Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Anti-mutants have to fight Knull or they gonna die. At best hide in some anti-war very deep bunker would buy them time

They can't be killed permanently, so they can risk a lot more than just humans. But prefer to not do it
    Yes, but this logic does not apply to MU. If so, all villains should also be fighting Knull (or any other worldwide threat), but that never happens. Likewise anti-mutant activists do not make protests against Avengers and FF, their agenda is to eliminate mutants and not face the threats of everyday life.

Russia, for example, is a declared anti-Krakoa country. Suppose Krakoa opens its gateways across the globe, what prevents Russians from sending spies or sleeping agents? Or even other countries that just approved the agreement, but do not necessarily approve the new nation? Professor X and Magneto speak not only for a group of 30/50 trained mutant heroes, but for hundreds of mutants who have spent their lives away from combat or conflict. Krakoa IS NOT the Xavier Institute.

AND AGAIN, the gateways are organic, a physical part of Krakoa, all connected to the island's consciousness, and only Krakoa can previously grant access through them. The entire Quiet Council can argue with him, but I doubt that he will grant access to humans who offer him nothing in return, other than threats.

And by the way, if Krakoa opened its gateways to the whole world, I think it would be IMPOSSIBLE GEOGRAPHICALLY SPEAKING to accommodate the whole world on an island.

Villains do fight in these events.

Villains fought against the Skrulls in Secret Invasion.

In Marvel Zombies, we see Moonstone and other villains fighting alongside heroes.

For this event, the New York based Villains and even the vampires are chipping in to take down Knull and the symbiotes.

If it's an end of the world scenario villains will chip in when they can.

Look at DC. In Forever Evil, the heroes get taken out by their alternate universe counterparts and the villains have to save the day.

Remember the season finale of Justice League Unlimited.

Older movies like the Rocketeer. The Gangsters turn on their employer once they realize he's a Nazi.
    The J-man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Villains do fight in these events.

Villains fought against the Skrulls in Secret Invasion.

In Marvel Zombies, we see Moonstone and other villains fighting alongside heroes.

For this event, the New York based Villains and even the vampires are chipping in to take down Knull and the symbiotes.

If it's an end of the world scenario villains will chip in when they can.

Look at DC. In Forever Evil, the heroes get taken out by their alternate universe counterparts and the villains have to save the day.

Remember the season finale of Justice League Unlimited.

Older movies like the Rocketeer. The Gangsters turn on their employer once they realize he's a Nazi.
    As the Joker himself put it in the Batman/Captain America Elseworlds comic: "I may be a criminal lunatic, but I'm an American criminal lunatic!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You're focusing on small part of eliasmachado's post when they say everything that's needed to be pointed out: Cates doesn't know how the gates work, so that scene is meaningless

It's like if someone wrote a scene where a character goes to Iron Man and asks why he doesn't simply doesn't come up with a solution to stop global warming in an attempt to make the character look bad
    Last edited by nandes; 12-29-2020 at 06:47 PM.

The X-Men in one Simpsons 20 second clip...

https://youtu.be/RA0MIJIDXrQ
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Before we go into"the mutants can get over death so itīs fine mentality" itīs not better think about how the defeat knull? If mutants die on Krakoa then most of the humans who are evacuated there will also die and they canīt be brought back, if the superheros donīt worry about building an effective defense for their refuge.
    How to defeat Knull?

There are 3 ways I’ve noticed so far.

1. Black Knights sword can kill Knull in KIB Symbiote Spider-Man
    2. Starlord new sun power in KIB GOTG #10
    3. iron Mans fusion Armor with a piece of Symbiote from Venom, in KIB Iron Man/Doctor Doom #1

I think Coates is building up to a multiple front plan to get Knull from all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    How to defeat Knull?

There are 3 ways I’ve noticed so far.

1. Black Knights sword can kill Knull in KIB Symbiote Spider-Man
    2. Starlord new sun power in KIB GOTG #10
    3. iron Mans fusion Armor with a piece of Symbiote from Venom, in KIB Iron Man/Doctor Doom #1

I think Coates is building up to a multiple front plan to get Knull from all directions.
    Cates, technically, but yeah, although the symbiote Iron Man bonded with his armor was actually extracted from one of Knull's dragons. He was intending to use it to save Eddie and get him back in fighting condition, but it backfired.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I hope, it would be dull for me if it was only down to the Brock family drama unfolding (and whatever the God of Light development is) while Knull has everybody else's necks under his boot for so many issues. But I also expect Knull to be a massive cockroach who will refuse to die or leave Earth as much as possible. There's so much work heroes can possibly do here. This is what I thought should happen:

1. Sever Knull's connection to symbiotes again. If the line in Venom #4 is literal, Knull can not only see and feel through hosts but also draw strenght from them. Knull has already Knullified many important heroes and Cates is a fan of Aaron's Thor run, so this is potentially implying Knull can become more powerful at the last minute just like Gorr did and he has already absorbed Sentry's Void. Thor is already set up to have at least one big return moment here, with the lightning weakness in place too, so he should matter a lot there.

2. The Necrosword. It's a big deal of its history that anyone can potentially wield it, and at least 2 people (a Valkyrie and Venom) have wielded it in covers. Separating Knull from it wouldn't hurt heroes' chances.

3. First issue of KIB Thunderbolts has Kingpin holding a daylight press conference 5 days after Knull's arrival (which suggests he's talking to more than a crowd of Knullified civilians or underground heroes) saying the threat wasn't over for sure but his Thunderbolts team really did a difference at the cost of their lives, despite his team being made up of the likes of a French acrobat. I can only think it has to do with one of the Thunderbolts being linked to the Reality Stone, and them doing something with Sentry's body according to solicitations (Sentry's death arc is also being handled in Return of the Valkyries, I personally hope he'll ultimately have a bigger say in the event after his good Carnage deed didn't go unpunished).
    Last edited by Wildling; 01-14-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Can anyone tell me why venom and the symbiotic were changed from galactic cops in flash Thompson series to made by a devil?

Can anyone explain why they changed the fire/sonic weakness to lightning? I mean from an out of story point of view if you can make a sonic gun you can make a lightning gun...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Can anyone explain why they changed the fire/sonic weakness to lightning?
    IIRC those are still there for lower symbiotes, just revealed to be originated/inherited from Knull smashing All-Black over Celestial fire to forge it since it was the first symbiote.

I assume the lightning part has to do with the god of light opposite to Knull (can't say lightning without light and all).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I hope, it would be dull for me if it was only down to the Brock family drama unfolding (and whatever the God of Light development is) while Knull has everybody else's necks under his boot for so many issues. But I also expect Knull to be a massive cockroach who will refuse to die or leave Earth as much as possible. There's so much work heroes can possibly do here. This is what I thought should happen:

1. Sever Knull's connection to symbiotes again. If the line in Venom #4 is literal, Knull can not only see and feel through hosts but also draw strenght from them. Knull has already Knullified many important heroes and Cates is a fan of Aaron's Thor run, so this is potentially implying Knull can become more powerful at the last minute just like Gorr did and he has already absorbed Sentry's Void. Thor is already set up to have at least one big return moment here, with the lightning weakness in place too, so he should matter a lot there.

2. The Necrosword. It's a big deal of its history that anyone can potentially wield it, and at least 2 people (a Valkyrie and Venom) have wielded it in covers. Separating Knull from it wouldn't hurt heroes' chances.

3. First issue of KIB Thunderbolts has Kingpin holding a daylight press conference 5 days after Knull's arrival (which suggests he's talking to more than a crowd of Knullified civilians or underground heroes) saying the threat wasn't over for sure but his Thunderbolts team really did a difference at the cost of their lives, despite his team being made up of the likes of a French acrobat. I can only think it has to do with one of the Thunderbolts being linked to the Reality Stone, and them doing something with Sentry's body according to solicitations (Sentry's death arc is also being handled in Return of the Valkyries, I personally hope he'll ultimately have a bigger say in the event after his good Carnage deed didn't go unpunished).
    Thanks. I love this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Can anyone tell me why venom and the symbiotic were changed from galactic cops in flash Thompson series to made by a devil?

Can anyone explain why they changed the fire/sonic weakness to lightning? I mean from an out of story point of view if you can make a sonic gun you can make a lightning gun...
    Because some people thought the "Agents of the Cosmos" thing was a bit incongruous with the symbiotes' earlier history and Cates reconciled that by saying it was basically made up by the penitent symbiotes that were ashamed of their roots following their severance from Knull's control. As for lightning and electricity as a "new" weakness of the symbiotes, considering that lightning and electricity can produce intense heat, which was already one of the symbiotes' weaknesses, it makes sense, at least to a point, that the more powerful symbiotes would require even more intense heat like the kind produced by electricity and lightning to affect them.

This is lame, so things are so dire they got villains fighting. However there is no Blue Marvel to be found? Yeah sure Marvel. DC over there inventing black heroes and using them. Marvel got 'em but can't seem to highlight them.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is lame, so things are so dire they got villains fighting. However there is no Blue Marvel to be found? Yeah sure Marvel. DC over there inventing black heroes and using them. Marvel got 'em but can't seem to highlight them.
    An excellent point, come to think of it. And what about Monica Rambeau? I mean, if light's what they need to drive off Knull and his symbiote hordes literally made of primordial darkness . . . she's got a hell of a lot of light to spare. (Granted, she's in Symbiote Spider-Man: King in Black, but since that's supposed to be a flashback series, I'd rather see her in the present day.)

looks like the villains are coming in to save the day!

Now fully underway, Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman’s KING IN BLACK has taken the entire Marvel Universe by storm! And in April, the year’s most talked-about event will explode in the pages of Jason Aaron’s AVENGERS. Featuring art by Luca Maresca (MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES), AVENGERS #45 will star Blade and a vampire army taking on Knull’s forces.
    The vampire hunter has been at the forefront of battles throughout KING IN BLACK and now the vampire hunter will pay a dark price that will change his world forever. Setting up Blade and the Avengers for what’s to come, AVENGERS #45 is a key chapter in the KING IN BLACK saga that fans won’t want to miss. Check out the cover by Cory Smith below!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-king-in-black
    The J-man