Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

can we get a count of how many people have been ripped in half in Marvel?

Carnage, Wolverine, Ares, spoilers:
    Sentry
    end of spoilers
    The J-man

I was trying to remember what this opening gambit of KIB #1 felt like and it reminded me of Avengers : No Surrender #1, the first issue, of Earth being displaced. It gave me very similar vibes where absolutely everything goes haywire, and nobody can do anything about it. If KIB follows “No Surrender”, then there is some other thing going on here, because Knull hasn’t destroyed the Earth immediately. He is looking for Venom’s son, Dylan, for some reason. The pic of the venoms covering the planet was very spectacular, but I was disappointed that Sentry was disposed of so quickly.

My initial solution to Knull was the Phoenix. I think it needs something just as crazy as the fire bird to stop a crazy like Knull.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-03-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Fantastic Member

Sentry IS due to appear in Aaron's Valkyrie tie-in early next year, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. He has survived worse deaths, for sure.

Of greater curiosity to me was Cates deciding to go with gold-and-blue Sentry, when the last time we saw him was red-and-black at the end of Annihilation Scourge.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no on-panel explanation for the shift back to standard colours.

A careless mistake or a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Sentry IS due to appear in Aaron's Valkyrie tie-in early next year, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. He has survived worse deaths, for sure.

Of greater curiosity to me was Cates deciding to go with gold-and-blue Sentry, when the last time we saw him was red-and-black at the end of Annihilation Scourge.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no on-panel explanation for the shift back to standard colours.

A careless mistake or a clue?
    I'm sure it will be touched on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm sure it will be touched on.
    I hope so. At the minute I am in a state of eye-rolling, inevitable resignation. It'd be nice, just for once, for Bob not to be just swept off the table in a major event. Or have to be the villain.

Remember during Bendis' Mighty Avengers run where Stark mentioned that Sentry had the potential to be one of all time greats? I'd like to see even a little of that, please.

What if Sentry/The Void is actually connected to the Symbiotes as it is a sort of symbiote itself?
    Hail Hydra!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    What if Sentry/The Void is actually connected to the Symbiotes as it is a sort of symbiote itself?
    I don't think I'd be too happy with that. The Void IS Robert Reynolds. Just like the Sentry is. He isn't possessed by a monster. Sentry and Void are just manifestations of Robert's ideal self/mental illness.

Mighty Member

2nd of December:

The day that MFF gives us the first look playable Sentry is the same day where Sentry is killed off in "KIB ".

So we see the Avengers but no Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), he was hardly featured in Empyre either.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    This is exactly what I thought was going to happen!

I thought the Void was going to revealed as Knull trying to poison one of the strongest Earth heroes

When Cates was writing Loki as Sorcerer Supreme and The Void possessed Strange, it behaved very Symbiote-like. What with possessing him and the way it acted was even similar to Knull. I do hope its touched upon.

BANNED

I don't know if they just put the color wrong for Sentry, but I personally prefer this design over the Red-Black one,
    Even though that story by Lemire was interesting.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Enjoyed this issue. My biggest compliment is that this event went straight to the point. No going through issues upon issues of setup and hoping it pays off. Knull means business.

Cates is the best thing to happen to Venom in a long time. I have complete faith in his work that that he'll deliver.

Reread the issue again last night. Parts of my complaints from my previous post are still there. Other posters say that the story gets straight to the point. However, I still feel that there's a quickness to the pacing. Delving deeper, I feel that there's a simplicity in the storytelling, most notably the art. Stegman has his moments like those dragons raining in from the sky. Still, I feel the art could have been bigger. Like those space land mines? It would have been cool if they were scattered all around the world. Or the arrival of the Celestials? It would have been awesome if there were dozens landing in the city rather than just 3. The battle with the Sentry? Think Bob should done more, like smash though more Celestial heads or lay in a good, nasty punch that sends Knull through a building before his demise at the hands of Knull. Now, what we got was great, but it could have been greater.

HOWEVER, rereading the issue led to more realizations, mainly that Cates subverts the epic format on its head. Tony coming up with space mines, Cap rallying the troops, the arrival of the X-Men with Prof. X giving some smart "goddess" quip, Venom linking himself up with the Hive in some last ditch effort, the appearance of the Sentry, honestly, that's the stuff you save for the end of the epic miniseries. But no. Cates starts off with it. And he systematically has Knull counter every single one of these plans.

That is f'king brilliant. And yes, that shows how Knull is a threat.

So yeah, the art could have been a bit grander in some parts, but the subversion of other parts was amazing. Can't wait what happens next!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So we see the Avengers but no Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), he was hardly featured in Empyre either.
    he will show up later with Blade to save the day
    The J-man