Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm here for when Spider-Man finds out from Knull that Knull's symbiotes were on Earth long before Spider-Man came back from the original Battleworld with a slick new black suit. I'm betting he'll have words with Eddie/Venom after that about having his sense of guilt/responsibility played on like that back in Absolute Carnage . . . although if Knull tries to tear out the symbiote codices still inside him . . .
    Oh yeah, Spidey never removed his codex, he decided to go last just make sure everyone else's was removed, but then Kletus showed up...

Wonder if Knull can use just a codex is enough to control someone, at least temporarily, since they tend to disappear after a while when they're used.

And honestly, it was kinda weird that the Venom symbiote was trying to say that it wasn't Spidey's responsibility for bringing symbiotes to Earth, so Spidey doesn't feel guilty anymore, 'cause yes, while it's true that Grendel and whatever else were on Earth for hundreds or thousands of years, it was Venom and his offsprings who made so many people getting codice to begin with, so Spidey still has reasons to blame himself for Absolute Carnage, and King in Black, even if he's not the first one to have brought symbiotes to Earth.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Oh yeah, Spidey never removed his codex, he decided to go last just make sure everyone else's was removed, but then Kletus showed up...

Wonder if Knull can use just a codex is enough to control someone, at least temporarily, since they tend to disappear after a while when they're used.

And honestly, it was kinda weird that the Venom symbiote was trying to say that it wasn't Spidey's responsibility for bringing symbiotes to Earth, so Spidey doesn't feel guilty anymore, 'cause yes, while it's true that Grendel and whatever else were on Earth for hundreds or thousands of years, it was Venom and his offsprings who made so many people getting codice to begin with, so Spidey still has reasons to blame himself for Absolute Carnage, and King in Black, even if he's not the first one to have brought symbiotes to Earth.
    Actually a good point. Even if the symbiotes were on Earth long before Venom, it was Spider-Man bringing Venom to Earth in the first place that started the chain of events leading to Absolute Carnage and now King in Black.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Actually a good point. Even if the symbiotes were on Earth long before Venom, it was Spider-Man bringing Venom to Earth in the first place that started the chain of events leading to Absolute Carnage and now King in Black.
    Yeah, at the end of the day, he still has reasons to feel responsible, which makes that scene not make a lot of sense, although at least it does show the Venom symbiote was trying to be nice, while Eddy was trying some weird pragmatism (Which I find unnecessary, Peter is by default helpful anyways).

Oh yeah, randomly remembered, last year I played Web of Shadows again, and in hindsight, the end of the game was a bit funny, 'cause Vulture says "... Remove the detonator. Embrace the power the dark one gives you.", and while "dark one" is obviously meant to be Venom, it can sound like it's about Knull, and it'd still make some sense, just weird that Vulture would know about him.

Yeah, at the end of the day, he still has reasons to feel responsible, which makes that scene not make a lot of sense, although at least it does show the Venom symbiote was trying to be nice, while Eddy was trying some weird pragmatism (Which I find unnecessary, Peter is by default helpful anyways).

Oh yeah, randomly remembered, last year I played Web of Shadows again, and in hindsight, the end of the game was a bit funny, 'cause Vulture says "... Remove the detonator. Embrace the power the dark one gives you.", and while "dark one" is obviously meant to be Venom, it can sound like it's about Knull, and it'd still make some sense, just weird that Vulture would know about him.
    Hmm, come to think of it, Web of Shadows' plot could easily be remade and/or remixed as part of or a prelude to Knull's coming.

Hmm, come to think of it, Web of Shadows' plot could easily be remade and/or remixed as part of or a prelude to Knull's coming.
    If anything, WoS having Knull as a Greater Scope Villain would make sense out of that plot, 'cause the game never bothers to explain why the Venom symbiote decided to reproduce like it's a rabbit, it just decided to do that at random and ignored Eddie, and Knull would work to explain the "why" it, and for the symbiotes the villains get to reproduce like crazy too, maybe it could be said that the nests are only useful for quick reproductions because Knull wants escape ASAP, and that those symbiotes from the nests are weaker because of the focus in quantity over quality, and even explain why in the evil ending, Peter takes Venom's place, when having Venom's offspring hardly means he'd be interested in that position of power.

