Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Those shows and movies are not dceu and most folks want current dc films to be dceu films.
    Uh, what? Where are you getting that from?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Gotham wasn’t my jam, and at it times it felt like they were throwing in villains not for story but for bonafide fan service instead of actually having quality writing. Now it’s possible this show has Bat-villains but I don’t think they’ll play a role as much as they did in Gotham since this show seems to be more specifically about the GPD and the corruption internally. So the biggest bad guys this show will likely face is bad cops and the flawed system that enables them to abuse their power, so this already seems like a much more realistic show than the over-the-top goofiness of Gotham.
    I don't see the need for this show to be a Batman spinoff if it's going to be a run of the mill police procedural.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Only if we get a Superman movie in five years. Personally I am not that optimistic. I don't think we're going to get a new Superman movie until the 2030s.
    I think we will. If I remember correctly part of the deal with JJ Abrahams was he wanted to do a huge Superman film. I don't see him waiting a decade to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I think we will. If I remember correctly part of the deal with JJ Abrahams was he wanted to do a huge Superman film. I don't see him waiting a decade to do it.
    I thought they wanted him to do a Superman film and it fell through?

Incredible Member

I thought they wanted him to do a Superman film and it fell through?
    That was a few years ago (before Snyder, I think). The new Superman with him was rumored as part of his $500 million dollar production deal with WB signed last year. JJ is a huge Superman fan supposedly and a rumored part of the deal was that he gets to do a Superman movie.

That was a few years ago (before Snyder, I think). The new Superman with him was rumored as part of his $500 million dollar production deal with WB signed last year. JJ is a huge Superman fan supposedly and a rumored part of the deal was that he gets to do a Superman movie.
    Eh, I'm skeptical. If this was happening I don't believe that the show on CW would be happening at all. Even if he is a fan, WB obviously has no interest in it and talked him out of it.

Incredible Member

Eh, I'm skeptical. If this was happening I don't believe that the show on CW would be happening at all. Even if he is a fan, WB obviously has no interest in it and talked him out of it.
    Theres too much money that can be seen sitting on the table for Superman to be benched for a decade. Heck even at the height of the MCU when characters who were front and center in front of major audiences couldn't top his popularity. Its not too far fetched to think a good-great Superman film alone can generate close to $1.5 billion on the conservative side. There's no doubt wb knows this and won't leave him on the shelf for long. I do think they are taking more care to get the right director because while Snyder did a beautiful job with cinematography the story left much of the major audience in a bad way. The next Superman has to blow audiences away or the newer generation could be turned off from him. Very few directors can handle Superman and I think Abrams is one of them.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 07-11-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Wonder if this means Titans and Batwoman will be hobbled with which villains and storylines they are allowed to use.
    This will mostly affect Batwoman of course, since it's also set in Gotham, but since that show no longer has the comics accurate lead it's already going to struggle anyway IMO.

I'm not really invested in seeing another Gordon show, but I'll wait for reviews, it might be really good, so it's on my radar for now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Wonder if this means Titans and Batwoman will be hobbled with which villains and storylines they are allowed to use.
    This will mostly affect Batwoman of course, since it's also set in Gotham, but since that show no longer has the comics accurate lead it's already going to struggle anyway IMO.

I'm not really invested in seeing another Gordon show, but I'll wait for reviews, it might be really good, so it's on my radar for now.
    Batwoman can make up their own villains to go along with their OC lead.

Theres too much money that can be seen sitting on the table for Superman to be benched for a decade. Heck even at the height of the MCU when characters who were front and center in front of major audiences couldn't top his popularity. Its not too far fetched to think a good-great Superman film alone can generate close to $1.5 billion on the conservative side. There's no doubt wb knows this and won't leave him on the shelf for long. I do think they are taking more care to get the right director because while Snyder did a beautiful job with cinematography the story left much of the major audience in a bad way. The next Superman has to blow audiences away or the newer generation could be turned off from him. Very few directors can handle Superman and I think Abrams is one of them.
    Well, you have more faith than I. I just can't get past feeling the new show is the tombstone on the grave of Superman's film career for a long while.

Why does JJ Abrams keep getting hired in Hollywood. He wrecked Star Trek and Star Wars. His TV Shows all jump the shark after two seasons. He is an emperor has no cloths director.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

God damn it WB. Just get the movie made first and see how that goes before jumping two steps ahead like you always do you morons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    God damn it WB. Just get the movie made first and see how that goes before jumping two steps ahead like you always do you morons.
    Truthfully I'm more okay with the announcement than I normally would be and its because of the people who will be doing it. Matt Reeves is a good director and Terence Winter has a very good body of work on his resume as a writer and producer with the Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire just to name a few. The more I've gotten in to movies and researched the behind the scenes details of making a good movie the common theme on quality revolves around directors and writers. A director or writer normally have the same issues in most cinematic work that they do. For instance Zack Snyder is great a cinematography but he is lackluster at pacing and writing screenplays. The same issues he had in 300 were the same issues he had in watchman, man of steel, and BvS. Christopher Nolan may not be as good at cinematography but he is good at pacing and screenplays which was seen in Inception and Batman. Once you start looking at whose behind the title you can really get a pretty good idea of the cinematic quality that you're going to get unless its a new comer than only time will tell.

Also, I think people need to also realize that all of these movie studios are in a race to get the most and best exclusive content which involves locking down directors, writers, and actors. So far imo WB is winning in that race. Locking major deals with the major directors like JJ Abrams, Christopher Nolan, Matt Reeves, as well as a lot more ( WB seems to be making deals each week). The Snyder cut wasn't just fan politics, they wanted to make Zack happy because he is the best cinematographer in Hollywood right now, they'd be stupid to let Disney, Amazon, or Apple get him.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 07-12-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Why does JJ Abrams keep getting hired in Hollywood. He wrecked Star Trek and Star Wars. His TV Shows all jump the shark after two seasons. He is an emperor has no cloths director.
    The Force Awakens and the first Star Trek were largely good, fan nostalgia affairs, and I think Superman needs that now.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If Terence Winter and Matt Reeves are both involved in running this show, it will be great regardless of what the plot ends up being.

I just hope it's not another show about cops.