Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Did this story end? What happened? How did they defeat Knull?
    It's delayed until next week.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Darn, I thought it was over.

BANNED

Guess who's back?!
    Anyways, Knull's kind of lame, but the story is still pretty solid,

wrong place
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

The ending was fitting, but does anyone else think how odd it is in recent years with how Marvel writers are portraying the sun's potency. I mean there was the Sol's Anvil device back in Hickman's FF that used the sun's energy and killed a Beyonder. The Void was stopped by the sun, and now Knull (I mean he was weakened before it but it did disintigrate him)- a character that killed Celestials and bonded Void to himself which made him even more powerful. I know Earth's a special planet in Marvel, but the sun was always a pretty standard star.

Fantastic Member

Really did the Sentry dirty in this event.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So this ended up abit of a mess...

Ultimate Member

A mess, IMO but it certainly had the seeds of a good story.

The first issue alone had three or four different points that would have worked great spread out (Celestials, earth covered, Sentry torn in half, Eddie dropped) but crammed together simply don't work as well.

Also, it was established that some of the symbiots hated Knull, but did any of them rise up during the crossover? I like how they weren't treated as of one mind, but we should see that as well.

Finally, Knull? More like ham. He needed better motivation than 'eevill!'

The beginning of this story had my attention. Felt it could have ended stronger and they could have done a better job of setting up that ending, specifically with Thor's Hammer and the Surfer's board.

I don't know if this leaves Venom in a good place. If I was another writer I probably wouldn't touch him. Is he back to normal now or is he like some all-powerful skyfather like being?
    The J-man

The beginning of this story had my attention. Felt it could have ended stronger and they could have done a better job of setting up that ending, specifically with Thor's Hammer and the Surfer's board.

I don't know if this leaves Venom in a good place. If I was another writer I probably wouldn't touch him. Is he back to normal now or is he like some all-powerful skyfather like being?
    100% did Eddie Brock also have the uni power (Captain Universe) because it sure felt like he did when reading the story.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Ultimate Member

Didn't Flash come back in the main series? He's the best Venom, so I'll take this ending :P

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% did Eddie Brock also have the uni power (Captain Universe) because it sure felt like he did when reading the story.
    Yes. Yes, he did. He made his "Captain Universe" form resemble his usual Venom "costume," only glowing. Then it left him once Knull was beaten.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. Yes, he did. He made his "Captain Universe" form resemble his usual Venom "costume," only glowing. Then it left him once Knull was beaten.
    Because the whole “we are stronger when we aren’t alone” stuff that Cates’ whole run has been about inevitably meant nothing bedside F it, he can do it alone when the uni power is here.

If it's not for a joke and a character expresses out loud how stupid, absurd, and pointless something is happening ... maybe you shouldn't write it to begin with.

Fantastic Member

There's also no real reason to bring Knull back now. I mean, look at Cul Borson. A major villain with nothing to do besides diminishing returns since Fear Itself.