Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Should also be noted that DC will have comic focused panels for the comic Con digital events on the 24th and 25th.

Movie side, I'm curious if they want to move back to more connected storytelling. They've been getting more hits lately.

Comic side, I would like to know what's happening after Death Metal.
    Wonder what DC is going to show off at comic con. I had no idea they were going.

I'm also curious of what DC has planned after Metal. I was so looking forward to a cohesive timeline structure but that seems abandoned now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly have some big hopes for this event. It seems like DC is going full-force with this and it sounds pretty interesting. I'm definitely curious to see how it works because it's such a new thing they're doing here.

It is almost 90% confirmed we are going to finally see the reveal of the new Batman game from WB Montreal and possibly the Suicide Squad game from Rocksteady. I wouldn't rule out Injustice 3 either, or maybe teasing other DC games.

I'm looking forward to hearing more info about The Batman and Gunn's Suicide Squad...maybe more costume reveals and a trailer? Also hopefully more concrete information about DC/WB's film slate in general.

Some more news about Young Justice would be appreciated. Harley Quinn series renewal? More new cartoons? What's next for DC Super Hero Girls?
    DC is definitely going full force with this event. This is the most aggressive I've seen them.

I hope there's more games showcased. I'm meh on the rumored SS and Batman game.

I'm very interested in the direction of the movies. I'm kinda interested in SS more than ever after seeing certain set leaks. The Batman has also caught my interest even though I'm tired of his content. See how Bats can suck you right back in?

Oh yeah, I forgot about YJ. I wonder if they're gonna mention the elephant in the room and talk about the DC Universe streaming service. Just throw everything in HBO Max and make it comics only.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Injustice 3 or the rumored Arkham and Suicide Squad games would be cool to see.

I’m personally hoping to see more HBO Max/DC Universe/TV announcements. I would love to see a trailer for Green Lantern and Justice League Dark, though with all that’s going on I’m not sure how feasible that truly is. I’m not too excited for live action movies as of late but you know what they can always surprise me, plus I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was interested in seeing how Black Adam would work.

Other then that by that point I would love to hear plans for comics in January/February once Death Metal is over, don’t have to go into good detail just hint at title names and creative teams, I’ll accept just a list of title names.
    I wish to see more stuff behind HBO Max shows and DC Universe shows too. But the DCU shows didn't even start filming yet since the quarantine. I'm not expecting a trailer. Hopefully at least a poster shot and some discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Only really interested if they have a second trailer for WW '84 and plans for the line post-Death Metal. Maybe a solicitation date for Wonder Woman Historia.

No interest in any of the likely DC video games given they'll all be heavily Batman and friends focused.
    WW84 is definitely on my radar. I just wish it would come out soon because merchandise is leaking and revealing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My main interests for what I want to see from this:
    1. Animation news, DTV films and TV shows, including clips and previews/trailers
    2. Live action film and television news, including clips and trailers/previews
    3. Any upcoming Kids/Zoom/YA/Ink titles. I've been enjoying quite a few of these, looking forward to more.
    4. Any upcoming Black Label titles. Hopefully we'll get something else on the level of Harleen.
    5. Any other out of continuity or standalone one shot, OGN, or miniseries.
    Nice list! Harleen was very good. That and the Last God are the ones that I enjoy a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    As far as I understand, they will keep this event more for movies/tv/animation/games announcements, judging by the fact that they still have panel at Comic Con. But if they'll keep big news about comicbook plans for Fandome, I just want to know, what are their plans for post-Death Metal continuity. Maybe some information about next titles, new writers.
    About everything else. First of all I wait for some confirmation about their upcoming movies. There are a damn bunch of rumors about Zatanna, Raven, Constantine, Batgirl, Batman Beyond, Keaton's or Bale's Batman return, etc. Just want them to make things clear about their plans. And, of course, some news about Flashpoint and Black Adam. I hope they'll announce next Superman movie, but I doubt that will happen)
    Some information about their already announced TV-shows, like Green Lantern Corps and Justice League Dark, they've just announced them and that's it. And I hope we'll see some news about next Young Justice season, at least release date. Don't give a damn about CW-shows, except maybe Legends. And I also hope that they will announce their slate of new animation projects. There seem to have already been some hints that there will be something interesting on this part.
    Regarding games, well, it's already clear, that we're getting Batfamily, Suicide Squad and probably Injustice 3.
    Not a fan of the CW content either but I'm watching Stargirl and so far I'm enjoying it so I guess that's one of their shows I'm keeping an eye out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My concern is in the "we can use your submitted fan art for anything basically" part of the terms and conditions of fan art contest submission
    Hmm didn't see that. Could be a good way to promote people or hire them for future content but yeah I would be wary about sending art.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That's the first thing I try to find in every fan art submission contest guideline because it happened before. I forgot if it's Blizzard or some other corporate...

