoons (but it does not hold up as well as the memories) -- Spiral Zone! This is the Rimfire, vehicle of the main hero, Dirk Courage. The other Zone Riders rode unicycle motorbikes.

rimfire.jpg
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ok, that was a pretty great commercial! Funnier than I thought it would be.

On a side note, I'm ashamed that I forgot about the Munsters' Koach. Sure, the Dragula was speedy, but as a kid watching those reruns, I thought the upper rear carriage was just about the coolest thing ever.

Munsters absolutely had the better family vehicles - the Munsters' Koach and Dragula were pure automotive eye-candy and wonderfully went with the tone of the show.
    Although I still preferred the Addams, who unfortunately never benefited from a Barris designed vehicle. They had a more generic (although elegant) vintage Packard, with a vulture ornament, which was funny, but pretty forgettable, and animated it was extended into their spooky traveling kooky home on wheels.

Yet creator Addams' (who was a car aficionado) had given them his own wickedly grim-dark "Black Maria" (a vintage goth paddy-wagon). Which seems the perfect "real world" macabre car for the Addams to enjoy (and ironically feel comfortable) driving around in.
    Unfortunately (as far as I know) it has yet to be used as their car in any animated or live action version.

Found a close visual approximation of what they could have used.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-24-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Billy Batson's Winnebago?
    Absolutely The SHAZAMobile deserves a shout out!
    And whatever that device was that helped summon the elders. LOL!

I was hoping these things would get hysterical nods in the new movie:
    Like if in the Wizard's lair, Billy sees that device in a corner, and the Wizard was like; "no...just ignore that, you don't need it, it's nothing!"
    And in the end one of the SHAZAIMLY kids (probably Darla) suggests; That now they should all drive across America in a Winnebago helping people. ;-P

What is funny is during the run of the 70s show, the Winnebago started appearing in the comics too, and Uncle Dudley started growing a mustache, looking and dressing a bit more like Mentor, to better reflect what was going on in the show.

Last edited by Güicho; 07-26-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Miss Jane's red convertible from The Beverly Hillbillies was a pretty nice ride.

He-Man's Attack Track, which was basically a GMC van with funky tank treads.

There are clips of the toy version in operation, and just to highlight its impracticality, it is incredibly loud from the tank treads constantly hitting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    My fav scene. Poor out a lil' liquor, not for Buddy- he was an ******* but for his super sweet 1969 Marquette Camero.

Love that movie. I forget that the college kid from the opening of Ghostbusters is in it- and forget that John Travolta ISN'T.

From the Tommy Lee Jones / Linda Hamilton thriller, "Black Mooon Rising" - the Black Moon:
    BlackMoon.jpg
    From what I recall, the whole movie was about this car, but I don't remember why... something about it being too fancy...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    From the Tommy Lee Jones / Linda Hamilton thriller, "Black Mooon Rising" - the Black Moon:

From what I recall, the whole movie was about this car, but I don't remember why... something about it being too fancy...
    The car could go as fast as 300 mph and used tap water as fuel. But it could also jump from skyscraper to skyscraper 3 decades before the Fast and the Furious did it.

Plus it used the same sound effects as KITT, so you know it's fancy.

This Wacky Race isn't over yet....

1966 - (Custom Barris Ford Model T

2016 - (Custom Vaydor frame Infiniti G35
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-27-2020 at 11:55 AM.

TXH 1138 - Lola T70 Mk III

Ford GT40 MkII

Ferrari 330 P3