Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default New Mutants #11 review spoilers

Mondo grabs fragments of Armor's shattered armor and protected himself. He then grabs Wildside and heads for the Nightmare girl. Wildside managed to touch Nightmare girl and gave her good dreams. The Nightmare girl wakes up from her good dreams and everybody trapped in her nightmare is released.

All the New Mutants who were released felt very weak and couldn't fight the Russian army who wanted to kill them. Luckily, Magik arrived on time and teleport them back to Krakoa.

The Morlock Healer healed the New Mutants who were caught in the nightmare and noticed traces of anesthetic in their blood, they need a few days of good rest and food in order to recover.

Dani ordered the French twins to take care of the Nightmare girl who were also brought into Krakoa by calming her down with their empath powers.

Not an interesting issue....except when Wildside called the New Mutants 'baby X-Men' before he went back to the MLF.

Dani and team then planned a move on their next adversary who is a anti-mutant blogger that reveals the addresses of new mutants that might become targets of hate crimes. Guess who is at the kitchen preparing food for the New Mutants and will be joining the team next issue...
    Last edited by ericng; 07-22-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Pretty boring and uninspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Pretty boring and uninspired.
    Yeah this book needs a new mission statement (and writer) after the DOX storyline and X of Swords are done.

I legit only read for the french twins praying they snap and we get some new villains at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I legit only read for the french twins praying they snap and we get some new villains at this point.
    That would be the only good thing to come out of this. I'm afraid he's going to turn them into completely good guys. So boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That would be the only good thing to come out of this. I'm afraid he's going to turn them into completely good guys. So boring.
    They should be Shaw’s little shitstirrers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They should be Shaw’s little shitstirrers.
    Ooh I'd love that. Shaw is missing some telepaths on his side.

This book just feels like it’s going nowhere and is just being used to cameo characters that aren’t being featured in particular anywhere else.

I wish it was more focused on the Sextant, and seeing what the younger mutants are doing.

No more MLF? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    This book just feels like it’s going nowhere and is just being used to cameo characters that aren’t being featured in particular anywhere else.

I wish it was more focused on the Sextant, and seeing what the younger mutants are doing.
    Completely agree, put it out of it's misery.
    It's like a different book from the space arc.
    Last edited by misty101; 07-22-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post

Agreed. There should be a lot of dynamics to play with by using the Sextant as a setting and all of its various members

Hickman's New Mutants has been so fun. This other issues have been boring filler. They are even separating them in the trades.

Generic and a terrible cast. Glob and the twins? No thanks.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Actually didnt mind this. It would have been better with a better artist. Cant wait for Reis' return

I still think this book is fine. To me, it's a lot less offensive than most people think it is. The concept is interesting, and I love the idea of DOX. It just needs to scale down the cast a bit and gain a little focus. I don't really think Brisson needs to go (because that probably means Boom Boom is no longer the lead), but a little guidance and maybe a new artist could improve the book.

I'm so glad I dropped this after Hickman's arc. Everything I have read about the series since just seems boring and phoned in.