Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,323

    Default The DC FanDome Virtual Event Thread!



    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...the-dc-fandome
    https://www.dccomics.com/dcfandome

    For people who don't like links:


    What is DC FanDome?

    DC FanDome is a free, global, 24-hour virtual convention taking place on August 22!

    What can I expect from it?

    In the weeks between now and then, DC will feature exclusive articles covering all facets of DC fandom, from games, TV, movies and, comics!

    A 24-HOUR, IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL FAN EXPERIENCE
    WHICH BRINGS THE UNIVERSE OF DC TO LIFE AND FEATURES
    THE STARS, FILMMAKERS AND CREATORS BEHIND ITS
    BIGGEST FILMS, TV SERIES, GAMES AND COMICS

    Join fans from all 7 continents for the largest gathering of talent,
    announcements and content reveals in the history of DC


    Imagine all the Super Heroes and Super-Villains you’ve ever loved finally coming together in one place to celebrate DC’s past, present and future. Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theaters worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984.


    The DC FanDome is the place to hear highly anticipated announcements and the latest news, see exclusive footage, and venture into themed worlds designed to entertain everyone from movie and TV superfans to gamers and readers, to families and kids. With special presentations to engage fans in every time zone across the globe, you’ll have the opportunity to have an experience that’s all your own. Inside this virtual world, fans will also get access to localized events, featuring the faces and voices from countries around the world in their local language. No matter where you live, your age or your level of fandom, there is something for you.

    How will it work?

    The epicenter of the DC FanDome is the Hall of Heroes, where you can experience special programming, panels and content reveals from a wide variety of films, TV series and games, available in several languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. From there, navigate deeper into the DC Multiverse, exploring five additional satellite worlds, each with its own localized content and unique activities and one world fully devoted to our younger fans!

    DC WatchVerse: Here's where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.

    DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.

    DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.

    DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.

    DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.


    Pull Up to the Blerd & Boujee House
    Where my Blerds at? The second annual celebration of Black nerd culture returns with the all-new Blerd & Boujee House at DC FanDome, bringing Blerds, LatinxGeeks and all nerds “party-with-a-purpose” vibes. As anyone lucky enough to get into the first-ever Blerd & Boujee boat party (featuring DJ D-Nice) at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 can attest, fans will not want to miss connections and conversations designed for the culture.




    Can fans participate?

    Yes!

    There’s nothing more important to DC than our fans, and we want to showcase you! In partnership with Talenthouse, DC FanDome launched a call for your best DC Fan Art & Fandom displays. Show us your cosplay, makeup, tattoos and even your own Batcave!

    Be sure to submit your best at https://dcfandome.talenthouse.com/en for a chance to be featured inside this virtual world event, and demonstrate to people across the globe that you are the ultimate DC Super Fan. Selected artists on the day of our event will be voted on by the community in each of our two competitions in order to help our judges pick selected artist winners. Selected artist winners will receive part of a cash prize pool courtesy of DC and Talenthouse
    .

    SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS FOR THE DC FANDOME!
    On August 22, we will celebrate our amazing fans in the DC FanDome. We want your voice heard and your important questions answered.
    Please submit your questions here via text or video. There's no limit on the number you ask or the DC costumes you wear. It's you, our fans, who put the fan in FanDome!
    https://questions.dcfandome.com/

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    Since introductions are out of the way, what are you guys looking forward to? What questions are you going to submit? What do you wish to be announced?

    I'm looking forward to all the things announced even if they don't pertain to a character or team I like. I'm just very desperate to be excited about anything DC nowadays.

    I'm hoping for Injustice 3 announcement, new animated shows, HBO Max exclusive content, and solo books or mini's for characters I like (keeping my expectations low for this one).

    I'm most likely going to have work so I won't catch all the news at once so anyone is free to post content revealed or things they experienced.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Should also be noted that DC will have comic focused panels for the comic Con digital events on the 24th and 25th.

    Movie side, I'm curious if they want to move back to more connected storytelling. They've been getting more hits lately.

    Comic side, I would like to know what's happening after Death Metal.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,508

    Default

    I honestly have some big hopes for this event. It seems like DC is going full-force with this and it sounds pretty interesting. I'm definitely curious to see how it works because it's such a new thing they're doing here.

    It is almost 90% confirmed we are going to finally see the reveal of the new Batman game from WB Montreal and possibly the Suicide Squad game from Rocksteady. I wouldn't rule out Injustice 3 either, or maybe teasing other DC games.

    I'm looking forward to hearing more info about The Batman and Gunn's Suicide Squad...maybe more costume reveals and a trailer? Also hopefully more concrete information about DC/WB's film slate in general.

    Some more news about Young Justice would be appreciated. Harley Quinn series renewal? More new cartoons? What's next for DC Super Hero Girls?

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Injustice 3 or the rumored Arkham and Suicide Squad games would be cool to see.

    I’m personally hoping to see more HBO Max/DC Universe/TV announcements. I would love to see a trailer for Green Lantern and Justice League Dark, though with all that’s going on I’m not sure how feasible that truly is. I’m not too excited for live action movies as of late but you know what they can always surprise me, plus I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was interested in seeing how Black Adam would work.

    Other then that by that point I would love to hear plans for comics in January/February once Death Metal is over, don’t have to go into good detail just hint at title names and creative teams, I’ll accept just a list of title names.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Only really interested if they have a second trailer for WW '84 and plans for the line post-Death Metal. Maybe a solicitation date for Wonder Woman Historia.

    No interest in any of the likely DC video games given they'll all be heavily Batman and friends focused.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-12-2020 at 06:54 PM.

