Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Stegman has been on fire since he started Venom, I'm looking forward to this at the very least looking great. And I really hope the build-up to this fight against Knull is worth it, because we've had this GOD IS COMING floating over our heads for three years already. I hope we only get a mini called X-Men: King in Black so it doesn't hijack any ongoing. Considering the threat Knull represents, not having the X-Men participating would feel kind of stupid.

He was once defeated by Thor alone. I mean, they sure find a way to make it a hell of a lot more powerful, just like Carnage went on to have Hulk-level in Absolute Carnage, but he's not such a powerful enemy either.

Even if he were, he's not very interesting either. He is just a dark god and wants to destroy everything. We've already had those.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He was once defeated by Thor alone. I mean, they sure find a way to make it a hell of a lot more powerful, just like Carnage went on to have Hulk-level in Absolute Carnage, but he's not such a powerful enemy either.

Even if he were, he's not very interesting either. He is just a dark god and wants to destroy everything. We've already had those.
    Well yes, but Thor has some instances of being actually competent. The thing with Knull is that this dude was killing gods at the beginning of the universe and then he got defeated and is probably at the peak of his powers currently. I do agree that he's not interesting as a character, but this whole thing is probably just Cates trying to create a cool battle with characters he likes and an edgy villain. That's fine sometimes.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=93510274

By Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman, you can see Cyclops and Wolverine in the cover.

It seems that the God of the Symbiotes is going to attack the Earth and Krakoa is also going to be affected along with the Avengers.
    Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Dang, they really didn’t put a single woman or POC on that cover. I see you Marvel
    Apparently it's called "preference."

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    That's the thing about a lot of systemic issues, a lot of times they're deeply imbedded and unintentional, but still have the added effect of excluding some pretty obvious people. It can be very off-putting, however, to be a part of those groups and have people discuss how they didn't think to include people like you. It's stuff like that that perpetuates the lack of women and POC in stories, and creates a vicious cycle. I'm not interested in stories as much if women aren't promoted as being included, because I've had enough 'sausage fest' stories. I'm not saying it won't be a good story, because it can be, but at the same time, I don't think quality would be lost by including Storm, Jean, or Rogue on the cover.

Also, just to clarify as not to offend, I'm talking about the industry and not your comment specifically!
    My physical response to the cover was an eye roll.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well yes, but Thor has some instances of being actually competent. The thing with Knull is that this dude was killing gods at the beginning of the universe and then he got defeated and is probably at the peak of his powers currently. I do agree that he's not interesting as a character, but this whole thing is probably just Cates trying to create a cool battle with characters he likes and an edgy villain. That's fine sometimes.

I'll ask isn't Knull like a carbon copy of Amatsu-Mikaboshi aka the Chaos King except also being the God of the symbiote because that's what I've been getting from him. Plus
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 07-11-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi, The Void and Knull are interchangeable.

You could do a retcon to say that they are the same entity and I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Thor's Black Winter either.

(Knull means **** in Swedish. I can never take the character Knull seriously. )

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    (Knull means **** in Swedish. I can never take the character Knull seriously. )
    I wonder if he would said that he would "Knull" the earth and Eddie can't do nothing to stop him .

Anyway, Knull is fine for me, he is not exactly a fascinating, but he does.the job of giving Venom a threatning foe, his rogue gallery still needs more work thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I am not a Fan of Venom nor do I think Venom and this Symbiote God Knull are interesting Characters. I thought it was Bad enough we had multiple Spider-Men Running around in the same Universe. Then we had Multiple Venoms. *sigh* and now there’s a God.

Based upon how I feel about Venom and Knull this Cover does not appeal to me or make me WANT to read this Event. Look at the people on the cover it screams at least to me an “Avengers Event”. We have Marvel’s Trinity which are the 3 Avengers (Hulk, Ironman, Captain America). We have the 2 Cash Cows(Spider-Man and Wolverine). And just to put appease the minorities let’s throw in 1 Mutant(Cylops).

Based upon the characters in this cover makes me not want to give this try. Do better Marvel.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-11-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I am not a Fan of Venom nor do I think Venom and this Symbiote God Knull are interesting Characters. I thought it was Bad enough we had multiple Spider-Men Running around in the same Universe. Then we had Multiple Venoms. *sigh* and now there’s a God.

Based upon how I feel about Venom and Knull this Cover does not appeal to me or make me WANT to read this Event. Look at the people on the cover it screams at least to me an “Avengers Event”. We have Marvel’s Trinity which are the 3 Avengers (Hulk, Ironman, Captain America). We have the 2 Cash Cows(Spider-Man and Wolverine). And just to put appease the minorities let’s throw in 1 Mutant(Cylops).

Based upon the characters in this cover makes me not want to give this try. Do better Marvel.
    Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As Well.
    Not knocking those who are looking forward to this but this is not for men/woman of culture.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I dare say that half the characters on that cover will have almost zero influence in the actual event.
    Probably. But it’s got Wolverine and Cyclops plus good art, so I’m buying it. I’m one of those cissor white males that everyone is always going on about, so I’m easy. Hope they put some females and POC in here for everyone. Seriously. That would be welcome. Jean, Storm, maybe Bishop and Jubilee.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-11-2020 at 02:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As Well.
    Not knocking those who are looking forward to this but this is not for men/woman of culture.
    And that’s fine. Not for everyone.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Technically, Thor defeated an avatar of Knull, specifically the Grendel symbiote dragon Knull was exerting his will through. When Thor's divine lightning struck the Grendel, it severed Knull's psychic connection to the symbiotes he'd created, enabling them to be "corrupted" by human concepts of morality and justice that led to them turning on and imprisoning Knull within their biomass, which they formed into a planet. That said, I can understand (and generally agree with) the points raised here about who Marvel is (once again) putting at --- or excluding from --- the forefront of its latest major event.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Probably. But it’s got Wolverine and Cyclops plus good art, so I’m buying it. I’m one of those cissor white males that everyone is always going on about, so I’m easy. Hope they put some females and POC in here for everyone. Seriously. That would be welcome. Jean, Storm, maybe Bishop and Jubilee.
    Cyclops is my favorite Marvel character, but events just don't work for me. I don't even care for Venom.

Oh, see I like Venom too. So that makes it an easy sell for me.

Honestly, if you don't care for Venom, i doubt that this story is for you. When i read Absolute Carnage (plus the Venom and ASM tie-ins), the guest heroes didn't really do much, they weren't written badly or anything, but they were there to give a sense of scale to the whole thing, i assume that the X-Men would have a mini but is likely that Cates isn't the one writting it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona