Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Batwoman can make up their own villains to go along with their OC lead.
    Hah! Call me cynical, but I don't expect their OC villains to be very good then.

Anyway, if this series is set in Gotham and a spin-off of The Batman. What, are we just not going to see Batman, except in the films?
    So is it another prequel, or is he on vacation when the show is set? I'd be surprised if they put Batman in it, then it'd be a Batman show and not a spin-off.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 07-12-2020 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Back on topic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If Terence Winter and Matt Reeves are both involved in running this show, it will be great regardless of what the plot ends up being.

I just hope it's not another show about cops.
    I think it may be about GPD but at the end of the day Batman's rogue gallery is freaking huge that they can just pull from some if the lesser known villians. Kind of like BoP had black mask and HQ animated series dug up Kite man. This actually may be a good thing because there are a lot of villians from the rogue gallery who haven't been seen in the comics in a long term and could get a modern update and possibly better characterization. There's quite a bit of freedom that this show has tbh.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 07-12-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Simple.

More Gotham Central less Gotham.
    Greg Rucka talks about writing Gotham Central starts 39:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t2WT6VZZSI

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I hope they use JOSIE MAC on this show.

JosieMac.jpg

Extraordinary Member

The Batman: Gotham PD Series Has 'Evolved' to Become an Arkham 'Haunted House' Story
    The Batman director Matt Reeves has said that the spin-off series focused on the Gotham police department has "evolved" into a series focused on Arkham Asylum, and compared it to a horror movie or haunted house story.

The spin-off series, which has never been formally named, was announced in 2020, and was subsequently said to focus on Jeffrey Wright's Jim Gordon. However, it seems have plans have changed – Matt Reeves spoke to YouTube channel The Cyber Nerds, and suggested the show will now focus on a different part of Gotham's history:

"The GCDP thing, that story has story has kind of evolved. We’ve actually now [moved] more into the realm of exactly what would happen in the world of Arkham as it relates coming off of our movie, and some of the characters, again in their origins [...] It’s like a horror movie or a haunted house that is Arkham.

"Again, the way that Gotham is a character in the movie, I really want Arkham to exist as a character, so that you go into this environment and encounter these characters in a way that feels really fresh. And so in our work on Gotham, that story started to evolve, and it started feeling like, ‘Wait, we should really lean into this.' And that’s kind of where that’s gone.”

It's not totally clear if Reeves is saying that the entire premise of the show has shifted, or if this will still be a show about policing in Gotham, but with more of a focus on Arkham and its inmates.

It's possible that this shift comes down the to the show's change in showrunner. Originally, Terence Winter was set to take the reins on the project, but left due to reported creative differences. Subsequently, Joe Barton (Giri/Haji, The Ritual) stepped in to executive produce and showrun.

BANNED

Looks like HBO is confused on what to make out of a show from the film, reason I rather just have them focus on movies. Also how much will Matt Reeves be involved? he may direct and co-write the first episode than just leave.

Furthermore an Arkham horror story with no Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy as I know this characters will be saved more for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Looks like HBO is confused on what to make out of a show from the film, reason I rather just have them focus on movies. Also how much will Matt Reeves be involved? he may direct and co-write the first episode than just leave.

Furthermore an Arkham horror story with no Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy as I know this characters will be saved more for the film.
    Unless there is a time jump...

It will be set in the aftermath of a second year where we know the Joker does not exist and we have almost no reason to believe that Harley Quinn exists.