Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Funny thing about Captain Comet. I've heard that he was actually up for JL membership, but lost the popularity contest to Zatanna.
    Yeah, I do not think he is that popular. Most people I know have never heard of Captain Comet. More than half have heard of Zantanna.

I’ve always liked Captain Comet.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’ve always liked Captain Comet.
    Yes, I as well.

I always wanted him to come back to earth and be DC’s Prof. X, gathering various mutants together (they're out there at DC) and taking them under his wing.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I do not think he is that popular. Most people I know have never heard of Captain Comet. More than half have heard of Zantanna.
    I'll have to find a cite, but that's not "I made it up." That was an industry professional talking about his plans for the good Captain that never happened. I don't propose that he was A-List, but 44 years ago, The Secret Society of Supervillains seriously upped his visibility. In that era, Zatanna was still a much smaller property than she is today. So, the people you know may be ill-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I always wanted him to come back to earth and be DC’s Prof. X, gathering various mutants together (they're out there at DC) and taking them under his wing.
    Yeah, I agree Captain Comet needs to have a more prominent role with DC mutants, training them and he himself in the DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'll have to find a cite, but that's not "I made it up." That was an industry professional talking about his plans for the good Captain that never happened. I don't propose that he was A-List, but 44 years ago, The Secret Society of Supervillains seriously upped his visibility. In that era, Zatanna was still a much smaller property than she is today. So, the people you know may be ill-informed.
    I was not disagreeing wih you, but actually agreeing, giving a personal example.

Well, I feel like I barely knew of CC, even though I try to know of all characters, since he is not around much in the DCU and Zatanna I only knew of because of JLA. Heard of Secret Society of Supervillains (as a villain team) but never knew they had a book, nor that Captain Comet was in it. Guess I was ill-informed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Avengers Unity Squad had Rogue, Havok, Sunfire, Cable, Wolverine, and Quicksilver.

Defenders who became Avengers or vice versa:
    Namor, Hulk, Dr. Strange.
    This is interesting to note.

Cheers.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This is interesting to note.

Cheers.
    Also, as I previously mentioned Valkyrie (Brunhilde) was a Defender and then (Secret) Avenger.

In addition, Hellcat was an Avenger who later became a Defender.