Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Fantastic Member

Cass is more socially awkward than bruce at times that helps at other times it makes it worst and like others wrote she is not the best at other areas of detection besides knowing peoples movement like chemistry or other parts that you need in detective work.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cass is protected, in that way, and rarely does she face a problem she can’t karate chop or body read away, and when her situation got too inconvenient for her as Batgirl they hand waved it. She has these more or less superpowers but she is suppose to have them at the cost of normal everyday things people use to function. She couldn’t talk, or read, had no education, etc. As Batman, with out even more handwaving, it’d be harder to dance around from confronting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Cass is more socially awkward than bruce at times that helps at other times it makes it worst and like others wrote she is not the best at other areas of detection besides knowing peoples movement like chemistry or other parts that you need in detective work.
    This seems pretty nit picky.
    Again, Cass isn’t stupid, and she’s evolved her abilities since her introduction which is more than can be said for 96% of characters. As for detective-ing...just how much of it does Batman really do anyway? His villains usually go out of their way to GET his attention.
    For those rare moments she needs to figure something out? She’s got help on tap, and yeah a hand wave if needed. Of all the things that get handwaved in comics, Cass having an intuitive moment wouldnt rank in the top 1000.

Is it nit picky though? I question the ability of how any one properly functions in the world with out those fundamentals, let alone operates as a super hero like Batman. Not being a good detective? We’re talking about things like being able to barely read here. We’re talking about knowledge and understanding of things so basic to most we take them for granted, and just assume these characters are knowledgeable in because of how hard it would be to function with out.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-16-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Yeah that’s...nit picky!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oracle can do the deduction. She's good enough to notice irregularities, find and gather samples, but if she's not good at deducting and analysis she can give it to Oracle.

No Batman work alone.

I don't see why not. I actually like the idea of someone like Cass taking over in an AU story

Mighty Member

There was once a picture with (seemingly) Cassandra as new Batman

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...martian+violet

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I think she would. Her final rank as a cadet specifically involved coordinating between various departments, along with being responsible for, among other things, morale within the Brigade Staff. Can't do any of that without people skills.
    I'll go by the evidence shown on page - which was Kate continually not being of much use during family dramas, involving teenagers, for the duration of the Gotham Knights 'Tec run. She pretty much stayed silent during such situations, again and again, and left all the consoling to Bruce. I mean, Renee and Bruce consoled her more than she did anyone...did she actually console anyone at all, I'll have to look that up if I can be bothered.

Yes, she did hug Tim, but that was at the very end when he'd pretty much calmed down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'll go by the evidence shown on page - which was Kate continually not being of much use during family dramas, involving teenagers, for the duration of the Gotham Knights 'Tec run. She pretty much stayed silent during such situations, again and again, and left all the consoling to Bruce.
    Because it wasn't her place to do any of that...? She barely knows any of them. I'm confused as to even what situations you're talking about, let alone what you think she should have done in them.

did she actually console anyone at all,
    She did to Bruce, after Tim "died." I don't get what the sticking point is here. I don't think she would want nor should take the type of leadership position being talked about here (barring extreme circumstances), but this doesn't make sense as something to disqualify her from it.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-17-2020 at 12:57 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She did to Bruce, after Tim "died." I don't get what the sticking point is here. I don't think she would want nor should take the type of leadership position being talked about here (barring extreme circumstances), but this doesn't make sense as something to disqualify her from it.
    Oh yeah, she told him to get psyche help, lol.

Military command and babysitting teens are no doubt a very different skill set, I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh yeah, she told him to get psyche help, lol.
    And comforted him in the immediate aftermath. And despite your snark, that advice of hers was genuinely good. She herself knows the value of getting that kind of help.

Military command and babysitting teens are no doubt a very different skill set, I wouldn't worry about it.
    C'mon, I was trying to talk about this seriously.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-17-2020 at 01:26 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

If someone doesn't even have grade school education let alone social skills how can she function on any level to be what Gotham needs her to be. Imo Cass was always just this attack dog who got thrown at a problem.
    Any problem that couldn't be solved with violence and she's clueless

It'll be a fun read but she'd be a terrible Batman
    I'm actually glad Snyder added the cloning machine because conversations will be rendered moot. Bruce will always be Batman

^^^Hmm. I guess we see characters differently.

Anyhow, this has def. been an interesting tangent!