Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm was the girl that ate all the scenes she was in. Heavy-hitting goddess of the light!

I WIN!
    Best not call her that. Because there's an actual god of light that cates hinted at. But knull did refer to storm as "little light" a term he used for the silver surfer. In black

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    To the shock of no one, Knull one shots everyone. Dylan is the last line of defense.

Also shows how unprepared the Avengers were.

and how unprepared the X-men and Fantastic Four and Doctor Strange are...... just like in every other major event that happens in Marvel
    The J-man

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    and how unprepared the X-men and Fantastic Four and Doctor Strange are...... just like in every other major event that happens in Marvel
    Yeah, because nothing says event that’ll grip the readers like the heroes being prepared for what they’re facing and overcoming it with ease....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    To the shock of no one, Knull one shots everyone. Dylan is the last line of defense.

Also shows how unprepared the Avengers were.
    For once, I found them very well prepared: Spatial weapons and protections against the first wave, ground teams and evacuation ships to protect civilians, mutants and humans working together, and a "god killer" powerful enough to kill Celestials, in case all these strategies would fail. For once in an event, they didn't make any big mistakes, it's just that Knull was far too strong for them.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-02-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    For once, I found them very well prepared: Spatial weapons and protections against the first wave, ground teams and evacuation ships to protect civilians, mutants and humans working together, and a "god killer" powerful enough to kill Celestials, in case all these strategies would fail. For once in an event, they didn't make any big mistakes, it's just that Knull was far too strong for them.
    A absolutely powerful impossible to win villain.

Cates is so crazy to do this

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Just curious, on where Coulson and the Squadron Supreme of America are. Surprised they didnt get a tie-in.

With the turn of events I wonder if anyone has thought to locate Blue Marvel? At the very least you have someone with Sentry's power levels, but way more intelligent. I don't see him using Sentrys strategy of trying to give Knull a knunckle sandwich only to get ripped into spare parts.
    Last edited by dkrook; 12-02-2020 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

Not Bad Cates. Not Bad at All.....

Y’know I’m NOT a Fan of Venom. And I thought this Knull concept was just dumb. I even believed this Event was Going to be Dookie.

But I will say Cates has gotten me intrigued. And I do appreciate Cates for remembering that Storm is another Heavy Hitter in the Greater Marvel Universe. If Thor is busy you can always call on Storm. She is just as powerful in her own right and can get the job done. Calling her a Goddess I appreciate that. Thank You Cates.

Now I’m surprised Sentry got “The Sentry Treatment” meaning ripped in half. LOL I really believed Sentry was going show up at the End of the Event and save the day. I’m not sure if Sentry is Dead Dead considering he was still talking while ripped in half, but I’m curious. Lastly, I’m a bit concerned I’m not quite sure what Cates was going with by having Eddie give himself up when we know that Knull wants to destroy everything.

Anyway, this was a decent 1st issue Event for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post

Y’know I’m NOT a Fan of Venom. And I thought this Knull concept was just dumb. I even believed this Event was Going to be Dookie.

But I will say Cates has gotten me intrigued. And I do appreciate Cates for remembering that Storm is another Heavy Hitter in the Greater Marvel Universe. If Thor is busy you can always call on Storm. She is just as powerful in her own right and can get the job done. Calling her a Goddess I appreciate that. Thank You Cates.

Now I’m surprised Sentry got “The Sentry Treatment” meaning ripped in half. LOL I really believed Sentry was going show up at the End of the Event and save the day. I’m not sure if Sentry is Dead Dead considering he was still talking while ripped in half, but I’m curious. Lastly, I’m a bit concerned I’m not quite sure what Cates was going with by having Eddie give himself up when we know that Knull wants to destroy everything.

Naw, he's gonna be back shortly, by January even. Much as I love Sentry, the dude's previous behavior absolutely *earned* that moment and I laughed out loud at it, even as I was frustrated at both his status quo reset *yet again* and his easy one shot.

Cates is going somewhere with this, and with him, but it's hard to say where just yet. Aaron has him next in Valkyries, so that's all we know right now.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-03-2020 at 01:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Naw, he's gonna be back shortly, by January even. Much as I love Sentry, the dude's previous behavior absolutely *earned* that moment and I laughed out loud at it, even as I was frustrated at both his status quo reset *yet again* and his easy one shot.

Cates is going somewhere with this, and with him, but it's hard to say where just yet. Aaron has him next in Valkyries, so that's all we knwo right now.
    I Understand your frustration.

His New Status Quo when he and Void became ONE and he dawned the Black and Red was FIRE!!!! I really liked that. And it actually got me back into liking the character again. Now? Like you said what he’s been up to for the past year or two or however long. I think I’m going to Pass on him again.

I Understand your frustration.

His New Status Quo when he and Void became ONE and he dawned the Black and Red was FIRE!!!! I really liked that. And it actually got be back into liking the character again. Now? Like you said what he’s been up to for the past year or two. I think I’m going to Pass on him again.
    Did you read Cates' version of Sentry back when he brought him back in Doctor Strange? He's got a good grasp on the character and a good voice for him. I liked Bob's 'Hi. I'm Bob', as he was flying an eldritch abomination into space. Aaron's been super hit-and-miss for me so I'll be curious to see how he handles him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Did you read Cates' version of Sentry back when he brought him back in Doctor Strange? He's got a good grasp on the character and a good voice for him. I liked Bob's 'Hi. I'm Bob', as he was flying an eldritch abomination into space. Aaron's been super hit-and-miss for me so I'll be curious to see how he handles him.
    Yes that was the issue when Strange became a God of Magic and had Sentry pay for the price of Magic. Yup read it. I Agree I thought that was funny. And he does seem to a good grasp of his Voice. I’m not a fan of Aaron unfortunately. To me right now Jason Aaron is taking to many L’s for my taste. I’ll pass on him.

Hopefully if Sentry returns he will purged of Void permanently.

BANNED

Cates keeps writing hit after hit, this issue was great !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Hopefully if Sentry returns he will purged of Void permanently.
    He'll return. He's already in solicits for January books. I don't think you can purge Sentry of the Void permanently (I mean, it's generated by Bob's sense of disassociation out of his limitless well of power) but this may be the first time in a long time we're going to get a Sentry who isn't encumbered by needing to contain it.

I have faith that Cates is going somewhere with this, and my hope is that we'll get something closer to the Sentry/Bob and the Void being the separate beings they *should* have been a while ago.