Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Incidentally

Also once again show me where it was stated that Hulk was bolstered by reality warping wishes?
    The above scan shows Hulk was still drenched in wishing well energy. You know the same energy that made Wendingo and others so much stronger

Wow. So, @intothevoid, aside from the wildly fluctuating power levels displayed in HOTM, had you stopped to consider the whole wishing well magic thing, that that contributed as much to Hulk's level of strength in that story as anything else? I mean...Bi Beast and Wendigo were far stronger than they'd ever been, to the tune of a 1000 x stronger...but Hulk was able to match and defeat them, oh...but his showing was completely clean? Please...

Did Hulk bust a planet in HOTM? Yup.

Was it clean? Not. Remotely.

Edit, as already touched on by Dork.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Dork's scan literally points to the fact that Hulk has extra magic energy in his body. Not even touching the other arguments.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yeah the only time Hulk ever world busts is not just Hulks power. It is jazzed by something else.

Coming from another board to revive a dead thread, posting links from another board as evidence and quoting expert members of another board treads very close to board warring/board invasion territory.

Intothevoid, this is your warning. Don't post on this thread again. Don't engage in similar behavior on another thread in Rumbles. Failure to abide these instructions will result in penalties.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Spectacular Member

Well I don't think the magical energy itself led to someone becoming stronger. Bi-Beast and Wendigo became stronger because Hulk accidently wished them into being stronger
    https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Bi-Beast06.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    Well I don't think the magical energy itself led to someone becoming stronger. Bi-Beast and Wendigo became stronger because Hulk accidently wished them into being stronger
    https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Bi-Beast06.jpg
    That was the errant nature of the wishes. Hulk wished for a real fight, it lead to Bi-Beast and Wendigo becoming a 1000 x stronger than they'd ever been.

Incredible Hulk vol 3, 631.10 - Hulk makes a wish.jpg

Incredible Hulk vol 3, 631.12 - Bi Beast and Wendigo 1000x stronger.jpg

This was a direct result of wishing well magic.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Just to further note, one didn't even have actually utter a wish for it to happen, just think it. This happened a few times in that story arc.

As far as being amped by wishing well magic to bust a planet? Hulk wished to fight, die and fight some more. One would find it hard to believe, aside from having already dueled evenly with Bi-Beast and Wendigo who were explicitly stated to be a 1000 x stronger than they were prior to Hulk's wish for "real fight"....that Hulk's wish to "fight, die and fight some more" not only resulted in Hulk's death, but Hulk's new found ability to rise to the level of planet buster.

Incredible Hulk vol 3, 634.4 - Hulks wish verbalized.jpg

Incredible Hulk vol 3, 634.6 - NO ONE SURVIVES.jpg

Incredible Hulk vol 3, 634.7 - Hulks wish to break world.jpg
    ----------------------

Amazing Member

I really don't see the "debunk" here, to be frank. You are citing decades old comics that have nothing to do with HoTM or Greg Pak. Writers change, opinions change and to that end, so does canon. The Dark Dimension has been portrayed inconsistently over the years. Hell, the "no star can be born" bit is outright contradicted by the appearance of an actual star in Pak's run.

Setting this aside, Reed feared that Skaar and Green Scar would literally split Earth in half should they fight in Planet Skaar: Prologue. Even holding back, he almost sank the Eastern Seaboard just by walking and just his prolonged presence was about to destroy the American continent. He'd definitely destroy the Earth and then some, if he cut loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I really don't see the "debunk" here, to be frank. You are citing decades old comics that have nothing to do with HoTM or Greg Pak. Writers change, opinions change and to that end, so does canon. The Dark Dimension has been portrayed inconsistently over the years. Hell, the "no star can be born" bit is outright contradicted by the appearance of an actual star in Pak's run.

Setting this aside, Reed feared that Skaar and Green Scar would literally split Earth in half should they fight in Planet Skaar: Prologue. Even holding back, he almost sank the Eastern Seaboard just by walking and just his prolonged presence was about to destroy the American continent. He'd definitely destroy the Earth and then some, if he cut loose.
    Appearance of a star doesn't contradicts anything. "Wizards" could later stabilize gravity.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Appearance of a star doesn't contradicts anything. "Wizards" could later stabilize gravity.

Sorry, but I am not seeing the connection? I don't recall seeing anything about a wizard making that star.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Sorry, but I am not seeing the connection? I don't recall seeing anything about a wizard making that star.
    That's a likely explanation for how stars were formed in Dark Dimension rather than Pak just forgot about it and created a star.

When you say this:

Writers change, opinions change and to that end, so does canon.
    Saying this:

He'd definitely destroy the Earth and then some, if he cut loose.
    Does not fit.

If writers change, opinions change, and canon changes, there is no "definitely" anything.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    That's a likely explanation for how stars were formed in Dark Dimension rather than Pak just forgot about it and created a star.
    So if I am understanding correctly, you think some never-before-seen-or mentioned wizard making a star for some reason sounds more plausible than differing writer opinions? That's...quite the odd take, but no judgement.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    When you say this:

Saying this:

Does not fit.

If writers change, opinions change, and canon changes, there is no "definitely" anything.
    All of those were written by the same writer: Greg Pak and all those events were building towards HoTM. Not sure how I contradicted myself?