Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

So... what was the actual 'comics' news?
    All I'm seeing mentioned here are other media.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

As far as I know, only the Ridley's Batman and the return of Milestone comics. That's all

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I wish they hadn’t said Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad was going to be a franchise. Not only does that mean it’s unlikely we’ll get a Justice League game anytime soon (as they could spinning out of this) but I don’t see what sort of plot line is going to match ‘take on the Justice League’ in any future games.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    So... what was the actual 'comics' news?
    All I'm seeing mentioned here are other media.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    As far as I know, only the Ridley's Batman and the return of Milestone comics. That's all
    Pretty much this. In light of the gutting of DC Comics, it's especially telling how little they brought up the source material. Even if I'm skipping them, no mention of Joker War (their two biggest cash cows going at it in a big, totally final death match), Death Metal (cosmic Batman event with Wonder Woman as the play-by-play commentary), or any of their current big draws over in the YA market. Both announced projects are pretty neat, but they didn't care at all to promote what fans can go out and buy right now. We're full-stop an IP farm, boys and girls.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-23-2020 at 02:41 AM.

They'll mention that stuff on September 12th. I see Joker War, Three Jokers, DCeased, and Death Metal among the features for WatchVerse.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think they'll be on repeat.
    Yeah, it's just the same eight hours looped three times, so there's nothing new now. We're an hour and a half into the final loop.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-23-2020 at 03:33 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “What about X” is not the compelling defense you think it is. That’s called deflection. What Superman game has been given the development time and budget that Arkham Knight got? And the boss fights in Knight were worse than the ones in Origins. The Batmobile was a disappointing bore and the “fights” with it were lame. The “twist” with Todd was painfully obvious and everyone saw it coming, especially with the jarring info dump they gave right before the reveal about who Todd even was. Scarecrow was utterly wasted and overshadowed by yet another Joker plot. It reviewed well at the time but it hasn’t held up well at all.
    In yet for all these complaints Arkham Knight was still an extremely highly acclaimed game. It easily had the best and tightest combat of any of the Arkham games (which already were top tier for superhero games) and mechanical wise anything Batman related was amongst the best mechanics of the series. Yes it had so-so boss fights and the Batmobile as a function was fine it was just over used.

Put it this way, there isn’t a Marvel game that is as good as it. Even the Spider-Man games aren’t mechanically as good or have as cohesive of stories. Maybe Spider-Man 2 is the closest. On the DC side it’s only comparison are it’s predecessors in that line of games and it still has the outright best gameplay of the bunch.

We’ve seen multiple attempts at Superman games. None are even a quarter as good as it.

Everything’s relative. It’s easy to compare AK to what many would consider two other top 5 superhero games all time and say “well it wasn’t as good as those two”. But even a lot of that comes with concessions. AA had better atmosphere but it’s boss fights weren’t much better and it has worse gameplay and is more linear. So it’s a trade off. AC is clearly the best one. But you are still comparing 3 incredible games to each other and saying one wasn’t as good as if it’s reasonable to assume a Superman game would be any better

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I wish they hadn’t said Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad was going to be a franchise. Not only does that mean it’s unlikely we’ll get a Justice League game anytime soon (as they could spinning out of this) but I don’t see what sort of plot line is going to match ‘take on the Justice League’ in any future games.
    Take on Darkseid

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Take on Darkseid
    Then play LEGO DC Super Villains? That is literally the same thing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Any AQUAMAN news?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Any AQUAMAN news?
    Aquaman 2 is happening. OceanMaster is back

Retired

Jason Momoa was conspicous by his absence. He couldn't pre-tape anything for the Snyder Cut or AQUAMAN 2? Not even an audio clip?

Based on some of the posts above, it seems there is some confusion about DC FANDOME.

DC FANDOME is a TWO-PART event:

Part 1: Saturday, August 22 - HALL OF HEROES

Part 2: Saturday, September 12 - EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...two-part-event

Part 1 summary:
    On August 22, fans will be transported into the DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes, the epic world designed personally by Jim Lee and featuring special programming, panels and exclusive reveals from DC films, TV series, games, comics and more. The supercharged eight-hour show will air three times during a 24-hour period, allowing fans all across the world the chance to experience DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes in their own universe. The superpowered event will begin at 10:00 am PDT at DCFanDome.com.

DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes opens its doors on Saturday, August 22, at 10:00 am PDT, with an eight-hour show that will air three times during a 24-hour period.

Part 2 summary:
    On September 12, DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse will offer DC fans the experience of a lifetime, with full access to more than 100 hours of on-demand content, beginning at 10:00 am PDT. This is the time for fans to suit up and determine their own adventure, selecting from exclusive panel sessions, screenings and never-before-seen content from the DC Multiverse of films, television, comics and games. Fans, your timeline awaits—at your own pace and on your own schedule. Choose your path wisely with the help of the official DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse program scheduler found at DCFanDome.com. It doesn’t have the 12th-level intellect of Brainiac, but it will certainly be a great guide to help you explore the Multiverse on September 12!

DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse will be unleashed on Saturday, September 12, at 10:00 am PDT, with 100+ hours of content available on demand, to watch on your own schedule, for 24 hours.

DC Kids FanDome also launches on Saturday, September 12, at 10:00 am PDT, with its own kid-friendly companion site at DCKidsFanDome.com, accessible on demand for 24 hours.

The exact TIME SCHEDULE of events is posted at https://schedule.dcfandome.com/
    Right now, only the August 22 schedule is online. As stated above, the September 12 DC Fandome works differently in that you can choose what convention panels to watch when you want to watch it. It's NOT a continuous 8-hour block like yesterday's event.

So, it seems like the September 12 event won't be exclusively comics, but it will contain more comics news than what we got yesterday, which is understandable given how in flux things have been at DC this year and given that DC really does have to prioritize the non-comics stuff that has the most promotable value and rakes in the biggest bucks over their publishing projects.

However, I'm sure we'll hear a lot more about the bookstore material in the September 12 e-convention that DC will be focusing on going forward -- along with the higher profile LCS projects like Joker War, Death Metal, more Milestone, etc.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 08-23-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Based on some of the posts above, it seems there is some confusion about DC FANDOME.

DC FANDOME is a TWO-PART event:

Part 1: Saturday, August 22 - HALL OF HEROES

Part 2: Saturday, September 12 - EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...two-part-event

Part 1 summary:
    On August 22, fans will be transported into the DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes, the epic world designed personally by Jim Lee and featuring special programming, panels and exclusive reveals from DC films, TV series, games, comics and more. The supercharged eight-hour show will air three times during a 24-hour period, allowing fans all across the world the chance to experience DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes in their own universe. The superpowered event will begin at 10:00 am PDT at DCFanDome.com.

DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes opens its doors on Saturday, August 22, at 10:00 am PDT, with an eight-hour show that will air three times during a 24-hour period.

Part 2 summary:
    On September 12, DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse will offer DC fans the experience of a lifetime, with full access to more than 100 hours of on-demand content, beginning at 10:00 am PDT. This is the time for fans to suit up and determine their own adventure, selecting from exclusive panel sessions, screenings and never-before-seen content from the DC Multiverse of films, television, comics and games. Fans, your timeline awaits—at your own pace and on your own schedule. Choose your path wisely with the help of the official DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse program scheduler found at DCFanDome.com. It doesn’t have the 12th-level intellect of Brainiac, but it will certainly be a great guide to help you explore the Multiverse on September 12!

DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse will be unleashed on Saturday, September 12, at 10:00 am PDT, with 100+ hours of content available on demand, to watch on your own schedule, for 24 hours.

DC Kids FanDome also launches on Saturday, September 12, at 10:00 am PDT, with its own kid-friendly companion site at DCKidsFanDome.com, accessible on demand for 24 hours.

The exact TIME SCHEDULE of events is posted at https://schedule.dcfandome.com/
    Right now, only the August 22 schedule is online. As stated above, the September 12 DC Fandome works differently in that you can choose what convention panels to watch when you want to watch it. It's NOT a continuous 8-hour block like yesterday's event.

So, it seems like the September 12 event won't be exclusively comics, but it will contain more comics news than what we got yesterday, which is understandable given how in flux things have been at DC this year and given that DC really does have to prioritize the non-comics stuff that has the most promotable value and rakes in the biggest bucks over their publishing projects.

However, I'm sure we'll hear a lot more about the bookstore material in the September 12 e-convention that DC will be focusing on going forward -- along with the higher profile LCS projects like Joker War, Death Metal, more Milestone, etc.
    100 hours of content... and you only get 24 hours to access it? Going to be real easy for some news to slip through the cracks depending on who here watches what?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Aquaman 2 is happening. OceanMaster is back
    Rad, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    100 hours of content... and you only get 24 hours to access it? Going to be real easy for some news to slip through the cracks depending on who here watches what?
    I do agree about this.

I think that this DC Fandome e-convention event is such an unprecedented thing in the comics industry that, after the September 12 event, the entire two-part Fandome should be permanently put online at their YouTube channel so that we can go back and rewatch everything and refer to it on an as-needed basis.

I didn't watch yesterday's Fandome as I really don't want to devote my Saturday to something like this, but if it were always available, I would go and watch it piecemeal until I was done with everything I was interested in.

From the feedback, DC really pulled it together yesterday and put on a really well-polished extravaganza. It would be a shame to see all that work and effort simply disappear forever.