Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I guess I was wrong about Marvel not putting out a new main event so early. Like, they are really going for three big events back to back (Empyre, X Of Swords and King In Black). I'm usually not one to complain about event fatigue, but this seems a little too overkill even for me. Well, I still strongly believe in simply not reading what doesn't interest me and letting other people enjoy it if they like it, so... I guess it won't make that much of a difference for me either way.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I guess I was wrong about Marvel not putting out a new main event so early. Like, they are really going for three big events back to back (Empyre, X Of Swords and King In Black). I'm usually not one to complain about event fatigue, but this seems a little too overkill even for me. Well, I still strongly believe in simply not reading what doesn't interest me and letting other people enjoy it if they like it, so... I guess it won't make that much of a difference for me either way.
    This I agree with. Isn’t Swords of X going to have something like 16 chapters, too? I appreciate marvel making events a little less all-encompassing as they used to be, but they make that a negative by making another event to encompass the franchises they missed out in the previous.

We are in complete agreement here. I'm hyped for Empyre, but the rest I could care less about. Let the people who enjoy those enjoy them. I think this is a lot of events packed closely together, but what can you do.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Man, I just can't be hyped for this.

I am hoping Empyre is good but I just know this event will start with Knull beating everyone and the solution will involve Brock's sudden kid.

This has me fearing the Young Hero line and smaller titles getting trimmed are true.

Not one woman in that teaser?
    King of sausage fests.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    This has me fearing the Young Hero line and smaller titles getting trimmed are true.
    It's absolutely true. Marvel has been silently cancelling small titles left and right.

With things as they are, I guess Marvel wants to create a strong buffer sales-wise with multiple events.

I feel like I already know how the whole event will play out. But I'm just glad that this will finally end the constant "Knull is coming", "God is coming", "Knull is coming".

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Sales would indicate otherwise.
    Sales don't reflect quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    looks like the Bleeding Cool leak was dead on
    Actually it wasn't since it posited that Aaron will be co-writer. Which (fortunately) seems to not be the case.
    It's smaller but Iron Man 2020 is still ending. And there is probably going to be a Spider-Man mini-event for Last Remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    This I agree with. Isn’t Swords of X going to have something like 16 chapters, too? I appreciate marvel making events a little less all-encompassing as they used to be, but they make that a negative by making another event to encompass the franchises they missed out in the previous.
    X of Swords currently is slated to have 22 chapters + 2 preludes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With things as they are, I guess Marvel wants to create a strong buffer sales-wise with multiple events.
    Those certainly were planned before COVID hit, it's just that timing shifted around (and XoS got extended).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    We are in complete agreement here. I'm hyped for Empyre, but the rest I could care less about. Let the people who enjoy those enjoy them. I think this is a lot of events packed closely together, but what can you do.
    Same. Empyre seems like an event tailor made for my fan sensibilities, but the rest? Meh. I’ll probably pick up X of Swords, but none of the X books has blown me away thus far.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wonder how Thor will fit into this; especially since the he has an intimate connection to the God of the Symbiotes without Knull he would never have been Unworthy.

I think having Thor & Venom together (which I think never happened?) would be pretty dope

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Sales don't reflect quality.
    Again I ask: what is wrong with the current run?
    You say they’re doing a bad job of distancing Venom from Spidey but I don’t quite get why?

I may have a look at it, not a fan of Cates' work on Thanos and GOTG, he tries to got big and falls flat. Ruined my main character Thanos.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

couldnt they have waited until empyre actually starts?

BANNED

Now this is right up my alley

Big bad guy vs loads of heroes in NYC.

Empyre is OK so far from the two zero issues but this seems more my thing.

Expect tie ins galore if he’s coming to NYC.