Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I'm also worried about the portrayals. I'm not feeling world-weary white cops anymore. We got to see that in, well, Gotham recently. Harvey and Jim. Center some different people, racial minorities in Gotham's world.

The jim gordan in this batman universe is black.
    Remember this new show will be in same universe as the new upcoming batman movie.

BANNED

Since Disney now owns Fox, can we assume HBO is the sure bet?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Gotham Central had a good cast of characters, so if this utilizes them it has the potential to be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    A Batman led show with no Batman in it is a waste of time. WB needs to stop this crap and allow Batman on TV. The merry-go-rounding about Batman on the small screen is becoming beyond annoying.
    You realize why though - they don't want him on the small screen, he's the big screen draw. But he has such a wide world you can put some of it on the small screen and have it do well just for the Batman connection.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I'm okay with a Gotham type tv show, because Gotham is rich with stories outside of Batman but I will agree about the merry go rounding. They not only do that crap with Batman but almost all the dc characters and it is quite annoying. If they are okay with a multiverse setup than why should it matter if there is a Batman on tv vs a Batman in film?

Remember on arrow when they would no longer all Deathstroke to appear because of the JL movie or when Superman in full costume was forbidden in Smallville? Not to mention the rumors that the cw flash will end when the film is made because wb/dc doesn't like having the character to be in film and on tv at the same time
    Don't forget a recent example - Superman is now getting a show because they have no confidence in giving him a movie again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't see DC bringing in a Fiege figure, its unnecessary. DC does and should not have one person handling all their projects.

Its destroying creativity and has created a poor
    formula for movies.

Matt Reeves Batman is a stand alone series. What DC has is a multiverse.
    You wrong by the way.
    Anyway the one reason dc is doing it another way because they have a hard time doing what the competition has done.
    There are folks who saying they want it done more the marvel way since it's the best proven way and clearly most people don't agree with your view.
    So far dc is finding more of they own way and what works for marvel is not going to work or work as well for dc.

Here is some some other views and talk about the dc multiverse below.

Batman Beyond Movie? Kind of, Michael Keaton for DCEU Batgirl

bombus467 quote-
    I just don't understand why DC is having such a hard time at this. I'm completely lost as to what's going on at this point.

Jonathan Ramirez quote-
    They really can't stand being way behind marvel but still they're constantly ruining their progress is so frustrating
    Also throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks while crossing fingers.

Pratik Gaikwad quote-
    @GlareBox Lol

Tue Sorensen quote-
    DC/Warner has never really liked superheroes. Never really known what to do with them. Never considered them cool, or artistic. And in any case, the DC heroes only continue to exist because they're riding Marvel's coat-tails. It's been like that since Marvel began in the 60s, and it's like that for the movies as well. Without Marvel, DC would have self-destructed a long time ago.

@GlareBox
    @Tue Sorensen In that case, maybe DC is better off under a studio that genuinely wants to build a shared universe -
    like Universal.
    Also, if WB really cared about DC they would have found a producer by now who also happens to understand and respect comics (like Kevin Feige). For whatever reason, they still haven't got that person, so that shows the level of their ambitions.

bombus467 quote-
    First off: multiverse "You keep using that word, DC. I don't think it means what you think it means." Injustice used the multiverse; you had a singular Batman, a singular Superman, a singular Wonder Woman, etc. who maybe had a difference in costume or moral alignment, history or something like that. That makes sense. But them talking about the Flash (from the Snyderverse) running over into the Burton movies, while we have Pattinson playing a completely different Batman/Bruce Wayne in some other movies, with Affleck coming back to play his in another movie......this seems completely opposite of them finally wanting to bring the 'DCEU proper' back. Why not have Flash run into the Nolan universe while you're at it? Heck why not the Adam West universe? Why not the animated series too? They're saying multiverse when what I think they mean is 'movieverse'. You wanna make a movie where The Flash is basically running through the WB's superhero catalogue like it's a theme park or a museum. That sounds absolutely ridiculous, and makes NO scientific or logical sense! At this point I'm just waiting on the news headline "WB/DC admits they have absolutely no idea what to do with their DC franchise characters."

Louis Wilson quote-
    We are all lost as too what WB is doing.

WHY Cant the DCEU keep up with the MCU in MOST Cases

Every Marvel movie is a different genre, and that's why the MCU works ...
    https://www.gamesradar.com/every-mar...why-mcu-works/

DC Finally Embraces Its Role As The Anti-MCU
    https://screenrant.com/dc-movies-sha...ferent-reason/

Why The Future Of DCEU Movies Looks Brighter Than Ever (Updated)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6568196a5cc6
    Last edited by mace11; 07-11-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Don't forget a recent example - Superman is now getting a show because they have no confidence in giving him a movie again.
    I honestly don't understand why the cw show is being made. I understand that at the height of the MCU kids loved Captain America and Iron man and Superman was easily overshadowed but now that their runs have ended their popularity will go down most likely unless Marvel can find a good way to keep these characters at the forefront as kids have over the decades naturally liked Superman more. Heck even with the MCU popularity Superman still was the top or within the top 3 most popular heroes each year over the past decade. Seems like a mistake to not be planning a Superman film within the next few years. I don't think that the cw show has staying power because we have seen that wb/dc don't like their big characters on tv and film at the same time, which imo puts this show on the chopping block within 5 years.

