Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Would Leonard Nimoy from "Transformers" also count? I don't imagine he did it for the love of it.
    Along the same token, Orson Wells made it abundantly clear that he did it for the money. He called essentially called it an extended toy commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Didn't Harrison Ford hate his time as Han Solo? His performance helped make that character iconic despite that.
    From what I’ve read, he eventually got tired of playing Han. I’ve never read anything about Ford hating the character start to finish though.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Would Leonard Nimoy from "Transformers" also count? I don't imagine he did it for the love of it.
    Not necessarily, many hollywood stars take voice rolls because their kids or grandkids love the movies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not necessarily, many hollywood stars take voice rolls because their kids or grandkids love the movies.
    Seems like Raul Julia taking the role in Street Fighter would be an example of this. While I have a feeling that he cashed the check, it's usually not the first thing folks bring up when they talk about the guy taking that role.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like Raul Julia taking the role in Street Fighter would be an example of this. While I have a feeling that he cashed the check, it's usually not the first thing folks bring up when they talk about the guy taking that role.
    I’ve GOT to think he had some fun chewing the hell out of the scenery in that movie. Prob. a guilty pleasure even as he was doing it.

Ultimate Member

I think I saw somewhere that Raul Julia loved playing M.Bison.

And he did it for his kids.

BANNED

From the way he has talked about it...

Harrison Ford/Blade Runner
    Harrison Ford The Force Awakens/Rise of Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Harrison Ford The Force Awakens/Rise of Skywalker.
    It seems to me that he loved being in force awakens, he finally got the chance to play that Solo's death scene he dreamed about for 40 years lol.

Christopher Lee would fit nicely in that thread i think.

He has been in a long list of bad movies but he always was quite the professional.

Andy Garcia in Ocean's 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think I saw somewhere that Raul Julia loved playing M.Bison.

And he did it for his kids.
    ^^^aw, that’s sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    It seems to me that he loved being in force awakens, he finally got the chance to play that Solo's death scene he dreamed about for 40 years lol.
    ^^^agreed. Whatever his reasoning, I’ve never heard him complain about this last outing as Han.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Andy Garcia in Ocean's 12.
    ^^^Which was it? Paycheck, I’m guessing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Brando - Superman
    Exactly who I thought of when I saw the thread.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Didn't Harrison Ford hate his time as Han Solo? His performance helped make that character iconic despite that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    From what I’ve read, he eventually got tired of playing Han. I’ve never read anything about Ford hating the character start to finish though.
    As I've heard it, it's not so much that Ford hated the role of Solo as much as he thought TESB matured the franchise from the popcorn film it had come from, and letting Han survive robbed it of some of the stakes in the story. Now, where it stood by the time of TFA, no idea.

Yes, Raul Julia did Street Fighter for his kids. And wasn't it his last movie?

Donnie Yen did Rogue One because of his kids. I believe he enjoyed doing it, but he did it because his kids like Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Robert Picardo, he came to my attention in Star Trek: Voyager. It was a medicare to terrible show, yet he put in his all in every scene. Became a favourite character quickly. In other performances he holds up to that standard.
    Picardo's Emergency Medical Hologram is the best modern Trek doctor. I used to think Voyager was mediocre as well, but after seeing Star Trek: Discovery I'm willing to bump Voyager up to competent.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-12-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest