Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Makes me wonder how many of you actually have kids cause if you think that's as easy as just say no to the kids or to put some codes on internet or the tv you're amusingly naive.

Education is the key here cause in the end if your kid does not watch something you don't want him to, that's because HE decides not to, cause you made him understand, not because you tried to block the internet access.

I mean, you really think that if your kid wants to watch infinity war or whatever you're going to stop him? Really? When his friend Tommy or whatever has the bluray at home or that he can directly watch it on the phone of his other friend Bobby from the zillions of free streaming sites existing?

Believe me I know. My childhood was some time ago without internet or so. But it was easy even then to watch stuff that you was not old enough for. VHS or watching the movie on TV in the night^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Parents can't control their kids fully anymore. Kids...teens find ways to get their hands on something and hope they don't get caught by their parents.

Studio and distributors need to be a lot more specific with their entertainment content. Disney's main face is kid friendly content, they pride on that but they go around buying studios and movies that is more vague with their content. when they start selecting and choosing what to keep or not, the censorship debate blows up in the air.

Kids seeing what you see as mature content is more about risk taking. I wonder if James Cameron knew that a naked kate Winslet and a strong implied sex moment with leo dicaprio would give him the highest grossing film of all time.

All of you that saw boobs and butts in films when you were kids don't seem all that affected, not many parents think their kids would be that lucky. they destroyed Janet Jackson's career for this reason after Superbowl 2004
    First I would not think that the nude scene and the sex scene after that would be really what made Titanic the most sucessful movie for quite some time.
    That would be more what made Basic Instinct so sucessful.
    Second it is always funny that nudity or even implied sex is something to make a scandal out of, but violence is not really talked about much.
    See Facebook for an example of that doublestandard. What makes a nude breast so bad I will never understand.
    That is what made the Superbowl "scandal" so stupid. And that most did not even see it at first. The news calling it out with slow-motion to see something made it the scandal. The "concerned" parents came after that.