Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I don't see how they win. Better call in Thanos and Galactus to help out, maybe even Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath
    The J-man

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm was the girl that ate all the scenes she was in. Heavy-hitting goddess of the light!

I WIN!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Heads-up - it's very small in just one panel (I think), but there's a spoiler related to the events of DD #25. If you're a DD fan you might want to read that first, though it shouldn't impact enjoyment of either series if you don't.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So it’s gonna circle around Dylan, as expected...hope it’s not as “by the books” as that, though.

Fantastic Member

Guess I'll have to wait for Aaron's Valkyrie tie-in to see what happens. But man. Talk about lame.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Heads-up - it's very small in just one panel (I think), but there's a spoiler related to the events of DD #25. If you're a DD fan you might want to read that first, though it shouldn't impact enjoyment of either series if you don't.
    Lol I didn’t even notice until you mentioned it and went back and found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Lol I didn’t even notice until you mentioned it and went back and found it.
    I figured most might not even see it lol. But still, just wanted to throw it out there for those more eagle eyed than I - if I hadn't read DD first I probably wouldn't have noticed either.

Liked it. There were parts that were fast-paced. I was hoping to see more grandiose preparation on Cap's part, like armies of heroes stationed all over the world type of thing. Also, Cates' Absolute Carnage really amped up with the horror. Now, there was a horror/hopelessness aspect here. Cap's plans and preparation offered this sense of safety, but that tinge of horror was omnipresent throughout the book. But I was hoping for a bit more horror, a bit more hopelessness, y'know?

As for the special weapon, really surprised he showed up. He was in the Negative Zone last time saw him. Again, his presence was cool and the scene with him and Knull was a nice throwback. But honestly, there should have been a bit more of a fight.

In any case, the positives overrode the negatives. Looking forward to next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

This issue was too predictable honestly and way too fast moving. Knull solos all of Earth, Dylan is clearly the main plot device, Knull has a very funny and specific weakness to lightning, magic and cosmic power, which means Thor is gonna play a great role and in fact next issue as Brock is falling to his death, Thor swoops in and saves him because it's fairly predictable at this point.

Eh at least i hope it doesn't end as predictably as it started and Cates slows down a bit.

Also one funny thing is, i laughed out loud when they said Cap assembled street level heroes to help him as guys like Strange and Monica Rambeau are there... Come on Cates...

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Liked it. There were parts that were fast-paced. I was hoping to see more grandiose preparation on Cap's part, like armies of heroes stationed all over the world type of thing. Also, Cates' Absolute Carnage really amped up with the horror. Now, there was a horror/hopelessness aspect here. Cap's plans and preparation offered this sense of safety, but that tinge of horror was omnipresent throughout the book. But I was hoping for a bit more horror, a bit more hopelessness, y'know?

As for the special weapon, really surprised he showed up. He was in the Negative Zone last time saw him. Again, his presence was cool and the scene with him and Knull was a nice throwback. But honestly, there should have been a bit more of a fight.

In any case, the positives overrode the negatives. Looking forward to next issue!
    I definitely agree that it moved a little too fast. Could have been two issues instead of one. But I liked it also. Things actually felt quite dire as I was reading it, which is something most Marvel events don't do for me.

Generally I agree. It certainly moved fast but it was clear that Cates wanted to make a hit on the table with this issue. Stakes were high and it's been a long, long while since things got really dire for the heroes in an event like this. Both War of the Realms and Empyre, were not bad at all and I am not comparing in a quality sense here, were events similar in the sense that they were invasions, but even in their own main series I didn't feel like the stakes were THAT high, like the heroes always found a way to get the upperhand. Not here, Knull swatted them like flies and every plan they made he just undid. It was very nice and I am happy.

I know some people may feel this is Cates making Knull look scarier than anyone and that it is silly, but honestly, this is an event comic and he is the main villain and Knull has been hyped up for two years now. Anything less than this and people would say he was a push-over and not worth the hype (Like with Malekith in War of the Realms). I certainly think this was exactly what I wanted, and it even went a little extra mile too.

Amazing Member

At least Ares will approve of this issue........

I also liked it. Shameless, mindless edge lord fun.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    I am just really disappointed. I know that Sentry is due to appear in Aaron's Valkyrie comic, but I still hoped for more.
    As a sufferer of mental illness, I keep rooting for Bob, but he continually gets seems to be mis-used and under-developed.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

This issue was amazing but for some reason I think it was a dream better yet a nightmare of Dylan or Eddie

To the shock of no one, Knull one shots everyone. Dylan is the last line of defense.

Also shows how unprepared the Avengers were.