Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Just popping in to ask, but does the King in Black: Planet of Symbiotes #3 Toxin story actual feature Pat Mulligan?
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Nope, it doesn't
    New host, since Pat was murdered by Blackheart way back in the Flash Thompson/Agent Venom run and sadly has not been resurrected as far as I know. Would've been nice if his codex had shown up in the symbiote hive back in the Venom issues tying into King in Black.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Nope, it doesn't
    Oh. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    New host, since Pat was murdered by Blackheart way back in the Flash Thompson/Agent Venom run and sadly has not been resurrected as far as I know. Would've been nice if his codex had shown up in the symbiote hive back in the Venom issues tying into King in Black.
    Definitely remember Pat's inglorious offscreen murder. It also sucks that Scott Washington was not resurrected when it would have made narrative sense to, considering what Eddie did to him in the first place.

Heard the new Toxin is a teen hero. I'm always here for teen heroes, so hope things will turn out good.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-15-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Oh. Oh well.

Definitely remember Pat's inglorious offscreen murder. It also sucks that Scott Washington was not resurrected when it would have made narrative sense to, considering what Eddie did to him in the first place.

Heard the new Toxin is a teen hero. I'm always here for teen heroes, so hope things will turn out good.
    Uh-huh. Scott Washington coming back would have been great, at least as a means for Eddie Brock to properly acknowledge and atone for his past wrongdoings. That said, I'm willing to bet the new Toxin will have a pretty big role in the upcoming Extreme Carnage, so you'll have a good chance of seeing more of him later.

Yeah! The original Toxin should get a do-over! You know... a Mulligan.

Pat Mulligan's death is just reparations for myself having to read his origin story so in this instance Eddie Brock is a hero.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I have to wonder what is the point of this Event?

Is it to portray Knull for the first time showing his prowess against Earths superheroes (who never get beat)? Is it to answer the long-unanswered question of what is the Enigma Force and Captain Universe? Or is it just a vehicle to move Eddie Brock into the position of being King of all Symbiote life forms? We certainly got some home truths expressed by the FF towards one another, never heard before.

But it does leave me wondering about the intent of all this cross-over madness when Events come along and flood all the franchises with its infection? Did we get a good enough reason to have a story be called an Event? I would think some world-shaking, “the universe will never be the same” experience was apparent, but, unless you were a Symbiote, the rest of the world just clicked over to the next day like nothing happened.

There was that hint of some even more powerful entity hidden in the back-ground, even Knull was afraid of. Something Knull calls the Darkness. And then there was that blue dialogue box that was the voice of the Enigma Force talking to Eddie Brock. Sounds like it should be something individual instead of a spirit floating around from character to character.

Uh-huh. Scott Washington coming back would have been great, at least as a means for Eddie Brock to properly acknowledge and atone for his past wrongdoings. That said, I'm willing to bet the new Toxin will have a pretty big role in the upcoming Extreme Carnage, so you'll have a good chance of seeing more of him later.
    Yeah. Eddie was stone dead. Does the Enigma Force resurrect its host now?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

Is it to portray Knull for the first time showing his prowess against Earths superheroes (who never get beat)? Is it to answer the long-unanswered question of what is the Enigma Force and Captain Universe? Or is it just a vehicle to move Eddie Brock into the position of being King of all Symbiote life forms? We certainly got some home truths expressed by the FF towards one another, never heard before.

But it does leave me wondering about the intent of all this cross-over madness when Events come along and flood all the franchises with its infection? Did we get a good enough reason to have a story be called an Event? I would think some world-shaking, “the universe will never be the same” experience was apparent, but, unless you were a Symbiote, the rest of the world just clicked over to the next day like nothing happened.

There was that hint of some even more powerful entity hidden in the back-ground, even Knull was afraid of. Something Knull calls the Darkness. And then there was that blue dialogue box that was the voice of the Enigma Force talking to Eddie Brock. Sounds like it should be something individual instead of a spirit floating around from character to character.
    Yeah. Eddie was stone dead. Does the Enigma Force resurrect its host now?
    The point of the event was to be a culmination of everything Donny Cates had been building towards since he started writing Venom. Whether the end stuck the landing or not . . . I leave up to individual judgment. For me, it was good, gruesome fun that had me fondly recalling my days as a budding metalhead. Speaking of, where is the soundtrack for King in Black? And yes, on a somewhat more serious note, the Enigma Force resurrecting Eddie Brock after his death, considering it's a force of light and life in contrast to Knull's oblivion and death, it makes sense to me that it could do that.

The point of the event was to be a culmination of everything Donny Cates had been building towards since he started writing Venom. Whether the end stuck the landing or not . . . I leave up to individual judgment. For me, it was good, gruesome fun that had me fondly recalling my days as a budding metalhead. Speaking of, where is the soundtrack for King in Black? And yes, on a somewhat more serious note, the Enigma Force resurrecting Eddie Brock after his death, considering it's a force of light and life in contrast to Knull's oblivion and death, it makes sense to me that it could do that.
    I was not familiar with how the Enigma Force worked, so thanks for the clarification, Huntsman.

I was not familiar with how the Enigma Force worked, so thanks for the clarification, Huntsman.
    You're welcome, and while the Enigma Force has never explicitly revived someone from the dead before, considering its nature and immense power . . . it's not totally outside the bounds of possibility.

Amazing Member

With things settling down I hope we see the return of Flash and a team up between Andi (Scream) and Miles

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah! The original Toxin should get a do-over! You know... a Mulligan.
    I really wish Marvel would stop killing non Eddie and Kletus hosts. Really makes it hard to care, especially when the suits are little more than differently colored Venom/Carnage costumes.

How many people have the Hybrid/Toxin suits gone through now?

Also, did we ever see Washington killed, or did someone show up in his suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    With things settling down I hope we see the return of Flash and a team up between Andi (Scream) and Miles
    Flash will be coming back as Anti-Venom in Extreme Carnage, which will also include a reunion between him and Andi.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I really wish Marvel would stop killing non Eddie and Kletus hosts. Really makes it hard to care, especially when the suits are little more than differently colored Venom/Carnage costumes.

How many people have the Hybrid/Toxin suits gone through now?

Also, did we ever see Washington killed, or did someone show up in his suit?
    Same, and yeah, if I recall right, we do see Eddie kill Scott Washington/Hybrid back in the original Agent Venom run by Rick Remender after Spider-Island.

I'm with you.

The Stegman art on these books were top notch.

Cates has a voice and tenor i like, but this story fell flat for me....was expecting more to occur...I guess we just needed this long winded battle spanning 30+ venom books and countless other crossovers to make Eddie Brock the God of the Symbiotes.
    Last edited by JBH3; 05-16-2021 at 07:17 AM.