Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanos vs. Composite Godzilla

Composite Godzilla of all movies, shows, comics and books, etc.

The consensus was that Composite Godzilla easily beats Hulk in another recent thread of mine, so let's up the ante by a huge margin and toss him at Thanos of 616 Marvel.

They fight on an indestructible planet.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-12-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Godzilla have any resistance to the mind whammy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Godzilla have any resistance to the mind whammy?
    Moments after posting the thread it dawned on me that Thanos would be best served to do that strategy.

I have been furiously wracking my brain since then lol. I'll get back to you when I've finished refreshing my knowledge, but possibly he does not.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

What little I remember so far is not looking great.

Heisei Godzilla encounters a human psychic by the name of Miki. Her powers are nebulous. Before and after her confrontation with G, most of what she does is use telepathy to track the monsters, make small prophecies/predictions and pick up on emotions.

She knocks herself unconscious trying to divert Godzilla back into the ocean and away from his target. Partially successful. Godzilla DOES pause and change direction, but he does not really retreat to the ocean. Just changes course away from the power plant he was originally targeting.

In the recent Legendary films, he flat ignores Ghidorah's "alpha call". This call summons all dormant monsters into action and has them hunting as a pack worldwide against human populations.

I'm unclear on how closely this resembles telepathy however. It comes across as more of a D&D or RPG "control animal" or "animal allegiance" kinda deal. He roars once, puts all non Godzilla creatures under his thrall and then silently controls them from across the globe afterwards until his death.

I'll keep looking but that's what I've got for now. =/
    - big_adventure

Seems like he gets whammied then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Seems like he gets whammied then.
    Seems that way.

Does it particularly change anything if we DO treat the Alpha Call as true telepathy?
    - big_adventure

Arbitius has yet again fallen for one of the classic blunders.

Delightful.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arbitius has yet again fallen for one of the classic blunders.

Delightful.
    How about YOU make a fight thread for once, huh!? :P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    How about YOU make a fight thread for once, huh!? :P
    I did, must have missed it what with all the failed trap-laying.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I did, must have missed it what with all the failed trap-laying.
    Oh my god. I stand corrected.

Still... *lays trap for Cthulhu*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - big_adventure

Mind whammy isnt really needed here as Zill is nowhere near as durable as Surfer, or classic Drax and Thanos can literally rip them in half if he wanted to. Godzilla cant take planet busting punches afaik.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Composite Godzilla is a mass of demon bats that can all fire atomic breath, at the very least without a mind whammy it gets amusing.

Which also might speak to mental staying power now that I think about it.

Arx Inosaan

We should have a Pre-Crisis Godzilla. A Godzilla that is as powerful as the regular Godzilla compared to a human but instead Pre-Crisis Krptonians. It should rival Jupier Gorilla in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Mind whammy isnt really needed here as Zill is nowhere near as durable as Surfer, or classic Drax and Thanos can literally rip them in half if he wanted to. Godzilla cant take planet busting punches afaik.
    What feats does Thanos have that suggest he could rip OG Drax in half?
    - big_adventure

More psychic resistance stuff, courtesy of IDW comics:

Twin evil psychics named Mallory and Minnette try to mentally enslave him. It fails miserably as they are blasted away. They are completely shocked at being unable to control him.

Previously, they had been enslaving multiple giant monsters- usually with a single word. They also could shield the minds of other people (a girl named Lucy) from being psychically scanned by other psychics. The twin fairies that safeguard Mothra have some level of telepathy but were being actively blocked by Mallory and Minnette.

As Cthulhu states above, IDW comic Godzilla also has crazy willpower. From sheer force of will, he can influence and corrupt a horde of demons who had just eaten him - forcing them to act as his new flesh.
    - big_adventure