Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I feel like Diana and Steve's k8d should be a daughter ( if and when it happens in the long distant future).... Kal and Bruce already have given us sons...
    I get that, that would be first thing that most people would assume. Diana having a daughter seems basic and easily expected, no? However, seeing as there is actually a decent amount of people that genuinely want to see a male hero in WW with powers, this would be a natural way to do it without breaking Diana's origin. No Jason needed. I like Achilles and Patroclus and wish that Simone's versions be brought back. There is a lot of positives that COULD come out of Diana having a son if done properly. For starters the notion that Diana would not love him because he is a boy, that was not a hot take I needed in Justice League. Same thing with the amazons. We could see Diana's training and education in real time through the lens of a boy. It could show that education young men about women's achievements actually helps with their development and treatment of women in the future. Not to mention the few times in non-canon stories were she did have a son he was often neglected and raise poorly. It doesn't even need to be in a distant future, have a story were Steve and Diana are trapped in a pocket dimension where time moves slower and when they are freed they have a 12-13 year old son with them when only like 24 hours has pasted in the real world.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Honestly, I'd be against giving WW a son because it'd probably just turn into another Jason situation or another avenue for writers to make the Amazons misandrists.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    But the name Wonder Boy? Meh. While I dont mind there being a male supportive hero character ( but prefer ,the focus be on Donna or Cass, etc) the name shouldnt be so derrivative. Plus we already have had two Wonder Girls... I'd prefer more of an "Olympian" or " Argonaut" vibe (or whatever) than "Wonder this " or " Wonder that "
    For young boys, the only way I see Wonder Boy working is giving him a costume and attitude that visually distinguishes him from Diana and the ladies. That's what I would have wanted, when I was a boy!

While fanboys, big and small, would cheer on a male Wonder, I think we would like him to be independent of the girls, while still being squarely in the family and following Diana's lead. TV's Andros of Antares was basically a male Wonder Woman, with cosmic and telekinetic powers. As with Andros, the name and uniform, maybe origin also, would be a good way to distinguish him from his sister heroines.

We don't really know anything about Bobby Barnes! Did he grow up in the inner cities, Chicago...America? Did he grow up, exploring the African and Arabian lands, with his uncle? Will he be the DCU's second West Indian superhero, after the Empress, in Young Justice? What kind of Wonder Boy would he be? I think, like Diana, he should go where oppressed masses yearn to breathe free ..and can be inspired to fight for their freedom, by a hero.

I think he needs more hair, if he's going to rock that crown...like some dreds, maybe? Should he wear a crown, considering he isn't the Amazon champion? I think the Crown of Victory should be an honor reserved for Diana, alone...period.

Amazing that Andros, Rama and, very briefly in WOGs, Perez's Hercules are the only attempts we've seen to give a true male Wonder*, in close to a century...

*During John Byrne's run, following Zero Hour, Byrne briefly turned a heroic Hercules into a villain, who pretended to be a Doc Savage styled, superhuman hero, named Champion, ..before returning him to heroism, at the end of the story arc.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-15-2020 at 05:32 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    During the Phil Jiminez run I thought they were leading up to this it's never too laterAttachment 98633
    Such a great design. I love it!

I’m a fan of extended “families” of characters. It’s way past time some more Wonder relations get invited to the party that Diana, Hippolyta, Donna, Artemis, and Wonder Girl are attending.

I need greater focus on Steve and Etta being part of the family.

Warkiller and Nu’Bia are a must too.

I’ve got a story in mind that brings Andros into the fold and I’d welcome this Wonder Boy too.

I don’t know if it’ll ever happen, but I’d also LOVE to see a Lyta Trevor eventually arrive as Fury. (I miss her.)

More characters means more diversity and more opportunities for dramaz. That’s what I want.

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I’ve created a whole new team of characters that are supporters of Diana and I’d love to see their interactions with all these Wonder characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m a fan of extended “families” of characters. It’s way past time some more Wonder relations get invited to the party that Diana, Hippolyta, Donna, Artemis, and Wonder Girl are attending.

I need greater focus on Steve and Etta being part of the family...
    While some of us may differ on bringing Bobby as a Wonder Boy, back, I think most of us want a Wonder Woman Family, ..with or without male Wonders. Mala, Wonder Dog, Queen Desira, Artemis, Nubia, Mister Genie and the rest...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-15-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

i would have his Lasso have the ability to absorb others people's ability like drain Superman of his Strength or Batman of his Detective skills making unable to think properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like the idea and the design!

What would his lasso do?

wONDER BOY 0.jpgDC should really do something with this.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    DC should really do something with this. [See image in post.]
    The artist, who does these Wonder Boy drawings is Luciano Vecchio. He actually has a WB costume for sale, online now. Have you seen it? http://www.pinkmason.com
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-16-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I feel like "Wonderboy" should be an actual son of Diana and Steve.
    Wonder Baby. Wonder Tot.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Hunter should come back. HUnter and Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hunter should come back. HUnter and Fury.
    Ugh to Hunter. And Fury is Earth Two WW's daughter. She can come visit or we csn go visit her on her Earth. Doesnt need to be this Earth WW's kid... and lets just say, no kids for Diana any time soon

Trevor and Bobby haven't appeared in the latest reboot Earth but wonder how he will get powers: gods, tech, Circe,

On an idea if DC wanted to be more "progressive" they should have Bobby go by they and use the name Wonder They

Pass.

Cart before horse.

The Wonderverse needs so many other things done right BEFORE it even starts thinking about something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    On an idea if DC wanted to be more "progressive" they should have Bobby go by they and use the name Wonder They
    If you're thinking of a non-binary character (and I don't know if that's "progressive" or merely a reflection of that fact that some people claim a non-binary identity - Alantiades did!), I think that would be Wonder Child. Who could use the pronouns they, them, theirs, if desired. After all, neither Donna Troy nor Cassie Sandsmark ever went by "Wonder She."

Of course, Adam Warlock originally went by the name of Him (or "HIM!")....

(As things currently stand, do we believe Donna Troy ever used the name Wonder Girl?)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/