  7. #7
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Since introductions are out of the way, what are you guys looking forward to? What questions are you going to submit? What do you wish to be announced?

    I'm looking forward to all the things announced even if they don't pertain to a character or team I like. I'm just very desperate to be excited about anything DC nowadays.

    I'm hoping for Injustice 3 announcement, new animated shows, HBO Max exclusive content, and solo books or mini's for characters I like (keeping my expectations low for this one).

    I'm most likely going to have work so I won't catch all the news at once so anyone is free to post content revealed or things they experienced.
    My main interests for what I want to see from this:
    1. Animation news, DTV films and TV shows, including clips and previews/trailers
    2. Live action film and television news, including clips and trailers/previews
    3. Any upcoming Kids/Zoom/YA/Ink titles. I've been enjoying quite a few of these, looking forward to more.
    4. Any upcoming Black Label titles. Hopefully we'll get something else on the level of Harleen.
    5. Any other out of continuity or standalone one shot, OGN, or miniseries.

  8. #8
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My main interests for what I want to see from this:
    1. Animation news, DTV films and TV shows, including clips and previews/trailers
    2. Live action film and television news, including clips and trailers/previews
    3. Any upcoming Kids/Zoom/YA/Ink titles. I've been enjoying quite a few of these, looking forward to more.
    4. Any upcoming Black Label titles. Hopefully we'll get something else on the level of Harleen.
    5. Any other out of continuity or standalone one shot, OGN, or miniseries.
    Now that you mention it, feels like it's been a while since they've mentioned new books.

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    As far as I understand, they will keep this event more for movies/tv/animation/games announcements, judging by the fact that they still have panel at Comic Con. But if they'll keep big news about comicbook plans for Fandome, I just want to know, what are their plans for post-Death Metal continuity. Maybe some information about next titles, new writers.
    About everything else. First of all I wait for some confirmation about their upcoming movies. There are a damn bunch of rumors about Zatanna, Raven, Constantine, Batgirl, Batman Beyond, Keaton's or Bale's Batman return, etc. Just want them to make things clear about their plans. And, of course, some news about Flashpoint and Black Adam. I hope they'll announce next Superman movie, but I doubt that will happen)
    Some information about their already announced TV-shows, like Green Lantern Corps and Justice League Dark, they've just announced them and that's it. And I hope we'll see some news about next Young Justice season, at least release date. Don't give a damn about CW-shows, except maybe Legends. And I also hope that they will announce their slate of new animation projects. There seem to have already been some hints that there will be something interesting on this part.
    Regarding games, well, it's already clear, that we're getting Batfamily, Suicide Squad and probably Injustice 3.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Well, for various reasons, DC editorial has been a little hectic this year. Hopefully a strong push for this kind of event suggests they finally have their eggs in a row and want to show out.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Well, for various reasons, DC editorial has been a little hectic this year. Hopefully a strong push for this kind of event suggests they finally have their eggs in a row and want to show out.
    I assume Comic Con will have teasers, maybe list the name of titles, and Fan Dome will be the place where they give details and creative teams. Kind of like when they did Rebirth.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    As far as I understand, they will keep this event more for movies/tv/animation/games announcements, judging by the fact that they still have panel at Comic Con. But if they'll keep big news about comicbook plans for Fandome, I just want to know, what are their plans for post-Death Metal continuity. Maybe some information about next titles, new writers.
    About everything else. First of all I wait for some confirmation about their upcoming movies. There are a damn bunch of rumors about Zatanna, Raven, Constantine, Batgirl, Batman Beyond, Keaton's or Bale's Batman return, etc. Just want them to make things clear about their plans. And, of course, some news about Flashpoint and Black Adam. I hope they'll announce next Superman movie, but I doubt that will happen)
    Some information about their already announced TV-shows, like Green Lantern Corps and Justice League Dark, they've just announced them and that's it. And I hope we'll see some news about next Young Justice season, at least release date. Don't give a damn about CW-shows, except maybe Legends. And I also hope that they will announce their slate of new animation projects. There seem to have already been some hints that there will be something interesting on this part.
    Regarding games, well, it's already clear, that we're getting Batfamily, Suicide Squad and probably Injustice 3.
    Admittedly this being an online convention makes it easier to sell the new season of Batwoman without dealing with all the ill will towards the creative decisions they've been making for the second season.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly this being an online convention makes it easier to sell the new season of Batwoman without dealing with all the ill will towards the creative decisions they've been making for the second season.
    oh yeah, I definitely feel bad for Batwoman. I'm sure the new actress will do her best, and I hope that things go well for her and the show, but its hard to say how things will go after you completely replace the main character after only one season of a show set in a shared universe. It definitely has an uphill battle coming its way.

    Besides that when it comes to other dc tv, I do hope to see the other CW and HBO max shows do well, and I really want to see who the Green Lantern show will focus on/star.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-13-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My main interests for what I want to see from this:
    1. Animation news, DTV films and TV shows, including clips and previews/trailers
    2. Live action film and television news, including clips and trailers/previews
    3. Any upcoming Kids/Zoom/YA/Ink titles. I've been enjoying quite a few of these, looking forward to more.
    4. Any upcoming Black Label titles. Hopefully we'll get something else on the level of Harleen.
    5. Any other out of continuity or standalone one shot, OGN, or miniseries.
    I have no hope for the comics anymore.

    I do hope we get some great news about animations...specifically cartoons aimed for the younger audiences.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    My concern is in the "we can use your submitted fan art for anything basically" part of the terms and conditions of fan art contest submission

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •