Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Max von Sydow in Strange Brew. It's a skill to be so over the top and still be menacing.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Max von Sydow in Strange Brew. It's a skill to be so over the top and still be menacing.
    No question Max must have had a great time with the McKenzie Brothers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No question Max must have had a great time with the McKenzie Brothers.
    I hope they went out for an Elsinor after shooting.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^aw, that’s sweet.

^^^agreed. Whatever his reasoning, I’ve never heard him complain about this last outing as Han.

^^^Which was it? Paycheck, I’m guessing.
    Garcia is the only actor that gave a good performance in a celebrity self worship movie that was terrible.

Ah. That isn’t what we’re talking about but ty.

But yeah, I’m not a fan of those Ocean’s movies. I’ll stick to the original.

Fantastic Member

While we're on the subject of remakes... I hear Edward Norton really dislikes the 2003 Italian Job and tells his fans not to watch it. Now, he's not exactly wrong. That film is completely unnecessary and forgettable. Norton does however do a good job of playing a sleazy villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    While we're on the subject of remakes... I hear Edward Norton really dislikes the 2003 Italian Job and tells his fans not to watch it. Now, he's not exactly wrong. That film is completely unnecessary and forgettable. Norton does however do a good job of playing a sleazy villain.
    Lol, it reminds me of the opposite, with the Incredible Hulk. It's hard to see such a serious, dedicated actor in that role, and yet apparently he was so serious and so dedicated to the point of becoming overbearing and essentially a difficult boss to work with (as star and writer), which is why we have Ruffalo now.

Like, if he's serious about roles he's ashamed of, I'm worried about the roles he really digs into.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How about Alan Rickman from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves? Supposedly he hated the role but did it anyway, and was a bright spot everyone liked in the film because of his memorable melodrama performance.
    Really? He was my favorite part of that movie!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From the way he has talked about it...

Harrison Ford/Blade Runner
    I thought Harrison liked the role, but hated that the studio interfered and demanded changes. Specifically the narration- they demanded a narration to clarify the film, and he was forced to do it. And he did it in a flat, uninterested voice thinking that if he did a bad job, they'd never use it. And then they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Denzels done alot of films for the money and hes never bad. First film that jumps out is 2guns. Buddy action film with marky mark. No way that wasn't for the money but as usual he was a joy to watch in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I remember Denzel agreed to do Virtuosity (1995) because his son requested he appear in an action movie.
    I was going to say Virtuosity, which is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Would Leonard Nimoy from "Transformers" also count? I don't imagine he did it for the love of it.
    Are you talking about the animated movie, or Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon? For DotM, he did it because Michael Bay is a part of his family through marriage, I believe, and Bay asked him one day and he agreed.

One that comes to mind for me is Sean Connery in Diamonds are Forever. It is one of the weaker Bonds, but I remember Connery being pretty good in it. And he donated his entire paycheck to charity, which was a nice little bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Denzels done alot of films for the money and hes never bad. First film that jumps out is 2guns. Buddy action film with marky mark. No way that wasn't for the money but as usual he was a joy to watch in it.
    I gotta agree here. I honestly can't think of these movies that Denzel might have done just for the money, but man he is good in everything.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/