Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253

maybe they'll announce a director for the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    maybe they'll announce a director for the reboot.
    Feel like Coates has to finish the script first.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC Films
    -The Batman trailer
    -Black Adam teaser
    -The Flash teaser
    -Aquaman 2 first look
    -Shazam 2 first look
    -2023 movie lineup confirmed (Blue Beetle, Static Shock, Zatanna are my guesses to join Shazam 2)

DC TV
    -Doom Patrol trailer
    -GCPD trailer
    -Peacemaker trailer
    -Stargirl season 3 news (season 2 would have premiered already)
    -Titans season 4 news (season 3 would have premiered already)
    -GLC news
    -Constantine news
    -Superhero High news
    -Arrowverse trailers (Flash, S&L, Batwoman, LoT)

DC Animation
    -Young Justice Phantoms trailer or premier
    -Harley Quinn trailer
    -SHG and TTGO news/renewals
    -Details on the 2022 animated films lineup

DC Games
    -Gotham Knights gameplay walkthrough and trailer
    -Suicide Squad trailer and story/roster confirmation
    -Injustice 3 announced (or Marvel vs DC! Hmmm)

That’s a lot of stuff compared to last year! Damn! I’m probably forgetting a lot, not to mention unannounced stuff and the comics too

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    DC Films
    -The Batman trailer
    -Black Adam teaser
    -The Flash teaser
    -Aquaman 2 first look
    -Shazam 2 first look
    -2023 movie lineup confirmed (Blue Beetle, Static Shock, Zatanna are my guesses to join Shazam 2)

DC TV
    -Doom Patrol trailer
    -GCPD trailer
    -Peacemaker trailer
    -GLC news
    -Constantine news
    -Superhero High news

DC Animation
    -Harley Quinn trailer

DC Games

That’s a lot of stuff compared to last year! Damn! I’m probably forgetting a lot, not to mention unannounced stuff and the comics too
    This seems pretty reasonable, barring a few surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Again the music of Superman, I wonder if this time Superman will be part of the event, because last time a lot of music but Superman was treated as a minor character.
    I wouldn't expect much. It's less about the comics and more other media. Superman and Lois is already on the air, the Abrams/Coates Superman reboot is far too early in for more news I think, and we all know they're not gonna give us a Superman videogame. Oh, and clearly Cavill is out whether he likes it or not, so people need to stop holding out hope for some Cavill Superman news because it's not happening. So really all that leaves us is the DTV animated movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    DC Films
    -The Batman trailer
    -Black Adam teaser
    -The Flash teaser
    -Aquaman 2 first look
    -Shazam 2 first look
    Seems reasonable on the 2023 guesses. Static was announced a year ago as was Blue Beetle, and Zatanna already has a writer working on the script. The only other contender would be the Superman reboot, and I feel like that's going to probably be a 2024 release (along with Batgirl and Hourman for that year).
    I made a mistake on The Suicide Squad, apparently that's getting released this year in august. Crazy...

DC TV
    -Doom Patrol trailer
    -GCPD trailer
    -Peacemaker trailer
    -GLC news
    -Constantine news
    -Superhero High news
    Have GCPD and Peacemaker even started filming yet? I've heard nothing of these shows having started production so it may be too soon for trailers. Unless they're going to film over this summer?
    And there's going to be a Constantine show?
    (I completely forgot about Superhero High.)

DC Animation
    -Harley Quinn trailer
    There might be a trailer or sneak peek for that HBO Max Aquaman cartoon too.
    And we might get details on their alleged animation plans for Milestone.

DC Games
    Not in a million years...

It was mostly complete actually, as far as the stuff we know something about. I'm most excited for the The Batman trailer, the Flash teaser (just to see Keaton in the batsuit again), the GCPD trailer/news, and the unannounced stuff. I know, Batman heavy, but I'm mostly a Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman fan and the rest of the Trinity doesn't have much announced right now. Hopefully that'll change. I mean, it's too early for a WW 3 announcement or much news on Superman reboot, but some animation news or some sort of HBO Max project might get announced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wouldn't expect much. It's less about the comics and more other media. Superman and Lois is already on the air, the Abrams/Coates Superman reboot is far too early in for more news I think, and we all know they're not gonna give us a Superman videogame. Oh, and clearly Cavill is out whether he likes it or not, so people need to stop holding out hope for some Cavill Superman news because it's not happening. So really all that leaves us is the DTV animated movies.
    So they don't use superman music, because they make the fans wait for something and finally nothing. Aside from superman, I hope they announce that the batman movie is the start of earth 2.

Spectacular Member

If they are going in the multiverse direction, I want to see a live action Crime Syndicate.

I'm pretty bummed because Matt Reeves Batman should of been out before this, first in July then in october. Stupid covid. Alas, all I really care about is Matt Reeves Batman, GCPD and new comic anouncements. Flash has peaked my interest because of keaton and Batfleck (#restorethesnyderverse)

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    So they don't use superman music, because they make the fans wait for something and finally nothing. Aside from superman, I hope they announce that the batman movie is the start of earth 2.
    They have to use some sort of iconic DC music, and the only music with that level of cache is either the classic Superman theme or the Danny Elfman Batman theme. The more generic "DC universe" themes all come from cartoons, and save maybe the Super Friends, none of those toons are as widely known (the DCAU JL/JLU is close, but not close enough). It's a problem, stemmed from the fact that they don't have a historical memorable JL movie, but I get why they chose the Superman theme to stand in for the theme of the greater and wider DCEU. It's better than using the Batman theme I think, even if they're not likely to announce anything major or great for Superman beyond further talks about a show that's already out or a reboot that's still in the scripting stage.

They already stated that it's designated as "earth 2" so technically The Batman is already the start of earth 2, what they haven't announced is that if it's a shared world or not - and I pray to god it isn't. I'd rather they either fix the shared world they already have, make a separate shared world not on The Batman's earth, or just quit doing shared universe movies for several years until they're capable of planning it out better. But judging from what we've seen so far, while The Batman looks amazing and awesome, it also doesn't look like the sort of Batman you should stretch out to exist in a shared setting just like The Dark Knight trilogy before it.

I get if you feel like the DCEU earth 1 got too screwed up by the early Snyder films to be salvageable and just want to move on to another earth's continuity to reboot it and view The Batman's earth 2 as their shot to move on and away from that, but personally I think that'd be almost as bad as looking at the earth of the Joker movie and saying that should be the springboard for the next Superman and Wonder Woman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    If they are going in the multiverse direction, I want to see a live action Crime Syndicate.
    This. I've been wanting a big cinematic version of the Crime Syndicate since the animated Crisis on Two Earths movie with James Wood's Owlman. That'd make a great and spectacular Justice League movie. Heck, I'd even want to see a movie about just the Crime Syndicate on their earth even without the Justice League coming in to fight them, assuming it's done well. Actually, I'd prefer it, would make a later JL vs CS movie an even bigger deal.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Hopefully there will be a trailer/preview of DC SUPER PETS.

SuperPets.jpg