Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Brunhilde the Valkyrie in Secret Avengers. I was surprised/impressed that she fit in as well as she did, having primarily only been with the Defenders (on Earth).

Val also well-followed orders by Cap and Black Widow, without question or wanting to be team leader.
    She was never created for a team. The character was a supporting character for Thor for years.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    She was never created for a team. The character was a supporting character for Thor for years.
    When Brunhilde was "created" by the Enchantress, she was Amora's plaything. Then, Amora empowered Barabara Norriss with the Valkyrie's essence to free herself, the Executioner and their erstwhile allies, the Defenders, from the clutches of the sorceress Cassiolena. After that, Valkyrie stayed with the Defenders for years.

The Thor cameos were just brief background showings. After all, Brunhilde is an Asgardian demigoddess.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    When Brunhilde was "created" by the Enchantress, she was Amora's plaything. Then, Amora empowered Barabara Norriss with the Valkyrie's essence to free herself, the Executioner and their erstwhile allies, the Defenders, from the clutches of the sorceress Cassiolena. After that, Valkyrie stayed with the Defenders for years.

The Thor cameos were just brief background showings. After all, Brunhilde is an Asgardian demigoddess.
    ^This.^ However, The Valkyrie is, and yet is not a team created character.

Valkyrie was a disguise The Enchantress adopted to turn the female Avengers against their comrades as Lady Liberators. However, she imposed that persona on the insane Barbara Norris in The Defenders. Both The Enchantress and Barbara Norris were created outside teams.

So created for a team? Yes-ish. Created as part of a team (in either form)....? Bit more complicated.

Overall, I'd say yah. Team creation.

Wow, that was a good one!