Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Default Hawkeye in the DC Universe?

Just binged the JLA/Avengers crossover from 2003/2004. I thought Wally & Clint winning the day was pretty entertaining. I also think it's super cool that the crossovers are technically in canon for both universes (at least before recent reboots, as far as I know). I think it would be very interesting to see a sequel or like a single character crossing universes.

I think at one point there was a rumor of something like this happening (I think it was Static Shock switching publishers for a year?), but nothing ever came of that. Since I was not sure where to put this, there's two versions of the thread. This one is for Clint Barton being sent to the DC Universe at some point after JLA/Avengers.

What point would you put him in? Is there any particular moment where a character might "tap" an outsider for help?

Here's a link for the other thread, dedicated to Wally West in the Marvel Universe.

Always Rakzo

You can check him in any of Tom Taylor's DC work.

Seriously though, as enjoyable as JLA/Avengers was, I never really liked Ollie's portrayal there, nor any of the DC characters for that matter. Kurt Busiek is a good writer but he clearly has a better handle and is more fond of the Marvel characters. The biggest problem that I had with the interactions between Ollie and Clint is that was all based on "Oh, they're both archers! Wouldn't it funny if they argued constantly with each other about who is the better one?" instead of focusing on their personalities and differences.

Yeah, but that was BARRY and Clint, not wally west.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, but that was BARRY and Clint, not wally west.
    To be fair, there's not a lot of difference considering how Busiek wrote them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    To be fair, there's not a lot of difference considering how Busiek wrote them.
    But if it doesn't matter who it was, let us just say it was Jay or Bart or Max.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Yep I found out in the companion thread that is was Barry and not Wally. However IIRC it was mostly Wally & Clint hanging out.

I think dumping Fraction era Clint in the middle of Tower of Babel would be fun.