Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I'm gonna chuckle to myself silently when Ewing brings this up again in his upcoming tie-in, lmao.
    Oh yeah, IH is getting a tie-in to that, it'll be interesting if this possible connection between Knull and TOBA is confirmed, or funny if just talked about again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    So no Firestar? One character with a proven track record of being able to hurt symbiotes. Odd.
    Symbiote Dragons are explicitly not weak to fire unless in the most extreme amounts (and let alone the stuff like the Celestials or Knull himself) I don't think Firestar would have done more than Storm.

All-New Member

Default Colors in King in BLack #1

Frank Martin is the force that separates King in Black #1 from all other giant Marvel Comics event books. This is not a Spider-Man event book, this is a Venom event book, and the color palette is DARK. The darkness sets the tone for the series, and then Martin screams in your face with his electric blues, on-fire yellows, and deep blood reds. The colors used invoke emotion and get into your soul. King in Black #1 feels like the final chapter of 2020.

Review: KING IN BLACK #1 — An Action-Packed Blockbuster With Heart

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Props to Cates for managing to live up the hype he set up. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Sentry looks kinda jaundiced there. Must be liver failure from all those drugs.

Fantastic Member

Do we reckon Bob will have a say in how all this turns out, or did Cates bring him back in Doc Strange all those years ago in preparation to bolster his boy Knull?

Sentry has definitely survived worse deaths, so I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Symbiote Dragons are explicitly not weak to fire unless in the most extreme amounts (and let alone the stuff like the Celestials or Knull himself) I don't think Firestar would have done more than Storm.
    She doesn't use fire. But I guess what you are saying makes sense. It wouldn't be a compelling story if all they needed was Firestar to get rid of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Do we reckon Bob will have a say in how all this turns out, or did Cates bring him back in Doc Strange all those years ago in preparation to bolster his boy Knull?

Sentry has definitely survived worse deaths, so I am curious.
    I mean, scroll up two posts. He's back in Janaury. He'll be fine. Cates wouldn't take him down early and hard like that after bringing him back without having a larger role, but whether or not it'll be satisfying to us as Sentry fans is an open question. XD
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-06-2020 at 10:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The One Below All isn't a primordial darkness god.

He's more of an anti-God (and I mean the capital G).
    OBA's whole "My only weapon is hate" thing is basically wanting to return everything to nothing,
    so that all will be Quiet, as OBA accomplished in 9th Cosmos through Hulk.
    That motivation is basically the same as any other primordial dark god.
    Knull wants to kill all the light.
    Chaos King wants to consume all realities.
    Nyx wants to kill all the light.
    First Firmament wants to reabsorb everything, return to quiet or something.
    So OBA's not that different, just saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, scroll up two posts. He's back in Janaury. He'll be fine. Cates wouldn't take him down early and hard like that after bringing him back without having a larger role, but whether or not it'll be satisfying to us as Sentry fans is an open question. XD
    I actually speculated earlier that Sentry would have something to do with the God of Light. As seen in the Wraith special.
    Since Void is absorbed by Knull, you gotta wonder if the God of Light will see Sentry as a Herald of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I actually speculated earlier that Sentry would have something to do with the God of Light. As seen in the Wraith special.
    Since Void is absorbed by Knull, you gotta wonder if the God of Light will see Sentry as a Herald of Light.
    I mean, that could explain why he's looking extra golden there more seriously.

Fantastic Member

Without lettering, I see it as Sentry pointing out that he can't get back to/reconstitute his body with that symbiote shield covering Earth and half of himself inside Knull. Sentry Force Ghost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, that could explain why he's looking extra golden there more seriously.
    Interesting, I am thinking maybe something like Anti-Venom plus Sentry could be the God of Light,
    come on Cates, make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Interesting, I am thinking maybe something like Anti-Venom plus Sentry could be the God of Light,
    come on Cates, make it happen!
    Speaking of, I'm honestly shocked we've never seen May bonded. Aunty Venom seems like a gimme.