Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He is a huge fan of dark and edgy 90's comics. I don't think it's malicious but you can tell that women are practically non-existent in his stories.
    he made Carol flirt from nowhere with Eddie, that was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He is a huge fan of dark and edgy 90's comics. I don't think it's malicious but you can tell that women are practically non-existent in his stories.
    Oh that, yeah that's true, only Sif in his Thor run comes to mind regarding female characthers. I also don't think that he is being malicious either, is just his preference.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he made Carol flirt from nowhere with Eddie, that was bad.
    It wasn't so much flirting as just commenting on how attractive he was...which was pretty out-of-character, especially when it came from the two women who were also in committed relationships (although I have no idea if She-Hulk and Thor is still a thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh that, yeah that's true, only Sif in his Thor run comes to mind regarding female characthers. I also don't think that he is being malicious either, is just his preference.
    Yeah, I also don't think the characters on the cover was a deliberate attempt to exclude women or POC heroes, just putting in some major and recognizable Marvel names who are involved in the crossover.

Exactly, I don't think it's a conscious thing on his part and he just picks the characters he likes the most (He already mentioned that Logan and Cyclops are his favorite X-Men ever) but an editor should make him reconsider.

In Absolute Carnage that was already a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wasn't so much flirting as just commenting on how attractive he was...which was pretty out-of-character, especially when it came from the two women who were also in committed relationships (although I have no idea if She-Hulk and Thor is still a thing).

Yeah, I also don't think the characters on the cover was a deliberate attempt to exclude women or POC heroes, just putting in some major and recognizable Marvel names who are involved in the crossover.
    Carol and Rhodes are still a thing?

Also i can't remember what most of the other heroes did in Absolute Carnage, except Spider-Man (who was to my surprise very well written).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Might be that he is better at writing Male characters then Female ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Dang, they really didn’t put a single woman or POC on that cover. I see you Marvel
    Yeah, not happy with this art.

Also i can't remember what most of the other heroes did in Absolute Carnage, except Spider-Man (who was to my surprise very well written).
    They had to destroy something (I don't remember what) and protect Dylan. There was also Bruce Banner.

I’m typically supportive of writers using whatever characters they like or feel are best suited for their story, and if that happens to exclude women and POC then I won’t hold it against them, as long as there are not bad intentions behind it.

He says every X-Men team will be involved:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1281672036578779136

Fantastic Member

That's the thing about a lot of systemic issues, a lot of times they're deeply imbedded and unintentional, but still have the added effect of excluding some pretty obvious people. It can be very off-putting, however, to be a part of those groups and have people discuss how they didn't think to include people like you. It's stuff like that that perpetuates the lack of women and POC in stories, and creates a vicious cycle. I'm not interested in stories as much if women aren't promoted as being included, because I've had enough 'sausage fest' stories. I'm not saying it won't be a good story, because it can be, but at the same time, I don't think quality would be lost by including Storm, Jean, or Rogue on the cover.

Also, just to clarify as not to offend, I'm talking about the industry and not your comment specifically!

It would not have been very difficult to replace Iron Man or Cap with Captain Marvel and Cyclops or Logan with Storm.

Or Hulk with She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    He says every X-Men team will be involved:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1281672036578779136
    Sounds good to me.

Love what Cates is doing on Thor so i will gladly give this a try.

of course carol and rhodes are a thing, they still dating.

but writers doesn't respect black male characters nor female characters

Both couples still exist. Eddie is not even Carol type, so that was really bad.