Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Honestly, Mikaboshi to me was far more boring than Knull. Like if people complain that Knull has no personality and is "generic darkness bad guy" then Mikaboshi/Chaos King is even worse. He doesn't even have a design as engaging as Knull.
    I feel like there are just too many Primordial Darkness God in Marvel,
    Nyx, Oblivion, Knull, Chaos King, First Firmament, One Below All, I can't tell if there are more out there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Nyx, Oblivion, Knull, Chaos King, First Firmament, One Below All, I can't tell if there are more out there
    LOL wow I did not know that at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    The One Below All isn't a primordial darkness god.

He's more of an anti-God (and I mean the capital G).

Amazing Member

really wondering when will the x-men finally release their other heavy hitters. all those powers stationed in krakoa yet charles had wolverine leading the charge. would also be great to see apocalypse and the original horsemen helping with this.

Fantastic Member

Molecule Man, surely! You're bound by the physical rules of the space that you inhabit, Owen is your guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    LOL wow I did not know that at all.
    Yeah bro, neither do I. Doing some research though, wow, never realized how many of these primordial dark beings out there. Marvel better cool it with these neigh omnipotent dark beings. Too many of them around and pretty soon they'll lose their shine. I mean, their dark. I mean, well, you know what I mean .

I like Knull though. There's the omnipotent darkness, but it's still intimate. Like a claustrophic type of fear whenever I see him. Guess that goes with the way Cates has written him.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yeah bro, neither do I. Doing some research though, wow, never realized how many of these primordial dark beings out there. Marvel better cool it with these neigh omnipotent dark beings. Too many of them around and pretty soon they'll lose their shine. I mean, their dark. I mean, well, you know what I mean .

I like Knull though. There's the omnipotent darkness, but it's still intimate. Like a claustrophic type of fear whenever I see him. Guess that goes with the way Cates has written him.
    FWIW Mikaboshi is in fact locked away as well as one can be in a comic book. He hasn't been back since Chaos War where they shoved him into his own pocket universe and then cut the tether to this universe. In a later comic Oblivion said Mikaboshi is just an aspect of him, I would imagine most of the other primordial darkness gods are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Honestly, Mikaboshi to me was far more boring than Knull. Like if people complain that Knull has no personality and is "generic darkness bad guy" then Mikaboshi/Chaos King is even worse. He doesn't even have a design as engaging as Knull.
    Funny thing is that, if we're talking about personality, then a really boring one would be TOBA, he's just a being who hates everything and wants to destroying everything for simply existing.

Of course, a boring personality can be balanced out by what they bring to the table and how they're used, which is why TOBA works, he brings/confirms this magic side in Gamma beings, and he's the driving of the plot, so he's not the kind of villain made to have depth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheORKINMan View Post
    FWIW Mikaboshi is in fact locked away as well as one can be in a comic book. He hasn't been back since Chaos War where they shoved him into his own pocket universe and then cut the tether to this universe. In a later comic Oblivion said Mikaboshi is just an aspect of him, I would imagine most of the other primordial darkness gods are as well.
    Back in Immortal Hulk's tie-in with Absolute Carnage, Banner wondered if Knull was some facet of the TOBA:

Though I doubt they'll confirm this, specially considering that from the way Banner words it, he's just guessing.

Either way, this was fast paced, and it's not hard to see why, there are 8 double splash pages with some other panels, one double splash page, 3 splash pages, and 2 splash pages with some other panels... They kinda overdid it, and that definitely slows down the story's pacing.

As for the quality of the story, it's okay, the short version of what happened is "Knull brute forced everything", but at least it was nice to see the heroes preparing themselves for Knull, even if the line-up was questionable, 'cause they really should have more heavy hitters around when dealing with an army, and less street level heroes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The One Below All isn't a primordial darkness god.

He's more of an anti-God (and I mean the capital G).

So no Firestar? One character with a proven track record of being able to hurt symbiotes. Odd.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Funny thing is that, if we're talking about personality, then a really boring one would be TOBA, he's just a being who hates everything and wants to destroying everything for simply existing.

Of course, a boring personality can be balanced out by what they bring to the table and how they're used, which is why TOBA works, he brings/confirms this magic side in Gamma beings, and he's the driving of the plot, so he's not the kind of villain made to have depth.

Back in Immortal Hulk's tie-in with Absolute Carnage, Banner wondered if Knull was some facet of the TOBA:

Though I doubt they'll confirm this, specially considering that from the way Banner words it, he's just guessing.

Either way, this was fast paced, and it's not hard to see why, there are 8 double splash pages with some other panels, one double splash page, 3 splash pages, and 2 splash pages with some other panels... They kinda overdid it, and that definitely slows down the story's pacing.

As for the quality of the story, it's okay, the short version of what happened is "Knull brute forced everything", but at least it was nice to see the heroes preparing themselves for Knull, even if the line-up was questionable, 'cause they really should have more heavy hitters around when dealing with an army, and less street level heroes lol.
    I'm gonna chuckle to myself silently when Ewing brings this up again in his upcoming tie-in, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by TheORKINMan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up bro.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    So no Firestar? One character with a proven track record of being able to hurt symbiotes. Odd.
    I get the feeling she's in Krakoa or somewhere else, it was gonna be New Warriors but that book is likely canned.

Plus Cates wants his OC to be king until Dylan beats him.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I get the feeling she's in Krakoa or somewhere else, it was gonna be New Warriors but that book is likely canned.

Plus Cates wants his OC to be king until Dylan beats him.
    Oh yeah, her status was kind of upended now that the book she was supposed to be in is gone.

Poor Angelica (and, well, the other OG New Warriors).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Yeah, I actually didn’t know there were so many Darkness oriented characters.