Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I have my theory about Eddie and Spidey's unlikely survival/escape here. But being just a couple days before issue's out, I'll wait and see.
    Probably the best course of action for now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I bet someone is going to swoop in and get him out of there.

Donny has teased Silver Surfer: Black turning up, so could be him?
    The original Nova Prime would be a great foil to the Knull dragon plague infecting the Universe. I love Nova Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Alone, outmatched and outgunned, Spider-Man makes his last stand against the Knullified Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men . . . and wins? That could be worth the price of admission.

Would make somewhat more sense.
    Could also be Bob. I know he jsut got ripped last issue but he's known to, you know, come back from the dead pretty quickly when he wants to and we know at the very least he'll be back in January with Valkyrie. It might be early for Thor to show up given the contents of his current title.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Could also be Bob. I know he jsut got ripped last issue but he's known to, you know, come back from the dead pretty quickly when he wants to and we know at the very least he'll be back in January with Valkyrie. It might be early for Thor to show up given the contents of his current title.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm always more negative than you when it comes to Bob. I'd love to see him have a big event moment that isn't a) Getting swept off the table, or b) Being the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm always more negative than you when it comes to Bob. I'd love to see him have a big event moment that isn't a) Getting swept off the table, or b) Being the villain.
    It's not about negative or positive. I can't speak for the end result or whether I'll like it. What it *is*, however, is having an understanding of the beats involved in storytelling based on what we already know.

Sentry can't come back next issue that's way too soon. If he comes back it has to be by the end of the event for dramatic effect or in another story. Bringing him back right after getting killed by Knull undercutts that entire scene.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Sentry can't come back next issue that's way too soon. If he comes back it has to be by the end of the event for dramatic effect or in another story. Bringing him back right after getting killed by Knull undercutts that entire scene.
    It's Sentry. He's come back the same issue before, and he's shown up alive in Return of the Valkyries in January. Death is nothing to him, though I have a feeling that might be changing.

Fantastic Member

From the March 2021 solits...

"KING IN BLACK: THUNDERBOLTS #3 (OF 3)

MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)

JUAN FERREYRA (A) • Cover by KYLE HOTZ

Variant cover by RIAN GONZALES

THE EXPLOSIVE FINALE!

What are the Thunderbolts doing with the Sentry’s body?
    Oh…Oh, no. Really? That’s the plan??? Well, as long as everything comes out all right in the end.

Wait, THAT’S how it ends??? YIKES.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99"

Hmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    From the March 2021 solits...

"KING IN BLACK: THUNDERBOLTS #3 (OF 3)

MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)

JUAN FERREYRA (A) • Cover by KYLE HOTZ

Variant cover by RIAN GONZALES

THE EXPLOSIVE FINALE!

What are the Thunderbolts doing with the Sentry’s body?
    Oh…Oh, no. Really? That’s the plan??? Well, as long as everything comes out all right in the end.

Wait, THAT’S how it ends??? YIKES.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99"

Hmmmmmm.
    Hmm indeed.

spoilers:
    I don't really understand the scope of Knull and his powers when it comes to possessing characters. If he can just easily possess superheroes, what's the point of gathering more of them and launching them en masse, as Blade proposes?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    what's interesting is in Spider-Woman it's established that Jess is immune to symbiote influence bc she's too radioactive. I'm bummed Spider-Woman removed her from the playing field for this event because she could have been a major player in the fight against Knull for that reason alone.
    end of spoilers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's Sentry. He's come back the same issue before, and he's shown up alive in Return of the Valkyries in January. Death is nothing to him, though I have a feeling that might be changing.
    I'm not arguing the character's capabilities I'm saying from a writter stand point it's dumb. That would undermine the entire first issue if he appeared first thing issue 2
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

Well he won't be back in issue two...

Blade being the calmest one in the room while everyone else is freaking out about Doomsday feels accurate. That's just a Tuesday for him.

Also Blade's conversation with Cyclops and Magneto is very telling about the current state of the X-men.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

That was Xavier, Cyclops got turned