Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nah the writer just used Sentry for a moment, Sentry is disposable enough to use as prop to show off a villain's power. And when villain is a symbiote then ripping Sentry in half is ironic because he did it to carnage for a moment. This does not answer anything other who is lower down in totem of importance in marvel hierarchy of characters by writers.

All powerful characters get used as a prop I remember a 2 month (or more stretch) where Thor got bullied by Juggernaut, Immortal Hulk, Namor and Sentry to name a few. I am pretty sure the last time saw Sentry he has all juiced up in perfect fusion with void being more powerful than he had every been you know this guy
    Attachment 105067

Then he reappears back to normal just to get rip in half. I get the appeal of power convos but what makes Marvel dope is that Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Silver Surfer and others are all in the mix and not just one dude.
    Sentry fans are a frustrated lot, myself included!

But I suspect he'll be back before the end of the event and get a moment.

Fantastic Member

I guess we'll have to wait until March to see what the Thunderbolts do with the Sentry's body. Which in and of itself makes me sigh, as I was always of the belief that he only really had a physical form due to his psionic powers manifesting one.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah Knull just isn’t doing for more, really.
    I really enjoyed the hype and his attack in Issue 1 but aside from that he’s just like another villain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah Knull just isn’t doing for more, really.
    I really enjoyed the hype and his attack in Issue 1 but aside from that he’s just like another villain.
    I mean were people honestly expecting more from Cates? I always thought Knull had a cool design(although Batman who laughs did it first and better IMO) and that's it, nothing about his writing was anything other than cliche, another ego maniac with a god complex, haven't seen that in a villain in a long time........

He took over Earth quickly for a couple of issues and now it's time for him to go and all that's left is for Dylan to deliver the final blow.

Knull is functional, he really doesn't need to be more. Also thankfully he isn't as obnoxious as his distant cousin from DC, at least so far.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Knull is functional, he really doesn't need to be more. Also thankfully he isn't as obnoxious as his distant cousin from DC, at least so far.
    He also isn't as derivative (even if he's connected to the Symbiotes).

I don’t mind him having uncomplicated goals etc.

It’s more his fighting. Cates isn’t writing this with particularly much urgency (aside from #1) so I’m less worried about Knull.

In Venoms first arc by Cates (Rex)...Knull was threatening and genuinely scary. I’d like abit more of that.

D4A6F0ED-BADB-46C2-BA4D-AFECB6673FEA.jpg
    DEC07C6C-74FF-41AF-9B50-FC7853F38AEF.jpg

Proof that I don’t think Cates & Stegman will be going anywhere after Venom 200.

All-New Member

Given that OF/base Thor (whichever the hell this Thor is) didn't do much to Knull besides knocking him down and breaking his jaw, I don't think Sentry will get much.

Fantastic Member

No mention of Sentry in the April solits either...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSunlight View Post
    Given that OF/base Thor (whichever the hell this Thor is) didn't do much to Knull besides knocking him down and breaking his jaw, I don't think Sentry will get much.
    I think at that point, everyone who Knull has had a chance to step on will be getting their moment, Thor and Sentry included, but perhaps not.

Still not sure who this God of Light supposedly is.

I think the only character from Donny Cates’ several runs in Marvel that is yet to be touched is Thanos.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I am pretty sure he god of light isn't the Surfer since the Surfer looks to be the narrator who says that the god of light cannot get through Knull's barrier but he can (why he can but the god of light can't, I do not know).
    The Surfer has stopped Knull once, beat him another time then annihilated his most powerful underlings all in the Silver Surfer: Black mini so the Surfer being a big gun savior makes a lot of sense (I still don't understand how Cates can write an excellent [personality wise] and even godlike Surfer and yet such a terrible Galactus). Funnily enough this is the second crossover in the past year to give the Surfer the savior role (the Annihilation/Cancerverse event was the other, though the payoff in that one was such a letdown after we were teased a real Silver Surfer vs. Sentry/Void fight and not a one panel one shot ending). I think Marvel using the character less is a good thing, I never liked it when he was a typical diluted superhero.

you know times have changed when Wakanda has become the safe-haven of the world, opening its doors and the X-men are barring entry to non-Mutants
    The J-man