Default And I thought that Bleeding Cool was into muckraking...

They have nothing on Bleeding Fool https://bleedingfool.com/comicsgate/...le-comic-pros/ This is the sign of a dead industry isn't it?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-11-2020 at 09:39 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    They have nothing on Bleeding Fool https://bleedingfool.com/comicsgate/...le-comic-pros/ This is the sign of a dead industry isn't it?
    That's the comicsgater site right? It's just garbage that's best ignored

Incredible Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's the comicsgater site right? It's just garbage that's best ignored
    That's 100% what it is. Alt-right troll trash. Couldn't even be bothered to come up with their own logo.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

That's good to know. That isn't a site that I go to, but my phone sent me a link to that article! I don't go to alt-right sites (quite the opposite) so I wonder why my phone got that article link!

This site isn't really much better these days. They just come at it from a different extreme political perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    This site isn't really much better these days. They just come at it from a different extreme political perspective.
    Eh, I don't have a lot of love for how listicle focused CBR is these days but you really can't claim it's anything close to Bleedingfool. One is racist/sexist garbage and the other is just clickbate and there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gap between those two.

Bleeding Fool is muckraking by the alt-right. CBR is muckraking by, for lack of better term, the alt-left in that there's not even an attempt anymore to gather information before decreeing something racist, sexist, transphobic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Bleeding Fool is muckraking by the alt-right. CBR is muckraking by, for lack of better term, the alt-left in that there's not even an attempt anymore to gather information before decreeing something racist, sexist, transphobic, etc.
    CBR is not even close to anything even remotely resembling the alt-left; it's just uninspired writing and click bate articles with more ads than writing.

The only way one could think CBR was alt-left would be if you were a comicsgater...I mean, just try and find one, single article on the front page that has anything similar in tone to complaining about the writers at Marvel or DC being too white, there being too few female writers or not enough people of color on the Justice League because any of that would be legitimately be alt-left.

Go ahead, find me an article even remotely close to any of that, I'll wait.

Meanwhile, one can go to Bleedingfool and easily find a dozen articles about how diversity is bad and women are out to destroy comics.

With that comparison laid out I think it's clear to see the difference.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-04-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Best to stay away from the toxicity of far right sites.

Amazing Member

Ouhh really. Thanks for the warning since I'm not good at politics.