Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    T'challa DID adress this fact when Namor came to him offering peace just before wakanda attacked atlantis. He stated that they were giants and those under them would be harmed. tha's why he tried to ease the situation and went to shuri asking for peace. Namor just keeps taking things to another level.
    Yes, that panel was posted a while back. But Shuri rejected that path and attacked instead. Both sides are locked in these escalating hostilities. It could have stopped had both sides been forced to come to the table and negotiate. Gaza strip was mentioned by Mr. MajestiK and that is a pretty close RW analogy. Israel seems to have the upper hand and Hamas has had more casualties on their side but it hasn't stopped them from trying to retaliate and try to put more notches on the side of the score.

My point is that both with the incursions and Wakanda/Atlantis mutual destruction, no one is trying trying to find another way out.

There was a time in comics when this problem would have been solved in an issue by say Thor and Odin powering up Mjolnir to teleport Earth somewhere else. Or at least they would have tried. But then they would have had to know there was a problem ...

Just think if Jor-El had the same fatalism and decided not to send someone, anyone, away from the planet so that his race would have at least one survivor ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    See I kind of think the Rider was hoping to goad the Illuminati into attacking, thinking that with Sun God on their side (and having no idea just how powerful the Illuminati, especially Strange, Namor, Blackagon and Hulk) are that the GS would easily win, then he would take the burden of responsibility himself and use the bomb against Earth-616. Not that we'll ever know. And anyway, is it any better to let both worlds die (murder-suicide) than to sacrifice one's own or to kill the other? A rhetorical question perhaps, but a worthy and challenging one.
    I think it's been played to look like these were great men and that it's tragic that the Illuminati had to kill them, but I think you're on to something. They may not have been as innocent as we assume they would be. All of them weren't killed though right? The green lantern one didn't get killed by Strange right?

In the Marvel 616 Universe, just like in the movie Dr. Strangelove, I am sure there are contingency plans to send rockets away at a moments notice should be planet be threatened with imminent destruction, if only some alert were given. These ships I am sure would be filled with a suitable ratio of men to women to ensure a return to the same level of GNP within say 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I think it's been played to look like these were great men and that it's tragic that the Illuminati had to kill them, but I think you're on to something. They may not have been as innocent as we assume they would be. All of them weren't killed though right? The green lantern one didn't get killed by Strange right?
    Spectrum . . . yeah, I'm not sure what happened to her. Black Bolt went after her so she might still be alive on the 616, or King Blackagon's hands might be bloody too after that last incursion.

I felt incredibly sad for the Sun God. That was messed up. I still wonder what they did that they didn't want to speak about?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla90210 View Post
    Simply claiming "time isn't linear" doesn't hold much water when you have a storyline that involves time being linear. Captain America travels forward in the future from a specific point -- betrayal + x number of years. Hickman (and a lot of science fiction writers, to be fair) introduce concepts like this but never really think out how it would work. What does it mean for time not to be linear? Hickman never really tells us, probably because there is no good answer, at least within the confines of his storyline.
    Or maybe time is not linear instead of being a "tree" with multiple branches representing the numerious alternate timelines. And then there is Heisenbergs' Law of Uncertainty and we don't know how it truly affect the past, the present and the future!