Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Seeing Tim Daley joined by names like Tony Shalhoub and the Fonz himself reading scripts from the 1940s Superman radio show is a treat.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The 3 Jokers concept seems more interesting now that I've heard the Johns interview.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

The DC Multiverse: Comics Multiverse is really cool with Grant Morrison, Nicola Scott, Mark Waid and Paul Levitz among others just chatting about the concept. And whatever you might think of his run, Bendis' chat with Gene Luen Yang and Dan Jurgens about Superman is short but sweet.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Jim Lee teases we will get news on the future of DC Universe next week: https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/1304862421828341761

In the tweet, we see a promo image that features comics that came out recently like death metal, joker war and some DC digital first comics. Looks like DC will close the gap between when comics come on the service even closer now!
    I guess so long as there is a future for the service .

Crisis on Infinite Earths panel screw up - deleted footage not shown as promised.
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-fandome-arrow...deleted-scene/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The 3 Jokers concept seems more interesting now that I've heard the Johns interview.
    Can you TL;DR? Heard he compared it to The Cult in terms of what he was going for.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can you TL;DR? Heard he compared it to The Cult in terms of what he was going for.
    Sure. The Cult was definitely mentioned in terms of tone.

Basically they've realized an old school mobster Joker ("The Criminal"), a theatrical prankster Joker ("The Clown"), and a modern pyschotic Joker ("The Comedian"). It seems like each one confronts Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd, and Batman in a specific way that reflects the trauma he's caused each of them.

that young justice audio play was fun, interesting seeing the same guys voice different roles, that guy Crispin Freeman switching from from Will to Boomerang to Roy was a treat as was Khary Payton as Kaldur and Manta.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If nothing else, getting to read all of the Raven graphic novel and watch all of Superman: Man of Tomorrow for free has been nice. The Batmobile documentaries were also really interesting.

The Interactive storytelling panel is interesting as they talk not just about Death In The Family but also some kind of interactive TV series and a Batman mobile game that tracks your eves and is time specific. Was kind of hoping they might also announce more about Telltale with a third season of Batman or WAU2 but ho hum.

All-New Member

Hello everyone, here's my drawing from the Fandome FanArt Contest. If you like the drawing please don't forget to vote it! Thanks everyone!

https://schedule.dcfandome.com/vote/...0df700193f755a

The New Voices of Wonder Woman was interesting from a meta perspective. All of the panelists (and other contributors) were women or non-binary. All had worked for DC in some way or another, but none of them had worked on Wonder Woman for an ongoing or in-continuity book. In one way it was refreshing, but it also drove home how much Wonder Woman has been shaped by men (even if some of them have been coloured or queer).

That no writer of an ongoing Wonder Woman—past or present—was there also made me wonder how much there are different visions of Wonder Woman within DC, and how they might be at war with each other.

Did anyone get a similar sense from other panels about characters?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

DC Fandome 2, coming 16th October 2021!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cool, I hope we get to see some more awesome announcements, I know it will probably be videogames and tv/movies but I am okay with that honestly.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    DC Fandome 2, coming 16th October 2021!
    So it begins again .

Extraordinary Member

Not ashamed to say I was a complete sucker for the first one.

Has anyone followed their international projects? I am curious about that aspect of what they described in the first Fandome.