BANNED

Default Who do you feel poses the greater threat? Joker or Bane?

Well after Bane the Joker is going to war with Batman again. Who do you feel is the most dangerous antagonist to Batman between these two? Is Bane ahead for taking over Gotham twice and making the Joker work for him or is the Joker ahead having infected the whole dcu with joker venom at least sometime or the other? Does Banes ruthless cunning and great strength make him a more formidable opponent or does Joker's unpredictable nature and crazy chaotic intelligence trump him?

Bane was utterly unable to notice that his whole operation had been hijacked by Thomas Wayne Sr. in City of Bane and basically did nothing but kill Alfred during it. This portrayal alone should sadly makes him beneath Joker.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-21-2020 at 02:50 AM.

It's a weird question because you have a character in Snyder's Batman Who Laughs that is a universe ending threat like a Anti-Monitor which was created by the Joker corrupting Batman basically. Bane can't compete with that. Joker as a villain is basically whatever any writer wants him to be even if it goes WAY beyond what I personally think should be the scope of the character. I guess it basically comes down to Joker being the most popular villain so he is the most dangerous in terms of comic book logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It's a weird question because you have a character in Snyder's Batman Who Laughs that is a universe ending threat like a Anti-Monitor which was created by the Joker corrupting Batman basically. Bane can't compete with that. Joker as a villain is basically whatever any writer wants him to be even if it goes WAY beyond what I personally think should be the scope of the character. I guess it basically comes down to Joker being the most popular villain so he is the most dangerous in terms of comic book logic.
    ^^^That...is pretty much what it boils down to.

This thread may get one to one hundred more responses debating each character’s pros and cons achievements and setbacks etc. but you nailed it.