Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bobby Barnes for Wonder Boy

During the Phil Jiminez run I thought they were leading up to this it's never too laterWONDERBOY 0.jpg

Adorbs!!!!

I still wonder why they did that Jason nonsense when a WonderBoy already existed.

I've always imagined the Wonderfolk becoming champions of different parts of the world, which needed their own champions. I have imagined each wearing a uniform that reflected the culture or celebrated colors of the societies, they protected, ..to inspire the people in those places to fight for love and freedom, as Wonder Woman and the Amazons always have. Going with that and recalling his uncle's devotion to Africa, I imagine Bobby Barnes being a Wonder Boy in some troubled West African republic, like Gambia or Cameroon.

Truthfully, Prince Jason's bisexuality surprised me, while a bisexual Bobby Barnes, because of the way Phil Jimenez wrote him, wouldn't have surprised me, at all. He would be the second or third LGBT male in the Wonder Woman Family, behind Hercules and Achilles.

I appreciate that he's wearing the signature Wonder-shorts. Considering Diana has been running around half-naked, since World War II, I find it hard to respect a Wonder, who hasn't bared some flesh, at sometime in their careers.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-12-2020 at 04:05 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    During the Phil Jiminez run I thought they were leading up to this it's never too laterWONDERBOY 0.jpg
    I like the idea and the design!

What would his lasso do?

I definitely think a younger male character would have been a stronger pick than someone of equal age.

But really, I'd take anyone over Jason.

But the name Wonder Boy? Meh. While I dont mind there being a male supportive hero character ( but prefer ,the focus be on Donna or Cass, etc) the name shouldnt be so derrivative. Plus we already have had two Wonder Girls... I'd prefer more of an "Olympian" or " Argonaut" vibe (or whatever) than "Wonder this " or " Wonder that "

An "Old-Time" feel could be "Bobby Barnes the Wonder Boy".

But I don't know if that flys well nowadays, and Bobby would probably need the secrecy of his real name these days.

I feel like "Wonderboy" should be an actual son of Diana and Steve.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    But the name Wonder Boy? Meh. While I dont mind there being a male supportive hero character ( but prefer ,the focus be on Donna or Cass, etc) the name shouldnt be so derrivative. Plus we already have had two Wonder Girls... I'd prefer more of an "Olympian" or " Argonaut" vibe (or whatever) than "Wonder this " or " Wonder that "
    Yeah, I think there's place for a male supporting hero like Olympian but never got the desire or felt there was a missing niche for a straight up "Wonder Boy" sidekick.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I wish we had more than one Wonder Woman book so we can have Sensation COmics back, and a backup feature that was styled after a more whimsical old-school type of comic book storytelling. In this context, a Bobby Barnes: aka Wonder Lad story would be fitting (although I do love Bobby and the Jimenez story in which he was introduced, and I would have no problem with him being an actual supporting player in Diana's main book. In fact, the only "Wonder Dude" I have ever truly liked is Bobby. And by the way, Trevor Barnes is another aspect of the Jimenez run that I loved. I didn't care too much about how, at times, he seemed like a perfect Gary Stu, but I genuinely liked his demeanor and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Not lovin’ this color scheme. It’s too...Halloween.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    That's gonna take a long time

Earth 2 would have been perfect place for that idea. He could've been with Kara and Helena.

Bobby looks cool tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Not lovin’ this color scheme. It’s too...Halloween.
    I think the colors work for the art and looks good on the character.

I feel like Diana and Steve's k8d should be a daughter ( if and when it happens in the long distant future).... Kal and Bruce already have given us sons...