Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Your oddball casting choice for a comic book movie....

I was watching Heroes on the Collider Youtube channel and they were talking about Nic Cage wants to do another superhero movie. Jason Inam said he would not like to see him as a hero but as a villain he could be awesome. I had never thought of that before but it really got me thinking about what role would be great for a nutjob like Cage. A good oddball choice would be the Jackal the main baddie from the Spider Man clone saga.

What weird combo of actor and character do you think could be great in a movie.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor?

Okay, okay. Nicholas Cage actually was born Nicholas Coppola but decided to not capitalize on the fame of Francis Ford Coppola but instead took the last name of his favorite comic book character: Luke Cage. He has said his one regret is that, if they ever did a live action version of Luke Cage, he obviously could not play the character. But that would be oddball casting.

I vote for Jackie Gleason as the Punisher. Sure Jackie is long dead but I think it's time that, through CGI, he expanded beyond Sheriff Buford T. Justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buford_T._Justice
    Power with Girl is better.

Fantastic Member

my suggestions
    Shah Rukh Khan as R'as Al'Ghul
    Jesse Williams as Scott Free

Adam Driver for Superman.

Dude's a wonderful actor. The most important requirement according to me. He has comedic timing. (While Superman is not a comedic character i think bits of comedy here and there is needed to take him seriously). SNL sketch.

He needs to put some work in his physique. Though he has some of that already. Looking at The Last Jedi. I was reading an article on suggestions on Superman actors. And Adam Driver seemed a pretty good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    my suggestions
    Shah Rukh Khan as R'as Al'Ghul
    Jesse Williams as Scott Free
    Wait Shah Rukh Khan as R'as Al'Ghul? I would love to see that. The only roadblock in my imagination is that he has not played a villain since decades. Unless one counts Fan which i haven't watched. He was great in villainous roles.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-23-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Jeremy Jordan as Nightwing. He said he would like to play a superhero and he would be what an older Robin would probably look and sound like.

Adrien Brody as Batman
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Gerald Butler - Kraven the Hunter
    Sanequa martin-green -Storm
    Bullseye Steven Ogg
    The Question Hugo Weaving
    Adam Warlock Luke Evans
    Namor Daniel Dae Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Dude's a wonderful actor. The most important requirement according to me. He has comedic timing. (While Superman is not a comedic character i think bits of comedy here and there is needed to take him seriously). SNL sketch.

He needs to put some work in his physique. Though he has some of that already. Looking at The Last Jedi. I was reading an article on suggestions on Superman actors. And Adam Driver seemed a pretty good choice.
    Gah, I wouldn't want Adam Driver as Superman, but then again, saying that goes against the spirit of the thread. So with that said, I very much agree that he's a great actor with great timing (comedic, dramatic, and other); as for his physique in Girls and in other movies, he was already pretty ripped (not as wide as in TLJ, but definitely leaner and more chiseled). Plus, he's an ex-marine and he knows a good workout routine when he sees one -- in terms of physique, I imagine he'd be a cross between Cavill and Reeve in that regard, probably closer to Routh.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Dude's a wonderful actor. The most important requirement according to me. He has comedic timing. (While Superman is not a comedic character i think bits of comedy here and there is needed to take him seriously).
    Pretty good call, I think. Christopher Reeve brought quite a bit of comedic timing to the role, and expression. Its easy to overlook how important that was to making his acting as Superman so enjoyable.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Tommy Wiseau has stated he wants to direct Fant4stic 2 but with that out of the picture why not fire Matt Reeves and give him The Batman?

Just imagine The Batman written by, directed by, and starring Tommy Wiseau as Batman AND Joker. Greg Sestero can guest-star as Nightwing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Tommy Wiseau has stated he wants to direct Fant4stic 2 but with that out of the picture why not fire Matt Reeves and give him The Batman?

Just imagine The Batman written by, directed by, and starring Tommy Wiseau as Batman AND Joker. Greg Sestero can guest-star as Nightwing!
    Lol i wanna see the making of that film not so much the film itself.

Boisterously Confused

Michael Cera as The Hulk! I've enjoyed Ruffalo's performance, but his physique is just too hard to sell as Puny Banner.

I know its probably not as 'oddball' as some but Hartley Sawyer as Plastic Man or Mr Fantastic ( He's already Elongated Man afterall)

Crispin Glover really should be a comic book villain in a movie. He practically is one in real life anyway.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Okay this all stems from a single photo I seen that a photo manip of Wiliam defoe as a joker and literally i did this list in like two minutes lol

The Dark Knight returns Live action
    William Defoe as The Joker (seen a photoshop manip of him as joker and know hes old so I think he would make a great old man joker)
    Micky Rooney as Batman (Remembering him as Marv in sin city and the ridiculous proportions of Batman in those comics I think he would fit that spot beautifully.)
    Miley Bobbi Brown (11 from Stranger things) as Carrie Kelley/Robin
    Karl reiner as Alfred