Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Her mother wanted her to be

Attachment 98705
    Ah...alright.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Can anyone give me some information on Daytripper regarding Magik's soul sword?

I know that for a while Daytripper was in charge of Limbo, until Magik took it back. I remember an eXcalibur story where Shadowcat suddenly was able to summon the sword, and thought she should keep it, to honor Illyana. Daytripper convinced her otherwise, and she took the sword and gave it to her mother.

However, at that time, her mother had moved from a time of weakness on the Winding Way to a time of strength, and had basically (as I remember) tricked Daytripper into giving her the sword.

At that time, I moved away from the X-books, so I never knew what happened with that story line. Is it possible to give a brief explanation, or was it something that became too major for a simple explanation?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Can anyone give me some information on Daytripper regarding Magik's soul sword?

I know that for a while Daytripper was in charge of Limbo, until Magik took it back. I remember an eXcalibur story where Shadowcat suddenly was able to summon the sword, and thought she should keep it, to honor Illyana. Daytripper convinced her otherwise, and she took the sword and gave it to her mother.

However, at that time, her mother had moved from a time of weakness on the Winding Way to a time of strength, and had basically (as I remember) tricked Daytripper into giving her the sword.

At that time, I moved away from the X-books, so I never knew what happened with that story line. Is it possible to give a brief explanation, or was it something that became too major for a simple explanation?
    Basically Margali used the sword to kill other magic users so she could dominate the winding way. She joined the British branch of the Hellfire Club. Fought Excalibur when she kidnapped Douglock. I believe Belasco comes after her and captures her. She then needs Amanda and Excalibur to help her. Belasco is defeated. Margali decides to leave the soulsword to Amanda and she becomes the new Magik of Limbo.

Spectacular Member Ruby Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Basically Margali used the sword to kill other magic users so she could dominate the winding way. She joined the British branch of the Hellfire Club. Fought Excalibur when she kidnapped Douglock. I believe Belasco comes after her and captures her. She then needs Amanda and Excalibur to help her. Belasco is defeated. Margali decides to leave the soulsword to Amanda and she becomes the new Magik of Limbo.
    She was then deposed and cast out of Limbo by Belasco during the Quest for Magik arc in New X-Men. That's when Illyana was resurrected and the Soul Sword was returned to her.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Thanks so much Will & Ruby! I appreciate the info!

I’d love to see her come back in that pink witch costume! She would have made an awesome Avenger in that.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’d love to see her come back in that pink witch costume! She would have made an awesome Avenger in that.
    This one??

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    This one??

That one.

Her best costume in my opinion. Of course could be modernized, but she looks good in pink.