Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Default Wally West in the Marvel Universe?

Just binged the JLA/Avengers crossover from 2003/2004. I thought Wally & Clint winning the day was pretty entertaining. I also think it's super cool that the crossovers are technically in canon for both universes (at least before recent reboots, as far as I know). I think it would be very interesting to see a sequel or like a single character crossing universes.

I think at one point there was a rumor of something like this happening (I think it was Static Shock switching publishers for a year?), but nothing ever came of that. Since I was not sure where to put this, there's two versions of the thread. This one is for Wally West being sent to the Marvel Universe at some point after JLA/Avengers.

What point would you put him in? Is there any particular moment where a character might "tap" an outsider for help?

Here's a link for the other thread, dedicated to Clint Barton in the DC Universe.

I'm not sure where that Static thing came from - and it is just Static by the way, Static Shock was the name of his cartoon. It was She-Hulk and one of DC's other (non-Milestone) heroes that would've switched places.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought it was Barry Allen Flash that teamed w. Hawkeye at the end.
    Gonna have to go back and read that part, then smack myself in the head.

BANNED

He will be powerless in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    He will be powerless in the MU.
    It’d be cool if he tapped into the Power Cosmic to get his speed in the MU.
    It’d set him up to interact w. Galactus’ Heralds, and Galactus himself, who’d want to know who this other dimensional yay-hoo was, and how he was manipulating the PC. Cue Fantastic Four team up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I thought it was Barry Allen Flash that teamed w. Hawkeye at the end.
    Gonna have to go back and read that part, then smack myself in the head.
    Yes, it was Barry Allen Flash, not wally west.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh ok. Thought my old age was catching up w. me.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

D’oh. That’s my bad. Wasn’t Barry dead at the time? I wanna say the Flash & Green Lantern were both phasing through multiple versions of themselves at the time.

Oh ok. Thought my old age was catching up w. me.
    No prob. That happens with all the changes in comics.

BANNED

It’d be cool if he tapped into the Power Cosmic to get his speed in the MU.
    It’d set him up to interact w. Galactus’ Heralds, and Galactus himself, who’d want to know who this other dimensional yay-hoo was, and how he was manipulating the PC. Cue Fantastic Four team up as well.
    Galactus may try to eat him and find him indigestible and go O @#$*!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    D’oh. That’s my bad. Wasn’t Barry dead at the time? I wanna say the Flash & Green Lantern were both phasing through multiple versions of themselves at the time.
    In the final battle members of the Avengers and JLA throughout time were coming and going. As well costumes were changing as well.

I think at one point there was a rumor of something like this happening (I think it was Static Shock switching publishers for a year?), but nothing ever came of that. Since I was not sure where to put this, there's two versions of the thread. This one is for Wally West being sent to the Marvel Universe at some point after JLA/Avengers.
    During the original Marvel vs Dc storyline the idea was tossed around.

I remember Gambit and Catwoman were both mentioned as being potential swaps.

There was also an unofficial crossover set around the time of the first Crisis where in one Marvel book, a blonde superfast guy suddenly appeared wearing a torn up red and yellow costume. He can't remember his name, but thinks it was something like "Buried Alien." he ends up winning some cosmic race and being declared "the fastest man alive."

As far as I know, he's still in the marvel universe and has taken the name FastForward.

No prob. That happens with all the changes in comics.
    ^^^Well, you saved me needless wallowing in self pity, so ty.
    I mean, if a man ain’t got his obscure comic book knowledge, he ain’t got nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There was also an unofficial crossover set around the time of the first Crisis where in one Marvel book, a blonde superfast guy suddenly appeared wearing a torn up red and yellow costume. He can't remember his name, but thinks it was something like "Buried Alien." he ends up winning some cosmic race and being declared "the fastest man alive."

As far as I know, he's still in the marvel universe and has taken the name FastForward.
    ^^^i’m not too up on this guy, but you seem to have it right!

Last edited by Riv86672; 07-12-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Yes, Barry was dead from the Crisis on Infinite Earths event in the late 80s through to 2009, but in this story, characters were switching out with members of older Avengers and Justice League teams, so you had Wally turning into Barry, Kyle Rayner turning into Hal Jordan (who was the Spectre at the time but appeared there as Green Lantern), random other Avengers and JLAers being swapped out. At one point they lose their telepathic link due to Martian Manhunter getting swapped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    During the original Marvel vs Dc storyline the idea was tossed around.

I remember Gambit and Catwoman were both mentioned as being potential swaps.

Isn't there a member here called Buried Alien because of that character?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-12-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^^^Well, you saved me needless wallowing in self pity, so ty.
    I mean, if a man ain’t got his obscure comic book knowledge, he ain’t got nothing!
    You are most welcome, my friend.

Hahaha, yes, I agree. And to quote, "If ya don't got your comics knowledge, ya ain't got didley!"