Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    I am wondering... will this event have no comic book related news?
    We had the Milestone announcement, Jim Lee focusing on diversity and digital... but beyond that not much. Makes sense seeing as how they just laid a bunch of people of and are heading in a new direction it seems

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    I am wondering... will this event have no comic book related news?
    They moved all the other panels (esp Comic book related) to Sept 12th, so nah.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Comic news is still probably confined to comic cons.

Batman trailer leaked and it looks good.

Gal Gadot is so irresistibly sweet and cute and adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The only comic book news has really been about Milestone getting a new line in Feb and Luke Fox becoming Batman (though to what extent isn't clear).
    they straight up confirmed Luke as Batman was happening?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Five minutes until Suicide Squad game reveal! Really hope they don't try and make it a Destiny clone and try and do something different and story driven.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    they straight up confirmed Luke as Batman was happening?
    They effectively confirmed that there's going to be a Batman of color, so who else is it going to be, especially after the 5G leaks?

This is stuff that was probably going to be at SDCC. So it is focusing mostly on other media. From memory SDCC and those big cons aren't really places where DC does a lot of comic book news stuff. So it isn't a big surprised there isn't a lot of comic book news from DC in it.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I have to admit, watching the WW84 cast play Werewolf is pretty funny and entertaining. Both for the actual game itself and just some weird stream/comms stuff.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Fantastic Member

They effectively confirmed that there's going to be a Batman of color, so who else is it going to be, especially after the 5G leaks?
    In serious danger of being shut down completely by AT&T and they think its a good idea to get rid of their cash cow, what total morons, Luke fox has barely done a thing to be Batman, his most prominent feature was as a side charcter in Tynions detective comics run where he turned AGAINST bruce. this is not the guy to be Batman, especially not when Dick, Tim and Jason are all around and good to go.
    replacing everyone with diversity clones didnt work for marvel during all-new all-different it sure as hell wont work now. scrap 5G before it kills you.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    In serious danger of being shut down completely by AT&T and they think its a good idea to get rid of their cash cow
    ...comic cash cow? I can assure you, it's almost guaranteed AT&T doesn't care if Batman proper sells 80k/mo or 50k/mo.

Plus, there's so many Bats titles out there, did they say Bruce will be in 0 of them?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

In serious danger of being shut down completely by AT&T and they think its a good idea to get rid of their cash cow, what total morons, Luke fox has barely done a thing to be Batman, his most prominent feature was as a side charcter in Tynions detective comics run where he turned AGAINST bruce. this is not the guy to be Batman, especially not when Dick, Tim and Jason are all around and good to go.
    replacing everyone with diversity clones didnt work for marvel during all-new all-different it sure as hell wont work now. scrap 5G before it kills you.
    The money comics makes have absolutely no impact on AT&T's wallet. They don't care what happens in it.

BANNED

Its mostly scrapped.

oh I heard that, I thought maybe they announced something more concrete like a title of synopsis or something and I missed it. yeah it does seemed to be a lock isn't it? I'm guessing it's gonna be a mini/maxi of some kind, since I think they announced Ridley for a limited series before, and then possibly a follow up run but that depends on what the atmosphere is looking like between now and whenever they stop being coil and announce what they're working on. Snyder was just talking about plans for Duke in Robin King and beyond, Aqualad's been picking up momentum lately too, DC appears to be making a push for black (and hopefully more underrepresented peoples of color) readership leading into Milestone, it would make sense to pull the trigger on the Luke 5G concept.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."