Default Who should play Darth Plagueis if he is put on screen?

To me Ralph Fiennes is no doubt the best choice to fit the role. I really like the character in the Legends novel and wish to see him, that ending was just awesome.

The original EU had him as a Muun, the long-faced intergalactic banking clan aliens from the prequels.

However, I think in current canon his species is not identified. There's at least one fan theory that the Disney-canon Plaugueis might've been the King of Naboo prior to Padme.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Calling it now!
    Plagueis is Babu Frick's father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate of the Trooper who bumped his head 's great grandmother who was the babysitter who helped build D-O with little Plagueis who had his memory wiped and was actually Mace Windu's barber, subverting all expectations! And played by an emo-bi-jewish-handicapble-afro-filipino-trans actor.
    And if you don't love it you are a proven bigot!

Last edited by Güicho; 08-26-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Niffleheim

I don't want to see it. The Palpatine Saga needs to be ignored from here on end. If this is explored even this will become Palpatine's freaking story because of how he won against Plagueis in the end.

iMan 42s

I honestly don't think we should know that much about him or even his master or even his master's master. There's just something a lot scarier and mysterious about the Sith in this period that I think would be ruined even for a Palpatine origin story. Keep it mysterious I say and go to either future or past Sith if you have to but leave Plaugeis out of the films and keep the mystique.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Agreed. In my opinion, if Plagueis WASN'T Snoke in the sequel trilogy... we don't need to see/hear anymore about him. Let's just leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I honestly don't think we should know that much about him or even his master or even his master's master. There's just something a lot scarier and mysterious about the Sith in this period that I think would be ruined even for a Palpatine origin story. Keep it mysterious I say and go to either future or past Sith if you have to but leave Plaugeis out of the films and keep the mystique.
    Read the novel, it was amazing.

Bob Hoskins.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

charles dance especially as a muun

crghsam

I thought I knew my Star Wars but who on earth is Plagueis ?

In Revenge of the Sith, at an Opera, Palpatine tells Anakin the tale of Darth Plagueis the wise, a Sith Lord who was able to keep his friends from dying somehow, but was killed by his apprentice in his sleep. It's also implied he used Midichlorians to create life (Anakin) Later, when Palpatine reveals himself as Darth Sidious, it's generally implied that he was Plagueis's apprentice and with Anakin's help he can rediscover the Secret.

A novel was made further elaborating on the Plageuis/Sidious relationship (Revealing among other things that Plageuis was actually still around by the time of The Phantom Menace)., but it's now no longer canon.

He's also become sort of an internet meme along with a lot of prequel stuff the past few years.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-18-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth