Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    That was Xavier, Cyclops got turned
    wait Xavier walks now?! Dude I gotta start readig X-men again
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Excellent issue, but once again the mutants are not shown on their best light. Their level of egoism is impressive, one wonders if they are still heroes. We are at a point where Namor or even Dracula are more team player than them. (And he gave us the best Johnny Storm since Hickman)
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-23-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

Yea, definitely a bad look for the mutants, although they were the first to send help.

Liked this issue, though it seemed a little deus ex machina towards the end. Again, what Cates does with Knull is establish this sense of hopelessness and desparation, especially in the beginning. However, things settled in the middle when the heroes began to rally again and come up with contingencies. I liked that. Even in the midst of epic against a primordial darkness........yeah, it's just another Wednesday. They've gone up against invasions from space and other dimensions, mad titans, mystical threats, Beyonders, and what not. There isn't a feeling of loss, but rather a sense of challenge here.

At the same time, Cates gives some great call back's to recent 10-15 year continuity. Tony's use of spoilers:
    Extremis
    end of spoilers? Excellent! What Johnny did? Reminded me of what he did back in the Negative Zone. Love how Cates incorporates this rich recent past.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

who came first, Knull or Nyx???

geez, all this I predate the darkness, I was the first that came from the darkness, I am the darkness that predates the darkness stuff is confusing.

Fantastic Member

They should just have the band, The Darkness, sing Knull to pieces with a bit of "I Believe In A Thing Called Love."

BANNED

Any bets on whether Eddie will come back or not?

Anyways, the last two issues of the event will be
    "What's a King to a God"
    and
    "What's a God to a Nonbeliever",

is that from Dragonball TFS or is that just an internet meme?

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Of course he will lol.

"What's a King to a God"
    and

Google says these are lyrics from some music, but it could be older than that, very unlikely they put that there as a TFS reference lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Excellent issue, but once again the mutants are not shown on their best light. Their level of egoism is impressive, one wonders if they are still heroes. We are at a point where Namor or even Dracula are more team player than them. (And he gave us the best Johnny Storm since Hickman)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, definitely a bad look for the mutants, although they were the first to send help.
    Judging by the solicited cover for King in Black #4, they come back in a big way. Now, whether that's because Knull went after them on Krakoa or not . . . we'll have to wait and see.

That said, kudos to Johnny for coming through for his best bud . . . even if now we know how the Fantastic Four will be tying into the King in Black in their own book.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post

"What's a King to a God"
    and

don't disrespect frank ocean like that

So Cates and stegman literally just ignore everything about the sentry and just do whatever? He's dead... Yet its been stated he can't die unless bob wants to die and even that didn't make him stay dead. He's been erased before he was born.. still came back.
    Molecules dispersed.. Comes back. Here.. Dead with no explanation. Void just absorbed without so much as a middle finger? No one expected sentry to win but gd. Continuity be damned I guess. Oh also... No merged sentry because they "didn't know".

Quote Originally Posted by Agent james west View Post
    So Cates and stegman literally just ignore everything about the sentry and just do whatever? He's dead... Yet its been stated he can't die unless bob wants to die and even that didn't make him stay dead. He's been erased before he was born.. still came back.
    Molecules dispersed.. Comes back. Here.. Dead with no explanation. Void just absorbed without so much as a middle finger? No one expected sentry to win but gd. Continuity be damned I guess. Oh also... No merged sentry because they "didn't know".
    It's been implied at least one or two times that the Void is required for him to resurrect, so as long as Knull has it it may be possible that he can't.

That said, I'm concerned about thunderbolts 3. I hope that Bob gets his chance to, er, shine. I've ssaid before that I don't believe that Cates would bring him back in the first place just to casually kill him again.

Fantastic Member

I hope Cates has a plan. I even hope there is a real reason for Gold Sentry showing up, rather than merged.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I hope Cates has a plan. I even hope there is a real reason for Gold Sentry showing up, rather than merged.
    Gold.. as In before he was ripped apart? If that's what you are talking about he was regular sentry because they somehow didn't know he had been merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's been implied at least one or two times that the Void is required for him to resurrect, so as long as Knull has it it may be possible that he can't.

That said, I'm concerned about thunderbolts 3. I hope that Bob gets his chance to, er, shine. I've ssaid before that I don't believe that Cates would bring him back in the first place just to casually kill him again.
    Void just giving up sounds as far fetched as far as the character is concerned as it gets. And I don't remember it being said void is needed to be resurrected... Considering they are the same being. Kind of. They are all over the place with his character. continuity issues are just really annoying.