Astonishing Member

If this is more like the Wire, and less like Gotham then I’m game. If it’s basically Gotham with a bigger budget than I’m out. Thankfully, I’m more than certain that this show will be more the latter as we have both Matt Reeves and Terence Winter(who wrote The Sopranos, and Broadwalk Empire).
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    You wrong by the way.
    Anyway the one reason dc is doing it another way because they have a hard time doing what the competition has done.
    There are folks who saying they want it done more the marvel way since it's the best proven way and clearly most people don't agree with your view.
    So far dc is finding more of they own way and what works for marvel is not going to work or work as well for dc.

Here is some some other views and talk about the dc multiverse below.

Batman Beyond Movie? Kind of, Michael Keaton for DCEU Batgirl

WHY Cant the DCEU keep up with the MCU in MOST Cases

Every Marvel movie is a different genre, and that's why the MCU works ...
    https://www.gamesradar.com/every-mar...why-mcu-works/

DC Finally Embraces Its Role As The Anti-MCU
    https://screenrant.com/dc-movies-sha...ferent-reason/

Why The Future Of DCEU Movies Looks Brighter Than Ever (Updated)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6568196a5cc6
    Before a person like Fiege existed. DC had

Batman 89
    Batman returns
    Batman Forever
    Batman and Robin

Superman 1
    Superman 2
    Superman 3
    Superman 4

Batman Begins
    Batman TDK
    Batman TDKR

Smallville

Superman TAS
    Batman TAS
    JL TAS
    Various DC animated films

They created a TV Universe-Arrowverse
    Gotham

They had a DCEU

Joker

DC has been doing fine, they don't need a Fiege figure to head every DC Media and yes, it does hurt creativity because if that was the case, DC CW TV, TDK Trilogy and their animated film may have looked different for the worse. Everyone one of this DC movie or tv I mentioned are pretty much their own entity, which raises and gives more credibility to their quality or lack thereof.

We are already fishy about this new Batman show because again, no batman in it. its not about them DC trying to be like marvel or getting a Fiege.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-11-2020 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If this is more like the Wire, and less like Gotham then I’m game. If it’s basically Gotham with a bigger budget than I’m out. Thankfully, I’m more than certain that this show will be more the latter as we have both Matt Reeves and Terence Winter(who wrote The Sopranos, and Broadwalk Empire).
    I hate to say this but its common, I don't think Reeves will be that involved. This smells like Gifted and Agents of Shield all over again.

I am quite disappointed that DC wants to use this gimmick of trying to link movies and tv.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If it's anything like Gotham I'm in. If this show doesn't use Batman's villains than where's the interest?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Before a person like Fiege existed. DC had

Batman 89
    Batman returns
    Batman Forever
    Batman and Robin

Superman 1
    Superman 2
    Superman 3
    Superman 4

Batman Begins
    Batman TDK
    Batman TDKR

Smallville

Superman TAS
    Batman TAS
    JL TAS
    Various DC animated films

They created a TV Universe-Arrowverse
    Gotham

They had a DCEU

Joker

DC has been doing fine, they don't need a Fiege figure to head every DC Media and yes, it does hurt creativity because if that was the case, DC CW TV, TDK Trilogy and their animated film may have looked different for the worse. Everyone one of this DC movie or tv I mentioned are pretty much their own entity, which raises and gives more credibility to their quality or lack thereof.

We are already fishy about this new Batman show because again, no batman in it. its not about them DC trying to be like marvel or getting a Fiege.
    Those shows and movies are not dceu and most folks want current dc films to be dceu films.
    Now because of the recent arrowverse crossover some of them are connected to the dceu but we talking current live action dc films,so don't change the subject.

He has been around before the mcu and some of the shows and movies you have mention from dc.

It's not about hurting creativity(it does not in the comics and mcu)so stop with that excuse.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-11-2020 at 01:57 PM.

BANNED

If this is more like the Wire, and less like Gotham then I’m game. If it’s basically Gotham with a bigger budget than I’m out..
    It cannot be the Wire, the wire may require Batman to be in it.

Thankfully, I’m more than certain that this show will be more the latter as we have both Matt Reeves and Terence Winter(who wrote The Sopranos, and Broadwalk Empire)
    Bravo!

I already said something in the same lines , however I used breaking bad not sopranos or boardwalk empire but still you get where i am coming from with inspirations. I think if Matt is really heavily involved and its on HBO then it will aline more with Breaking bad and sopranos , which will not just be fantastic for batman but fantastic for comic book television.

This is where the show can succeed in some places Gotham didn't.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-11-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If it's anything like Gotham I'm in. If this show doesn't use Batman's villains than where's the interest?
    Gotham wasn’t my jam, and at it times it felt like they were throwing in villains not for story but for bonafide fan service instead of actually having quality writing. Now it’s possible this show has Bat-villains but I don’t think they’ll play a role as much as they did in Gotham since this show seems to be more specifically about the GPD and the corruption internally. So the biggest bad guys this show will likely face is bad cops and the flawed system that enables them to abuse their power, so this already seems like a much more realistic show than the over-the-top goofiness of Gotham.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I honestly don't understand why the cw show is being made. I understand that at the height of the MCU kids loved Captain America and Iron man and Superman was easily overshadowed but now that their runs have ended their popularity will go down most likely unless Marvel can find a good way to keep these characters at the forefront as kids have over the decades naturally liked Superman more. Heck even with the MCU popularity Superman still was the top or within the top 3 most popular heroes each year over the past decade. Seems like a mistake to not be planning a Superman film within the next few years. I don't think that the cw show has staying power because we have seen that wb/dc don't like their big characters on tv and film at the same time, which imo puts this show on the chopping block within 5 years.
    Only if we get a Superman movie in five years. Personally I am not that optimistic. I don't think we're going to get a new Superman movie until the 2030s.