Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Ewing always has the most random line ups but it works for him frankly! New Avengers was weird but lovable, Ultimates too, and his current Guardians of the Galaxy. I was really hoping for Blink so I'm kind of disappointed...

Kind of shocked to see Mags then again other than X-Men and cameo council appearances it's not like he's doing much. Ooh since their preview mission was saving Hulkling this could be juicy.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Pretty sure that's Schiti, not Larraz.

Everybody keeps saying that's Banshee, and it could be, but that character looks blond to me, could be Christian Frost, the costume looks more his style and he has a UFO.

Fantastic Member

that's supposed to be Banshee?

that line up honestly is .... yuck. other than Banshee if it's him.

never been invested in Brand. Wiz Kid? Meh. Why is Kid Cable getting so much spotlight? Meh.

Frenzy was pitched to white in a book so there's some good chances its frenzy on the cover

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...661486592?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    unless the brunette is frenzy or laura that line up does nothing to me. especially with kid cable
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Banshee, kid cable, Manafold(but colored badly), wiz kid, and either frenzy/Cypher/Cecelia Reyes but colored badly or they took lauras just required wolverine mantle away and gave her dread locks.
    Laura? I don't see any resemblance there. Besides, members of the Snikt family almost always have their claws popped on covers so it's even less likely to be her.
    Last edited by Dipter; 09-22-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't think that's Banshee. Looks more blonde than the red/orange Sean has. Costumes do look pretty slick though.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

this team makes me remember Kieron Gillen run with the X-men, good times

I hope itīs Banshee, he, Magneto and Brand would make for a good leadership for SWORD. I think itīs enough for Kid Cable to have his own book unless itīs not going to go on after X of Swords but I really would like to see Frenzy there.

I have been reading previous Ewing stories so I have no doubt he will do well with this team and is nice to see different main characters for a change
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-22-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Laura? I don't see any resemblance there. Besides, members of the Snikt family almost always have their claws popped on covers so it's even less likely to be her.
    Honestly were so desperate for any update on her any character that looks similar will be considered her

Astonishing Member

According to Schiti thats a printing error.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Who are these people!?!?
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seriously?
    .....Deadass *Blac Chyna Voice*

Mighty Member

Would anyone legitimately think that this is a powerhouse team capable of dealing with cosmic level threats. I like Manifold and Frenzy, and Magneto if he is a active member is very powerful but I don't see it. The preview showed Hulking beaten and presumably his forces defeated/killed. Is this team really going to succeed where the combined Kree and Skrull empires could not. Will definitely check it out because Ewing is among the best comic writers currently.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think this is the entire team if Brand wants to bring back SWORD then itīs a bigger organization than SHIELD so we may expect a monving cast. I would not be surprised if some New Avengers or Alpha Fight characters who were at the end of EMPYRE show up in the title.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt think this is the entire team if Brand wants to bring back SWORD then itīs a bigger organization than SHIELD so we may expect a monving cast. I would not be surprised if some New Avengers or Alpha Fight characters who were at the end of EMPYRE show up in the title.
    That makes a lot of sense actually, that this is going to be a bigger rotating team! That cover is obviously issue #1 and that is the first incarnation of the team! But yeah, S.W.O.R.D. is a big organization! I think you might be right about Magneto, he might be in the background because Abigail went to him personally and asked to bring S.W.O.R.D. to Krakoa, and he is giving her his full support! We already know that Magneto respects her, so it's not hard to understand why she went to him right after the Avengers and FF pissed her off by keeping secrets from her, when her organization is mandated with protecting the Earth from alien threats!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Who are these people!?!?
    I recommend reading Gillen's Uncanny X-Men and SWORD run; it's pretty good

Oh, and Whedon's Astonishing X-Men where Brand was first introduced (also very good)