Like I don't think most fan art are going to be good and fits with a corporate's vision that they want to use all of them, but there a lot of good fan artists out there.

The Terms and Conditions that I'm comfortable with is if they say clearly that only the winner who receives money will get their work used in their products, because they already pay them... or if the contest is specifically to showcase fan work in one publication and that's it, they're not gonna reuse them.

The thing is DC already has art (and writer) program and they scout artists when they need to hire someone, even online, so there's nothing wrong with writing a specific terms and conditions instead of something vague.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-15-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC is definitely going full force with this event. This is the most aggressive I've seen them.

I hope there's more games showcased. I'm meh on the rumored SS and Batman game.

I'm very interested in the direction of the movies. I'm kinda interested in SS more than ever after seeing certain set leaks. The Batman has also caught my interest even though I'm tired of his content. See how Bats can suck you right back in?
    I wonder if Telltale will show anything there. Wolf Among Us is technically a WB property, if not a DC property. Might be too soon to announce the third season of Batman (not to harp on Batman again).

Oh yeah, I forgot about YJ. I wonder if they're gonna mention the elephant in the room and talk about the DC Universe streaming service. Just throw everything in HBO Max and make it comics only.

I wish to see more stuff behind HBO Max shows and DC Universe shows too. But the DCU shows didn't even start filming yet since the quarantine. I'm not expecting a trailer. Hopefully at least a poster shot and some discussions.
    I feel like this would be a good chance to definitively talk about the future of DCU and HBOMax. There were also some HBOMax Original DC stuff we might some news on (Green Lantern, the Aquaman cartoon, the teen DC show, Strange Adventures, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Telltale will show anything there. Wolf Among Us is technically a WB property, if not a DC property. Might be too soon to announce the third season of Batman (not to harp on Batman again).

I feel like this would be a good chance to definitively talk about the future of DCU and HBOMax. There were also some HBOMax Original DC stuff we might some news on (Green Lantern, the Aquaman cartoon, the teen DC show, Strange Adventures, etc.).
    I forgot TWAU was coming back! We really haven't heard anything since they announced it was being developed again.

New teaser

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 08-06-2020 at 12:21 AM.

More teases for Suicide Squad and a new logo

20200806_032415.jpg

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 08-06-2020 at 12:29 AM.

Fantastic Member

Since introductions are out of the way, what are you guys looking forward to? What questions are you going to submit? What do you wish to be announced?

I'm looking forward to all the things announced even if they don't pertain to a character or team I like. I'm just very desperate to be excited about anything DC nowadays.

I'm hoping for Injustice 3 announcement, new animated shows, HBO Max exclusive content, and solo books or mini's for characters I like (keeping my expectations low for this one).

I'm most likely going to have work so I won't catch all the news at once so anyone is free to post content revealed or things they experienced.
    I'm really hoping for an announcement about a new ongoing JSA book set in main continuity. Film and television are lavishing tons of love on the original super-team, but DC can't see fit to give them one title?

New teaser

So does this have like virtual, pre-recorded, panels and trailers you can just hop into or stream from the website?
    More teases for Suicide Squad and a new logo

20200806_032415.jpg

Loving the classic logo. Although the bullet holes makes it feel weirder that Deadshot's not in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    I'm really hoping for an announcement about a new ongoing JSA book set in main continuity. Film and television are lavishing tons of love on the original super-team, but DC can't see fit to give them one title?
    I could say that about a lot of DC's characters in other media.

Ah, the John Williams score. Good ****.

Looks like the movie isn't the only thing being shown off for the Suicide Squad, maybe the other gaming rumors might have some credibility now (I say might, no guarantees)

Ee0cqKBWsAEUsEy.jpg

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/su...teady-studios/

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/...ady-studios%2F
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-07-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Mark Waid will be there. Interesting.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Mark Waid will be there. Interesting.
    His Doctor Strange series was recently canceled. Hope its not for him going back to team DC

Astonishing Member

There were rumors about his return. DiDio is gone, so, it's highly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    His Doctor Strange series was recently canceled. Hope its not for him going back to team DC
    I think it means he doesn't have much ties left to Marvel now.