Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm sure Marvel will say the double entendre was not intentional.
    I'm just dreading when a female version of Knull appears and they call her Knulla.

Then the laughter will be heard from across the oceans.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Sentry/Void, presently lounging in the Negative Zone, does get involved. But I suspect he'll just be there as cannon fodder.
    He is involved. Stegman posted a picture of him the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I honestly think the board would've been more receptive of this if we didn't have to go through.

- Venom-verse
    - Venomized
    - Absolute Carnage

...in the last 3 - 4 years. Remember Venomized? Is D-Man alive or dead? Bloody Hell.
    Venom-Verse and Venomized were 2 terrible stories that did a lot of damage to the Symbiotes status in comics. To me at least these two stories, Absolute Carnage and King in Black, are mostly exorcising how terrible all of that was lol.

However, I don't think Absolute Carnage was unnecessary. It was a direct build up to this. It's like saying Dark Reign was unnecessary to Siege, to give a very extreme and hyperbolic statement.

I wasn’t going to get this, but the Avengers are in it so I’ll be grabbing it. Really really looking forward to the Iron Man/Doom one shot. Cantwell can write both characters splendidly and I want to see Larroca draw Tony again.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-24-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It’s starting of full throttle. Looking forward to reading it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm surprised Eddie didnt call Peter for this I mean I get it they are the avengers but in terms of experience Peter got them beat. Guess he will get swept into this after the first defeat
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I'm surprised Eddie didnt call Peter for this I mean I get it they are the avengers but in terms of experience Peter got them beat. Guess he will get swept into this after the first defeat
    Isn't one of the hands that receive the message that of Peter? Or maybe I am confusing it for any of the Captains?

It could be possible that Eddie doesn't want to drag Peter into it again. Considering that he never end up telling Peter that none of the Symbiote stuff was ever his fault.

honestly shouldn't Knull crush them all pretty easily. This is someone that can casually dismiss the Silver Surfer. Short of some Dr. Strange or Ghost Rider shennanigans there isn't anyone on Earth who should be able to mess with him.

Maybe if you put Blue Marvel, Sentry, Thor, Hulk, Invisible Woman and one of the high level X-men telepaths on a team you could convince me with some battle board logic, but other than that Knull should steam roll. I'm expecting some Reed Richards or Dr. Doom deus ex machina to win the day here or for Brock's son to have a White Raven moment.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I think it's just a time saver. Telling the Avengers effectively means the entire super hero community will be brought into this. Spider-Man included. I'm sure if he had gone to Peter first, he would have done the same thing and called the Avengers.

From a writing standpoint, it also signifies to the reader that this is a big deal. Even if you're not following this story, if the Avengers are getting involved you know it's a bigger deal than the standard stuff that Venom and Spidey usually deal with. Not that those two don't deal with big stuff all the time... but Avengers are perceived as the sort of BIG GUNS of the hero community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    honestly shouldn't Knull crush them all pretty easily. This is someone that can casually dismiss the Silver Surfer. Short of some Dr. Strange or Ghost Rider shennanigans there isn't anyone on Earth who should be able to mess with him.

Maybe if you put Blue Marvel, Sentry, Thor, Hulk, Invisible Woman and one of the high level X-men telepaths on a team you could convince me with some battle board logic, but other than that Knull should steam roll. I'm expecting some Reed Richards or Dr. Doom deus ex machina to win the day here or for Brock's son to have a White Raven moment.
    That's true for a lot of threats the heroes face though. In Aarons first arc in Avengers, the ended up defeating a bunch of Celestials. Not to dismiss the threat level Knull represents, but this isn't the hero communities first rodeo against a cosmic level threat.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's true for a lot of threats the heroes face though. In Aarons first arc in Avengers, the ended up defeating a bunch of Celestials. Not to dismiss the threat level Knull represents, but this isn't the hero communities first rodeo against a cosmic level threat.
    eh they didn't really defeat a bunch of Celestials. They were fighting a disease from a dead Celestial that potentially seeded life on the planet earth. Then they held some others at bay until the situation resolved itself and walla new HQ.

I'm just saying when your going up against a Galactus level threat or above if your not bringing in some other cosmic allies or the infinity gauntlet or the cosmic cube your options for winning are incredibly limited.
    The J-man

eh they didn't really defeat a bunch of Celestials. They were fighting a disease from a dead Celestial that potentially seeded life on the planet earth. Then they held some others at bay until the situation resolved itself and walla new HQ.

I'm just saying when your going up against a Galactus level threat or above if your not bringing in some other cosmic allies or the infinity gauntlet or the cosmic cube your options for winning are incredibly limited.
    Avengers do have 2 really smart guys, and that can often do wonders against cosmic beings. Not saying this will be easy... but it's doable.

Well. We don't know exactly what will happen. I assume that Knull's first wave will effectively steamroll everyone.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m pretty sure Sentry is the “big gun” mentioned in the preview.