Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Props to Cates for managing to live up the hype he set up. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
    At least so far it's living up to the hype. And that does deserve massive props. I can't recall an event which has started out this fast and furious. Part of me is afraid it can't go anywhere but down from here... but Cates is a fun writer, so I think it'll be fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Speaking of, I'm honestly shocked we've never seen May bonded. Aunty Venom seems like a gimme.
    That could be an interesting twist one day, imagine Aunt May saving the day as Venom

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    That could be an interesting twist one day, imagine Aunt May saving the day as Venom
    AUNTY Venom, darn it!

I have just read Marvel Tales Knull #1 which covers Knull origin, Carnage’s connection to Knull, Thor’s connection to Knull, and the Planet of the Symbiotes Cage holding Knull in jail. There is a bit of mention of what Venoms son Dylan has to do with it, as Dylan has powers and can control Symbiotes, so I can see why Knull wants that boy. This is the first time I’ve read about this stuff, because I didn’t like the art, or anything about Symbiotes felt offbeat. But these 4 reprints issues laid a good groundwork of information that, to me, was too hard to process. All I could gather from it is, that Knull kingdom is all of empty space, and he wants the dark and quiet of space to return, and, the light and noise are interfering with this. So I can see Knull is going to get frustrated that the light and noise has a right to live just like the dark space in between.

I wonder if as Knull is all the space in between Stars, whether Knull controls all DARK MATTER in the universe too? Because science tells us there is a hella lot of DARK MATTER unaccounted for, but it is out there.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-08-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I have just read Marvel Tales Knull #1 which covers Knull origin, Carnage’s connection to Knull, Thor’s connection to Knull, and the Planet of the Symbiotes Cage holding Knull in jail. There is a bit of mention of what Venoms son Dylan has to do with it, as Dylan has powers and can control Symbiotes, so I can see why Knull wants that boy. This is the first time I’ve read about this stuff, because I didn’t like the art, or anything about Symbiotes felt offbeat. But these 4 reprints issues laid a good groundwork of information that, to me, was too hard to process. All I could gather from it is, that Knull kingdom is all of empty space, and he wants the dark and quiet of space to return, and, the light and noise are interfering with this. So I can see Knull is going to get frustrated that the light and noise has a right to live just like the dark space in between.

I wonder if as Knull is all the space in between Stars, whether Knull controls all DARK MATTER in the universe too? Because science tells us there is a hella lot of DARK MATTER unaccounted for, but it is out there.
    That's a very good question. I would suppose that the primordial living abyss he controls and (perhaps) comes from is somewhat separate from "space" as we've come to know it, though we still have the rest of King in Black to wait through to get a clearer answer on that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

preview for issue #2 is out, looks like it's all on Spider-Man he's got to fight the Avengers, FF and X-men
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    preview for issue #2 is out, looks like it's all on Spider-Man he's got to fight the Avengers, FF and X-men
    Yeah, that's Spider-Man all right...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that's Spider-Man all right...
    He will either beat them by the skin of his teeth or he will manage to escape from them (with Eddie Brock) by the skin of his teeth. At least, that's my expectation.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I bet someone is going to swoop in and get him out of there.

Donny has teased Silver Surfer: Black turning up, so could be him?

Silver Surfer would be great to see again, especially given his and Spider-Man's team-ups in the past.

Spider-Man needs to channel that guy who beat down Firelord years ago. That dude never loses
    The J-man

BANNED

It wont be Surfer, it's gonna be Thor.

It's pretty obvious Thor is being set up to confront Knull, the only question was which issue he will appear in and by the looks of the preview it looks like he is coming in the next issue.

Spider-Man needs to channel that guy who beat down Firelord years ago. That dude never loses
    Alone, outmatched and outgunned, Spider-Man makes his last stand against the Knullified Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men . . . and wins? That could be worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It wont be Surfer, it's gonna be Thor.

It's pretty obvious Thor is being set up to confront Knull, the only question was which issue he will appear in and by the looks of the preview it looks like he is coming in the next issue.
    Would make somewhat more sense.

Astonishing Member

I have my theory about Eddie and Spidey's unlikely survival/escape here. But being just a couple days before issue's out, I'll wait and see.