Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    that's supposed to be Banshee?

that line up honestly is .... yuck. other than Banshee if it's him.

never been invested in Brand. Wiz Kid? Meh. Why is Kid Cable getting so much spotlight? Meh.
    "So much spotlight" He's literally only in one book.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey
    That makes a lot of sense actually, that this is going to be a bigger rotating team! That cover is obviously issue #1 and that is the first incarnation of the team! But yeah, S.W.O.R.D. is a big organization! I think you might be right about Magneto, he might be in the background because Abigail went to him personally and asked to bring S.W.O.R.D. to Krakoa, and he is giving her his full support! We already know that Magneto respects her, so it's not hard to understand why she went to him right after the Avengers and FF pissed her off by keeping secrets from her, when her organization is mandated with protecting the Earth from alien threats!

Magneto respects her a lot, she was the only one who helped the Extinction team after AvX and she actually knows and calls him by his real name. It makes a lot of sense for her to be pissed she along with Nick Fury were in charge of stopping cosmic menaces from coming to the earth for years before most of the super hero teams knew about their existence so going from that to be keep in the dark just because she was not a part of the group was a huge let down for her she´s used to deal with different alien species, droids and Cosmic Empires, the Avengers really insulted her by keeping her out of their decisions. So going to Krakoa who already has ties it has to keep with the Shiar and with the Brood makes a lot of sense.

I think we will see a lot of Sam, Sunspot, Vulcan, the Brood King just from the X-men side as well as a continuation to the Kree/Skrull alliance with Hukling and Wiccan so yes, this book looks like it´s going to be very good.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-22-2020 at 06:56 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Roberto and Sam are pretty much guaranteed to appear. I’m also expecting to see more of Xandra now that she’s empress.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto respects her a lot, she was the only one who helped the Extinction team after AvX, and she actually knows and uses his real name. It makes a lot of sense for her to be pissed she along with Nick Fury were in charge of stopping cosmic menaces from coming to the earth so going from that to be keep apart just because she was not a part of the group is a huge let down for her, because she´s used to deal with different alien species, droids and Cosmic Empires, the Avengers really insulted her by keeping her out of their decisions. So going to Krakoa who already has ties it has to keep with the Shiar and with the Brood makes a lot of sense.
    They really want to play up her mutant heritage which is something writers have sorely ignored for awhile. That amd her history with Magneto.

I'm excited I don't really know too much about Brand be she strikes me as a no nonsense get sh*t done type of character which is something Magneto appreciates especially when it comes to the security of Krakoa.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    They really want to play up her mutant heritage which is something writers have sorely ignored for awhile. That amd her history with Magneto.

I'm excited I don't really know too much about Brand be she strikes me as a no nonsense get sh*t done type of character which is something Magneto appreciates especially when it comes to the security of Krakoa.
    Yes she´s exactly like that if you want to know more about her read The Astonishing X-men by Whedon and Kieron Gillen Uncanny X-men run Brand was really good there.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

here we go again with more white washing.

They're not even ashamed of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    here we go again with more white washing.

They're not even ashamed of it.
    They already spoke up about it and said the coloring issue would be fixed still it'd be nice if this type of stuff didn't happen so frequently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    They already spoke up about it and said the coloring issue would be fixed still it'd be nice if this type of stuff didn't happen so frequently.
    ah yes, an error that made him white and changed his dreads do straight hair...

hmmmm.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Fabian Cortez...perhaps Ewing will make him interesting.
    I do love Space X-Men so...I'm all in.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-22-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

ah yes, an error that made him white and changed his dreads do straight hair...

hmmmm.
    Schiti on twitter:

So the cat is out of the bag! Anyway, the dreads are gone, I am sorry. I preferred to use a more natural Aboriginal Australian look. About the melanin, I am sure that this is a print problem, he will be different.

Actually I have the original image, and it IS different. I mean, even Abigail is not THAT white! It’s just the flash of the camera, don’t worry

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    Schiti on twitter:

So the cat is out of the bag! Anyway, the dreads are gone, I am sorry. I preferred to use a more natural Aboriginal Australian look. About the melanin, I am sure that this is a print problem, he will be different.

Actually I have the original image, and it IS different. I mean, even Abigail is not THAT white! It’s just the flash of the camera, don’t worry
    An interesting artistic choice...I approve.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    An interesting artistic choice...I approve.
    Yeah, I think people need to realize this wasn't an official release, it was a leak! That may not even be the final cover for the book! That's why there are no digital images released, it was one photo someone took of the concept art for the upcoming book!

Valerio just confirmed that it is a valid book that is coming!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    Schiti on twitter:

As stated before aboriginal can have all types of hair and that's just ignorance speaking.

Why doesnt he just admit he doesnt like black hair and that he whitewashed him??? its very clear, he only likes straight hair. every character in this book has it.

As stated before aboriginal can have all types of hair and that's just ignorance speaking.

Why doesnt he just admit he doesnt like black hair and that he whitewashed him??? its very clear, he only likes straight hair. every character in this book has it.
    No locs no buy, Can we get it cited for these books because they must consistently white wash these characters to the preferences and this isn’t the first time does happen in a Ewing book. When he picked him up from Hick & the the Avengers world creative team Sunspot Suddenly goes back to being Whitespot & whitewashed until enuff ppl claimed about it publicly again. Problem is we shouldn’t have to complain about characters being Aggressively Whitewashed..

The official cover without flash and all that.