In other words, Venom and evil Peter can essentially have the role Cletus has in Absolute Carnage, only without being aware of it.

Another game that can be explained using Knull is PSX Spidey, 'cause that game has Otto and Carnage teaming up to make everyone have symbiotes, and it makes little sense that Carnage would want to bother with that, and Knull could be used to explain why he's there. Then again, that one is less bad since Carnage wanting more symbiotes could be him wanting some weird family again, but Knull is another explanation, either way, that game also doesn't explain why he's there.

So yeah, just funny Knull can be used for explanations like those games lol.

If anything, WoS having Knull as a Greater Scope Villain would make sense out of that plot, 'cause the game never bothers to explain why the Venom symbiote decided to reproduce like it's a rabbit, it just decided to do that at random and ignored Eddie, and Knull would work to explain the "why" it, and for the symbiotes the villains get to reproduce like crazy too, maybe it could be said that the nests are only useful for quick reproductions because Knull wants escape ASAP, and that those symbiotes from the nests are weaker because of the focus in quantity over quality, and even explain why in the evil ending, Peter takes Venom's place, when having Venom's offspring hardly means he'd be interested in that position of power.

In other words, Venom and evil Peter can essentially have the role Cletus has in Absolute Carnage, only without being aware of it.

Another game that can be explained using Knull is PSX Spidey, 'cause that game has Otto and Carnage teaming up to make everyone have symbiotes, and it makes little sense that Carnage would want to bother with that, and Knull could be used to explain why he's there. Then again, that one is less bad since Carnage wanting more symbiotes could be him wanting some weird family again, but Knull is another explanation, either way, that game also doesn't explain why he's there.

So yeah, just funny Knull can be used for explanations like those games lol.
    Indeed, that could actually work as a more cohesive or coherent retelling of Web of Shadows.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So the first issue is out today! I have managed to read it...nice opening first issue.
    It’s just quite refreshing to see a foe who isn’t Thanos. I’m interested to see where it all goes from here. Stegmans art remains stellar.

Mighty Member

One of the downsides to the subscription I get is that I have to wait until next year before I can read this, and that's if I don't mess up the address again like last time (accidentally sent it to my old address, luckily my ex housemates still live there).

I may pick up a variant just to read it, but at least 2 and a half years worth of stories are finally starting to pay off (sounds like Amazing too), so I'm excited to see what Cates has in store, especially seeing as Venom is one of my favourite comics right now

I can't believe that everything turned out exactly as I predicted.

spoilers:
    *heavy Sentry fan sigh*

Gotta say, though, that was perfect and not far off from what was largely expected.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Well, must to say, Knull is really very creepy and brutal here, a very strong start for the event. I wonder who'll defeat him here.
    Didn't see that coming with spoilers:
    Sentry's death, just like he killed Ares in Siege, by the way.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Well, must to say, Knull is really very creepy and brutal here, a very strong start for the event. I wonder who'll defeat him here.
    Didn't see that coming with spoilers:
    Sentry's death, just like he killed Ares in Siege, by the way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was pretty obvious to me, Cates wants to prove that Knull is more badass than anyone else and nothing better than defeating the Void
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    spoilers:
    It was pretty obvious to me, Cates wants to prove that Knull is more badass than anyone else and nothing better than defeating the Void
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, was pretty obvious he'd be the early stepping stone. We know that's not the end of him, of course, but it's still kind of exhausting to see his status quo reset, then get chumped yet *again*. I trust Cates enough to believe Bob will get to have a big moment later as a result, but I hope he's left in a usable state afterwards.
    end of spoilers

The J-man

Fantastic Member

Oh for the love of... Well there had better be a good payback for this.