Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    All of those were written by the same writer: Greg Pak and all those events were building towards HoTM. Not sure how I contradicted myself?
    If writers change, opinions change, and canon changes, then Pak, according to your words, thinking anything is pretty meaningless. That's just the opinion of one writer. Anything thereby being "definite" is pretty thoroughly contradictory. Anything he intends would be "definite" only for as long as he is the writer, then immediately ceases to be so once he is not. That's just your words.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    If writers change, opinions change, and canon changes, then Pak, according to your words, thinking anything is pretty meaningless. That's just the opinion of one writer. Anything thereby being "definite" is pretty thoroughly contradictory. Anything he intends would be "definite" only for as long as he is the writer, then immediately ceases to be so once he is not. That's just your words.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant that different writers have different opinions. Those feats I mentioned were all Pak and all of them were tied in to HoTM (also Pak). The OP is using issues from a completely different writer, from a completely different storyline. Hope that helps.

That said, yeah, writers won't always agree on power levels. Several of them have made it clear by this point. It sucks but what can we do?

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant that different writers have different opinions. Those feats I mentioned were all Pak and all of them were tied in to HoTM (also Pak). The OP is using issues from a completely different writer, from a completely different storyline. Hope that helps.

That said, yeah, writers won't always agree on power levels. Several of them have made it clear by this point. It sucks but what can we do?
    No, you were entirely clear. It's just that by your standards, the Hulk can't "definitely" do anything. Your basis for discounting the OP is "well that's a different writer from a different storyline". If anything you say makes sense within itself, that means once a writer's ouvre and storyline ends, their stuff has no meaning anymore.

To be consistent with your line of reasoning? Not claim characters can do anything outside of what they've currently shown they can do under the most recent person writing them.

And that's kinda being generous to the logic involved.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    No, you were entirely clear. It's just that by your standards, the Hulk can't "definitely" do anything. Your basis for discounting the OP is "well that's a different writer from a different storyline". If anything you say makes sense within itself, that means once a writer's ouvre and storyline ends, their stuff has no meaning anymore.

To be consistent with your line of reasoning? Not claim characters can do anything outside of what they've currently shown they can do under the most recent person writing them.

And that's kinda being generous to the logic involved.
    Once again, I am not seeing how I contradicted myself. All the feats I mentioned thus far were written by the same writer. Unlike the OP, who cited a different one. There would be a contradiction if I were citing another, different writer, but I wasn't.

So if I am understanding correctly, you think some never-before-seen-or mentioned wizard making a star for some reason sounds more plausible than differing writer opinions? That's...quite the odd take, but no judgement.
    Yes, because one is an in comic explanation which fits continuity and another is your assumption that Pak forgot about it (which you've no way to prove).

Funny how that works.